PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Replaces Chris Christie With Mike Pence as Head of Transition Team

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Donald Trump Replaces Chris Christie With Mike Pence as Head of Transition Team

President-elect Donald Trump has asked his running mate, Mike Pence, to take over the transition team efforts from New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, ABC News has confirmed.

The announcement, which was initially reported by The New York Times, comes amid speculation over whether members of Trump's inner circle will tapped for cabinet positions.
More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-replaces-chris-christie-mike-pence-head/story?id=43474352

Some shuffling going on. They are reporting this as fact, there were also rumors that Peter Thiel or Trump's kids would take over to head transition team.

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2016, 03:19 PM
CNN just reported a rumor that Christie was removed because of disagreement over bringing any #NeverTrump people into the Administration. Have to believe that translates to neoconservatives.

goldenequity
11-11-2016, 03:38 PM
CNN just reported a rumor that Christie was removed because of disagreement over bringing any #NeverTrump people into the Administration. Have to believe that translates to neoconservatives.

Appreciate your post...
no way to avoid 'neocons'.... THINK about it.
I'm interested to see which ones get through the 'night of the long knives'. hahaha
great stuff. :D
better than the Cubs taking the series.
This will last through the holidays... every day a new present to open.
sorry... been so bored w/ domestic politics for so long
that this is totally enjoyable. Everything is upside down and threatened. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

staerker
11-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Getting his firing streak started already?

TheCount
11-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Getting his firing streak started already?Christie wasn't neocon enough so they had to take it up a notch.

Also, bad optics what with Christie's aides getting convicted of felonies and all.

staerker
11-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Christie wasn't neocon enough so they had to take it up a notch.

Also, bad optics what with Christie's aides getting convicted of felonies and all.

Nope.

jonhowe
11-11-2016, 06:42 PM

I wonder who was on which side? Trump seems to be "opening up", but Christie is ONE OF THEM. Who knows.

I hope Thiel gets a spot.

jonhowe
11-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Christie wasn't neocon enough so they had to take it up a notch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Christie is charged soon. The testimony from the last trial can now be referenced to get inner-circle people to testify against him, and he's a big juicy fish for the DA.

TheCount
11-11-2016, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Christie is charged soon. The testimony from the last trial can now be referenced to get inner-circle people to testify against him, and he's a big juicy fish for the DA.

Didn't they both testify that it was him that did it all, not them?

jonhowe
11-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Didn't they both testify that it was him that did it all, not them?

IIRC it was more that "we did it, he was aware, and as far we know he ordered it."

Zippyjuan
11-11-2016, 07:09 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-starts-assembling-cabinet-chris-christie-article-1.2869595

Donald Trump casts Chris Christie aside as he starts assembling cabinet

Chris Christie’s hitting the highway.

The New Jersey governor was replaced as head of President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team on Friday by Vice President-elect Mike Pence.

Christie — who came off the campaign trail for Trump after two of his aides were convicted of a political revenge scheme against one of his foes — was reduced to a “vice-chair” of the transition, along with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions and former mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Giuliani has been rumored to be under consideration for either Attorney General or Secretary of State.

In a statement, Trump said Pence would “build on the initial work” done by Christie.

He also announced an “executive committee” for the transition that includes three of his children — Don Jr., Eric and Ivanka — and Ivanka’s husband, Jared Kushner.

Their inclusion raises questions about the role the Trump family will play in the White House — and his ability to cut ties with his family business.

Trump repeatedly said during the campaign that his kids would not follow him to Washington and would instead run the Trump Organization in a “blind trust” to avoid conflicts of interest.

Also on the committee are moneyman Anthony Scaramucci and PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, who funded the Hulk Hogan lawsuit that sank the news and gossip website Gawker.

There may be more to come. Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski was spotted at Trump Tower, and resigned his commentating gig at CNN on Friday.

TheCount
11-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Giuliani has been rumored to be under consideration for either Attorney General or Secretary of State.

Pardon me while I throw up in my mouth.

UWDude
11-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Pardon me while I throw up in my mouth.

Trey Gowdy actually.

Zippy with more FUD. Zippy with more baseless predictions. Zippy lying as usual.

TheCount
11-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Trey Gowdy actually.

You think they're going to pull a rep who just got re-elected out of the House to fill one of those?

UWDude
11-11-2016, 07:37 PM
You think they're going to pull a rep who just got re-elected out of the House to fill one of those?

It has been mentioned on Fox he's on the short list.

timosman
11-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Trey Gowdy actually.

Zippy with more FUD. Zippy with more baseless predictions. Zippy lying as usual.

You should not abuse our underage audience. Zippy started trolling back in 2008 when he was only 9. Now at 17, he has matured and his views have crystalized. The way he constructs his arguments is unprecedented for such a young individual. We should all be happy Zippy is gracing us with his presence.

seapilot
11-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Maybe they realized they would not be able to afford the catering bill with him running it.

Drumpf historically has publicly believed in some conspiracy theories and probably has a bit of suspicion about people he does not really know. Probably why he wants his family involved. I found an article that listed his favorite books he loves and recommends. His number one is the Art of War by Sun Tzu. Makes sense now.

UWDude
11-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Maybe they realized they would not be able to afford the catering bill with him running it.

Drumpf historically has publicly believed in some conspiracy theories and is probably has a bit of suspicion about people he does not really know. Probably why he wants his family involved. I found an article that listed his favorite books he loves and recommends. His number one is the Art of War by Sun Tzu. Makes sense now.

that is my favorite as well. I have read it over a dozen times, and have two different copies of it.

CPUd
11-11-2016, 08:39 PM
That must have been before The Art of the Deal. That is now his 2nd favorite book. His favorite book is now the Holy Bible.

staerker
11-11-2016, 08:47 PM
That must have been before The Art of the Deal. That is now his 2nd favorite book. His favorite book is now the Holy Bible.

I actually read part of The Art of the Deal today. Chapter 2 outlines word for word how he ran his campaign (and won.)

staerker
11-11-2016, 08:50 PM
It was very uncanny, and all I could do was laugh.

jonhowe
11-11-2016, 09:41 PM
It has been mentioned on Fox he's on the short list.

They should pick someone who's not already HATED by the left. Give them less ammo to jam things up with.

CPUd
11-11-2016, 10:03 PM
I actually read part of The Art of the Deal today. Chapter 2 outlines word for word how he ran his campaign (and won.)

Yes, it was pointed out on here many times over the campaign.

randomname
11-11-2016, 11:30 PM

Spikender
11-11-2016, 11:40 PM
I hope that's BS. Rudy, Newt, and Christie. I know they "helped" but they should have no hand in transitioning anywhere except back to their home states to wallow in muck.

eleganz
11-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Pence is now in charge, but Christie didn't get demoted for being a neocon, establishment, or bridge gate. Christie played a crucial role in convicting Charles Kushner (father of Jared Kusher, husband of Ivanka Trump).

Doesn't matter, glad Christie is out. Trump is listening to his family over the establishment, its a change thats for sure.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pence-to-lead-trumps-transition-team-as-christie-demoted-2016-11-11

Christie was removed as transition chairman on Friday, a position that will now be filled by Vice President-elect Mike Pence, the transition team confirmed. Christie will remain on the transition team’s executive committee as a vice chairman, along with Ben Carson, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Sessions.

The most drastic change on staff was the elevation of Rick Dearborn, the staff chief of Sessions’ Washington office, into the role of transition director. The move sidelined Rich Bagger, a top ally of Christie’s who held that role for the last several months. Bagger couldn’t be reached for comment.

alucard13mm
11-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Still need to get rid of Rudy and Session.. or make sure their impact is small ;s

Champ
11-12-2016, 12:56 AM
It would feel slightly more hopeful if Christie and Guiliani faded away back into the shadows. For now, they remain. Having most of his family on board means at a minimum, he is pretty concerned about making decisions in the interest of self preservation and possibly even more concerned about avoiding infiltration from undesirables.

On the other hand, this guy is so unpredictable, there is almost no point in guessing what he is thinking or what his rationale is. The opposite of Ron Paul, who has no superior in rationale. I should probably self terminate this post as it's meaningless.

Matt Collins
11-12-2016, 12:59 AM
The speculation is that he will be Attorney General or something of similar magnitude which is why he is not in charge of the transition any longer.

milgram
11-12-2016, 01:18 AM
I remain paranoid about Pence and his bad foreign policy. We saw how Cheney took over W's administration. There's enormous pressure to give the MIC what it wants.

Also Christie just can't catch a break. Did you guys see the story about how Trump wanted Christie as VP, but was tricked by his staff into giving it to Pence?

http://nypost.com/2016/10/30/trump-offered-christie-his-vp-slot-then-rescinded-it/

After Trump tentatively decided on Christie, Manafort told Trump his plane had a mechanical problem, campaign sources said, forcing Trump to spend another night in the Hoosier State. Pence then made his case to be Trump’s No. 2 over dinner as Trump’s advisers argued that Christie’s Bridgegate troubles would sink the campaign.

Trump agreed to name Pence the next day and broke the news to Christie, saying it would “tear my family apart if I gave you VP,” a source said.

anaconda
11-12-2016, 01:29 AM
Still need to get rid of Rudy and Session.. or make sure their impact is small ;s

I don't foresee Rudy going after the real 9/11 perpetrators anytime soon.

CPUd
11-12-2016, 01:45 AM
I remain paranoid about Pence and his bad foreign policy. We saw how Cheney took over W's administration. There's enormous pressure to give the MIC what it wants.

Also Christie just can't catch a break. Did you guys see the story about how Trump wanted Christie as VP, but was tricked by his staff into giving it to Pence?

http://nypost.com/2016/10/30/trump-offered-christie-his-vp-slot-then-rescinded-it/

Christie tried to lock up Jared's dad, that's why he and Ivanka were against Christie for VP.

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2016, 03:23 AM
They should pick someone who's not already HATED by the left. Give them less ammo to jam things up with.

It's the left. They're capable of hating anyone a burning passion 5 seconds after being introduced to them.

enhanced_deficit
11-12-2016, 03:28 AM
No big deal.
Pence has never been seen looking happy in a photo with disgraced (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?433586-Majority-of-Americans-now-believe-Obama-is-quot-dishonest-and-untrustworthy) DGP.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/OnlyObvious/Gophers/obama-hugs-christie_zps918ebbae.png

vita3
11-12-2016, 04:39 AM
Not a bad move, Christie is toxic

jonhowe
11-12-2016, 09:59 AM
It's the left. They're capable of hating anyone a burning passion 5 seconds after being introduced to them.

Well yeah, that's a given. I just mean give them someone with less publicly known scandals that will immediately resonate with the masses.

Zippyjuan
11-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Christie is still on the transition committee- just no longer in charge of it.