PDA

View Full Version : Offical statement; I was wrong

pcosmar
11-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Calling myself out.

I made a prediction that has turned out completely wrong.

I had predicted Jeb Bush. I admit my mistake..

and I hope Mr. Trump surprises me again and turns out to be actually not bad.

:cool:

not holding by breath or anything

FunkBuddha
11-12-2016, 10:21 AM
I was wrong too. I had $50 on Hillary winning. I had $50 on her winning the primary too, so I'm even Steven.

I'm always even Steven though, so it should've been obvious she was going to lose.

The One
11-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Calling myself out.

Please clap.

oyarde
11-12-2016, 10:50 AM
I was wrong too. I had $50 on Hillary winning. I had $50 on her winning the primary too, so I'm even Steven.

I'm always even Steven though, so it should've been obvious she was going to lose.

I thought she would win too because of states like WI ,PA ,MI etc, so I was wrong , though I bet nothing . She had nothing to offer anyone and it looks like the sheep agreed except the usual suspects , CA , NY etc

Suzanimal
11-12-2016, 10:51 AM
I was wrong, too. I also thought Jeb! would be the nominee and I thought Clinton would win the general. I didn't bet anything.

11-12-2016, 11:51 AM
I also thought it would be Jeb! and Hillary with Hillary winning.

rprprs
11-12-2016, 11:59 AM

I'm not so lucky...lol. I'm out the same $50.00 on the general, but didn't bet on the primary. :(

jonhowe
11-12-2016, 12:00 PM

Im visiting my brother in Denmark this winter but will be meeting him 1st in our favorite beer city, Brussels. We had a bet on the primaries and the general. I bet Clinton would win both. He bet Sanders and Trump would win them, respectively. So, for our two nights in Brussels, he will be buying the beer the 1st night, and I will the 2nd.

FSP-Rebel
11-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Considering that I've become a Drudge and InfoWars junkie, I was well aware at how mistaken/crooked the polling was, as well as the media collusion w/ Hillary inc. So, I was cautiously optimistic that Trump was going to win.

seapilot
11-12-2016, 12:09 PM
I watched the Brexit and this was almost a carbon copy of what happened there. I think the rest of Europe is going to flip in the near future for better or worse. European Establishment had an emergency meeting in Brussels about Trump's win. I think it had more to do with how they are realizing there is a tide of discontent among the people that they can not control.

nobody's_hero
11-12-2016, 12:17 PM
I watched the Brexit and this was almost a carbon copy of what happened there. I think the rest of Europe is going to flip in the near future for better or worse. European Establishment had an emergency meeting in Brussels about Trump's win. I think it had more to do with how they are realizing there is a tide of discontent among the people that they can not control.

It makes it REALLY hard for me to believe that the globalists wanted Trump to win. Granted, there's still a lot of time for them to try to . . . influence him.

But man, EVERYONE had their bets placed on the Clinton horse. The media. The bankers. The EU.

Madison320
11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
I posted a bunch of times that I thought the "enthusiasm" gap was the biggest in history and the polls may not be picking it up. But towards the end I figured the polls were so much in favor of Hillary that it wouldn't matter. Also I started watching the betting odds which gave Hillary an 84% of winning the day before the election.

KEEF
11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
I was wrong in both the primary and general.

But continually grow more cynical. I hope and pray this country turns out for the better than what I was planning for under a Hillary administration; I doubt it will (maybe slow a bit) but will NEVER call myself a Trump supporter.

Only time will tell what sort of presidency Trump will. Ring, but with his recent bend on the affordable care act, I doubt anything will be for the good except for a greater divide in the people created by (and expounded by) the MSM. People will hate the media right now, but like a crack addict, the thoughtless people will be needing some pundant to do the thinking for them.

My liberal colleagues in the land of higher education were crying to me Wednesday morning, I simply responded to them that the sun will come up tomorrow still and so now you just have to take care of your own. They didn't like that comment because I didn't give them some SJW "educated" response.

rprprs
11-12-2016, 12:19 PM
This is, perhaps, one good result that may arise from Trump's victory. That it will help propel further exit initiatives from the EU. At least if Trump doesn't screw up too badly... or too quickly.

pcosmar
11-12-2016, 12:29 PM
At least if Trump doesn't screw up too badly... or too quickly.

^^ this

though Obama surprised me by not being as bad as McCain.

euphemia
11-12-2016, 01:39 PM
My prediction was that this election would be about men age 50 and older. It was.

Pizzo
11-12-2016, 02:39 PM
I thought he would have a Perry/deep dish like collapse in the primaries and thought he had no chance in the general either. I also hope the people here who supported him ate right about him.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Yep, so was I, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fully admit it and apologize for my rants at everybody, including Mrs. AF. donnay

I am admittedly pleased at dodging the SCROTUS bullet, and slapping down the fuckers at the EPA.

So I, like Pete, am cautiously optimistic.

Origanalist
11-12-2016, 02:47 PM
I even had a shirt that said "Clinton/Bush 2016 because what difference does it make?" early on.

pcosmar
11-12-2016, 02:50 PM

Optimistic is a stretch.

just not going all Chicken Little. ;)

heavenlyboy34
11-12-2016, 02:53 PM
I didn't bother with the primaries, but I called the general for Herr Trump (though voted and campaigned and hoped for Vermin Supreme).

Anti Federalist
11-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Optimistic is a stretch.

just not going all Chicken Little. ;)

Hah, understood.

Origanalist
11-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Yep, so was I, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fully admit it and apologize for my rants at everybody, including Mrs. AF. donnay

I am admittedly pleased at dodging the SCROTUS bullet, and slapping down the fuckers at the EPA.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2016, 02:55 PM
This is, perhaps, one good result that may arise from Trump's victory. That it will help propel further exit initiatives from the EU. At least if Trump doesn't screw up too badly... or too quickly.

EU?

Hah.

#CalExit
#IlExit
#NYExit

RJB
11-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Calling myself out.

Yeah, I think it's funny when people fight over prediction. For one, no one knows until it happens. Two, my predictions are usually cynical and I usually pray that I am wrong. :)

Anti Federalist
11-12-2016, 02:56 PM

Wish tweets would display properly...whatcha got?

Anti Federalist
11-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I think it's funny when people fight over prediction. For one, no one knows until it happens. Two, my predictions are usually cynical and I usually pray that I am wrong. :)

Yeah, that's me as well.

Hope for the Best - Expect the Worst.

Origanalist
Wish tweets would display properly...whatcha got?

George Takei ✔ GeorgeTakei
Obama should tell the Senate they have 2 weeks to act on his nomination of Merrick for SCOTUS. If they waive their right he'll just appoint.
3:18 PM - 10 Nov 2016

Anti Federalist

Yeah, that's me as well.

Hope for the Best - Expect the Worst.

RJB
11-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Yeah, that's me as well.

Hope for the Best - Expect prepare for the Worst.

FIFY. That's why I've been saying stock the pantry. At this point Trump need not be assassinated with a bullet if he is the real deal. All they have to do is pull the plug on the dollar.

rprprs
11-12-2016, 03:05 PM
EU?

Hah.

#CalExit
#IlExit
#NYExit
Well, of course!!!
And, if I thought it likely, I'd put CalExit at the top of my list.
But, for now, I'll just take what I can get. ;)

CaseyJones
11-12-2016, 03:05 PM
the same people as always won
who do you think holds hairpieces leash

Anti Federalist
11-12-2016, 03:18 PM
George Takei ✔ GeorgeTakei
Obama should tell the Senate they have 2 weeks to act on his nomination of Merrick for SCOTUS. If they waive their right he'll just appoint.
3:18 PM - 10 Nov 2016

Ugh...go back to conning the Enterprise please.

rprprs
11-12-2016, 03:31 PM
the same people as always won
who do you think holds hairpieces leash
Well, while I have every suspicion that they WILL, I'm not ready to concede that they DID.
Trump was attacked from every faction from nearly every corner of the globe.
Now, I know you probably think that was all part of the plan and the biggest con job ever, but I'm just not ready to make that leap.

That said, my cynicism is such that I doubt that distinction will matter much in the end. Time will tell.

CaseyJones
11-12-2016, 03:39 PM
no I do not think it was part of the plan
but he is a deal maker

TheTexan
11-12-2016, 03:42 PM
It's gonna be a Great eight years

rprprs
11-12-2016, 03:44 PM
no I do not think it was part of the plan
but he is a deal maker
I stand corrected.
And yes, those 'deals' could be deadly.

dannno
11-12-2016, 03:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvm5ZFPIrE

jmdrake
11-12-2016, 03:58 PM

I bet someone on this forum too and I don't remember who it was. Whoever you are, PM me and I'll pay up. (And don't anyone else try to fake it.)

sam1952
11-12-2016, 04:16 PM
I thought she would win too because of states like WI ,PA ,MI etc, so I was wrong , though I bet nothing . She had nothing to offer anyone and it looks like the sheep agreed except the usual suspects , CA , NY etc

You know I'm from southwestern Pa and although Pa's a traditional blue state it's a very strong 2nd amendment state. Hillary is not well liked in Rural Pa. Along with her comments about killing coal and fracking, Pa being a yuge energy player, the dumb ass killed herself with statements like this in Pa, Ohio, WV, Kentucky.

The polls here predicted a Hillary win and I thought she would win Pa but honestly...... I'm not surprised she lost, hahahahaha
and I'm no Trump supporter.

I am finding it funny that I am feeling hopeful for this country and Donald Trump is the messenger :eek:

Politics makes strange bedfellows....