PDA

View Full Version : Trump regarding Snowden, 2013

UWDude
11-12-2016, 05:16 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/346998236776640513

All I can say is that if I were President, Snowden would have already been returned to the U.S. (by their fastest jet) and with an apology!

The Gold Standard
11-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Hopefully Snowden is smart enough not to trust him.

scm
11-12-2016, 05:51 PM

Why stop at 2013

go here for the rest.
https://www.google.com/search?ei=8aknWO7HD8PHjwTU-K5Q&q=snowden+site%3Atwitter.com%2Frealdonaldtrump&oq=snowden+site%3Atwitter.com%2Frealdonaldtrump&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...6244.6244.0.7038.1.1.0.0.0.0.144.144.0j1. 1.0....0...1..64.mobile-gws-serp..0.0.0.5ODxQ2zHflE

TheCount
11-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Why stop at 2013You don't understand how Trump supporters work; they just cherrypick all of the various garbage that's come of his mouth to select the favorable thing while ignoring the rest. I'm sure it will work the same for his policies once he's president; he will implement 14 terrible things and 1 good thing, and all that you'll ever read about on here will be how great that one thing is.

alucard13mm
11-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Julian Assange might get a break. Snowden? Probably not.

UWDude
11-12-2016, 06:43 PM
You don't understand how Trump supporters work; they just cherrypick all of the various garbage that's come of his mouth to select the favorable thing while ignoring the rest. I'm sure it will work the same for his policies once he's president; he will implement 14 terrible things and 1 good thing, and all that you'll ever read about on here will be how great that one thing is.

stereo hypocrisy

scm
11-12-2016, 07:09 PM
You don't understand how Trump supporters work; they just cherrypick all of the various garbage that's come of his mouth to select the favorable thing while ignoring the rest. I'm sure it will work the same for his policies once he's president; he will implement 14 terrible things and 1 good thing, and all that you'll ever read about on here will be how great that one thing is.

i know how they work. That's why I try to correct them with facts. They hate that.

enhanced_deficit
11-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Why stop at 2013

Heard today that media took Trump literally but not seriously while majority of those who voted for him took him seriously but not literally.

In this case, media approach was wrong it may be mistake to try to predict actions of a President Trump based on tweets of a Candidate Trump.
Otherwise it would be hard to reconcile these tweets from candidate Trump:

http://i.imgur.com/xOJZpCK.jpg
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/502d3a4769bedd2b48000003/donald-trump-tweet.png

and this action from Pres elect Trump yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLo1B3GerqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLo1B3GerqE

You'll have to take totality of oft divergent words on an issue, his trackrecord/general worldview and then maybe a reasonable guess could be made about the future actions of a somewhat unpredictable politician. He also has a tedency to say exaggerated things to please his audience, to connect to people.
He's probably going to be not too tough on wikileaks, Russia.. anybody's guess how he will handle Snowden.

Donald Trump Calls on Russia to Find Hillary Clinton's Missing Emails
www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html)
Jul 27, 2016 - Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said, essentially encouraging a foreign ...

Some had called Trump similar names to what were used for Snowden.

TheCount
11-12-2016, 07:33 PM
i know how they work. That's why I try to correct them with facts. They hate that.We will likely see a wall of threads like this when it starts to become obvious that Trump is stacking his administration with cronies and establishment types as his supporters try to desperately cling to their fantasies.

eleganz
11-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Thats before the hacker underground (assange) was helping his campaign.

If anything Assange has a friend in Trump and with that package comes Snowden.

Pizzo
11-12-2016, 07:57 PM

Serious question, were you unaware of his other statements regarding Snowden, or did you purposely omit them? Thank you.

UWDude
11-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Serious question, were you unaware of his other statements regarding Snowden, or did you purposely omit them? Thank you.

Somebody wrote he had said it, but with out proof. Now I know.

Pizzo
11-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Somebody wrote he had said it, but with out proof. Now I know.

Fair enough. Let's hope when it comes down to it, his outlook reverted back to what you quoted. Cheers.

Peace Piper
11-12-2016, 08:04 PM
We will likely see a wall of threads like this when it starts to become obvious that Trump is stacking his administration with cronies and establishment types as his supporters try to desperately cling to their fantasies.

Not fantasies. There were 2 choices. One of these people was going to be the next president. Trump was a huge FU to DC- admitted by none other than Michael Moore. Who knows, the American people might just get the idea that they can fire these weasels at will. Imagine that. The work has just begun. This is a start, not an end.

Maybe nest time the Libertarians won't pick a wack job to lead their ticket. The one time they could have maybe got the required support to be in the general debates their candidate Gary starts sticking his tongue out at reporters and falling on the carpet. Pathetic. Harry Browne is rolling in his grave.

If Donald Trump has managed to stop the TPP he's already done more for the US than the last 3 jackasses combined. And maybe he'll stop trying to poke Russia. He's convinced many Americans that one does not need to spout PC BS while campaigning. He's called the wars for what they are and were - even if he's lying about where he stood. He's shown that candidates can go on Alex Jones and still win. Not ideal by any means but a start. The alternative was a horrid devil-woman that likely would have started WW3.

Here's for those who think the US doesn't need to make anything anymore, while Wall Street crooks and scoundrels laughs all the way to their 40 room mansions. Many even on this forum don't see the importance of a nation being self sufficient. Right now the US doesn't even know how to make many things anymore, even if it wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvcyHl9otk

"People are tired of seeing the US ripped off' - Yes we are. Now perform Donald or you're fired.

TheCount
11-12-2016, 08:17 PM
Not fantasies. There were 2 choices. One of these people were going to be the next president.

There are two different types of advocates for Trump. One is as the lesser of two evils. The other try to promote him as a genuinely good option regardless of circumstance and tend to try extol his supposed virtues. There is a vast difference between the two, and both types exist here.

Here's for those who think the US doesn't need to make anything anymore, while Wall Street crooks and scoundrels laughs all the way to their 40 room mansions. Many even on this forum don't see the importance of a nation being self sufficient. Right now the US doesn't even know how to make many things anymore, even if it wanted.

A wall street crook and scoundrel is exactly who Trump is and has been. His businesses have been a financial success for him and a material failure for cities and workers. All of the products bearing his name are manufactured overseas.

Electing him on the basis that he will save the country from crooks and cronies is, essentially, inviting the fox into the henhouse because he's promising to keep all of the other foxes out.

UWDude
11-12-2016, 08:20 PM
There are two different types of advocates for Trump.

False polarization = disingenuous attempt at dialogue.

TheCount
11-12-2016, 08:24 PM
False polarization = disingenuous attempt at dialogue.

Just counting threads, not posts, you made three pro-Trump threads today, four yesterday, two the day before that, and four on the 9th.

It's pretty obvious which kind you are.

UWDude
11-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Just counting threads, not posts, you made three pro-Trump threads today, four yesterday, two the day before that, and four on the 9th.

It's pretty obvious which kind you are.

there are more than two kinds. I'll let you keep stacking your chips, and then take the pot.

Come at me, bro.

Champ
11-12-2016, 08:57 PM
The fact that there is even a chance that a whistleblower like Snowden could be pardoned in a Trump presidency, gives a slight amount of optimism. Some of the pro-Trump insiders have some sort of beef with Snowden. Maybe this will be alleviated if relations with Russia improve during a Trump presidency, a direction they seem to be headed. I don't know where the ire comes from beyond the usual anti transparency and guarding of state secrets bs we are always lectured about.

The rhetoric we have been hearing from Obama over the last few years about Snowden and similar stances being echoed by Clinton resulted in zero optimism that he would be pardoned, at least for me. These people absolutely despise whistleblowers to the most extreme extent, including the desire to drone striking the crap out of Assange.

I will take a slight chance over zero chance any day of the week.

11-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Trump just makes it up as he goes along and tells you what you want to hear. Some of you haven't figured that out yet it seems.

CaptUSA
11-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Trump just makes it up as he goes along and tells you what you want to hear. Some of you haven't figured that out yet it seems.

Yeah, exactly. I mean, when I read that tweet in the OP, it sounds like he's saying, "If I were President, Russia wouldn't have given that traitor asylum. They would have returned him to the US government for execution with their deepest apologies!"

But, I suppose others will read what they want to believe.