PDA

View Full Version : An Audience We NEED to Tap.

foofighter20x
06-30-2007, 07:25 PM
The US Military stationed overseas.

Josh, Bradley,

We need to get Dr Paul interviewed on Armed Forces Network (AFN), which is HQ'd at March ARB, CA (right outside Los Angeles) so overseas service men and women can get a better idea of who Dr Paul is and what he stands for.

LibertyEagle
06-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes, I agree. There is a discussion about the military, here.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4931

rich34
06-30-2007, 07:31 PM
I was just thinking about this earlier. Those soldiers serving in the military have many to choose from if there in favor of "finishing the job," but they only have one to choose from if they're wanting to come home and be closer to their familes. I'd bet they'd be real interested to hear Dr. Paul's views.

foofighter20x
06-30-2007, 07:39 PM
The great thing about AFN is that in countries that don't primarily speak English, AFN (Korea, Japan, all of continental Europe), AFN has a virtual monopoly on the English speaking radio market. If we put Dr Paul's message there, I can guarantee that most military members will likely hear it, whether at work or on their drive home.

foofighter20x
06-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Also, chances are Dr Paul can do the interview on either AFN Radio or AFN TV out of the studios at the Pentagon.

LibertyEagle
06-30-2007, 07:49 PM
That's a good idea, foofighter.

foofighter20x
06-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah... I almost completely forgot about the Pentagon Channel and the whole TV half of the AFN network.

Had a real brain fart there! :eek: :D

My main worry, however, is that we can ask, but DoD will smack us down with a No.

rich34
06-30-2007, 08:08 PM
The only problem is would the military industrial complex approve of Dr. Paul going on that network?

angrydragon
06-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Would they deny a veteran like Dr. Paul?

Wyurm
06-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Would they deny a veteran like Dr. Paul?

only one way to find out

rich34
06-30-2007, 08:22 PM
That is true in a logical sense, but we're up against illogical people.

JaylieWoW
06-30-2007, 10:25 PM
What about the anti-war sites. I found several one day. I'll have to post the links from work. I saved them for contacting.

Bradley in DC
06-30-2007, 10:27 PM
This would be a Jesse question. He is in Iowa with one or two other things going on this weekend.;)

foofighter20x
06-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Jesse? Who'dat?

Can you forward the idea to him/her?

mikelovesgod
07-01-2007, 02:40 PM
The real problem is a lot of these guys are brainwashed. Operation Iraqi Freedom is seen like a heroic effort. I live next to 2 bases and these guys in training love the idea. Entrenched vets may not have the same view and that's should be our emphasis.

foofighter20x
07-01-2007, 02:46 PM
The real problem is a lot of these guys are brainwashed. Operation Iraqi Freedom is seen like a heroic effort. I live next to 2 bases and these guys in training love the idea. Entrenched vets may not have the same view and that's should be our emphasis.

I have to disagree.

Are you speaking from being in the miltary or from what you see on TV?

Because, as a service member, I can tell you for fact that only the brown-nosed kiss-asses get put in front of the cameras. We realisticly minded troops are seen as "having a bad attitude." And in the rare instances we "bad apples" make in on TV, we are either squelched or the footage isn't used.

Propaganda, anyone?

lynnf
07-01-2007, 03:24 PM
The US Military stationed overseas.

Josh, Bradley,

We need to get Dr Paul interviewed on Armed Forces Network (AFN), which is HQ'd at March ARB, CA (right outside Los Angeles) so overseas service men and women can get a better idea of who Dr Paul is and what he stands for.

Armed Forces media are heavily censored, by exclusion if nothing else . So I expect that this nut will be tougher to crack than the mainstream media. It's a long
shot but worth a try.

lynn