PDA

View Full Version : "The uneducated Republican or uneducated Trump voter."

RJB
11-11-2016, 05:59 AM
Just a random thought. First a college degree doesn't make someone wiser in the ways of the world. I had to relearn some basics after graduating.

My main point however is that I notice that the hard working, blue collar Democrat is usually above reproach. You can't defame the working man.

However, when he votes Republican he suddenly becomes an angry uneducated white man. It reminds me of how blacks are demeaned as Uncle Toms.

In other words it strikes me as wrong how they turn on their sacred cows when they go for greener pastures.

In retrospect, I also note, that Hillary pretty ignored the blue collar worker in this election- the usual bread and butter for Democrats. Is that party ditching the working man in favor of LGBTQs, illegals and other groups?

otherone
11-11-2016, 06:03 AM
Just a random thought. First a college degree doesn't make someone wiser in the ways of the world. I had to relearn some basics after graduating.

My main point however is that I notice that the hard working, blue collar Democrat is usually above reproach. You can't defame the working man.

However, when he votes Republican he suddenly becomes an angry uneducated white man. It reminds me of how blacks are demeaned as Uncle Toms.

In other words it strikes me as wrong how they turn on their sacred cows when they go for greener pastures.

In retrospect, I also note, that Hillary pretty ignored the blue collar worker in this election- the usual bread and butter for Democrats. Is that party ditching the working man in favor of LGBTQs, illegals and other groups?

YES
Hillary Clinton =George McGovern

RJB
11-11-2016, 07:39 AM
Here's an article that has a similar POV:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/11/mike-rowe-election-was-a-dirty-job

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/14993317_1330853343591472_1860889596961288384_n.jp g?oh=d8afc74f25373e4aa33891be7a449837&oe=58C1AF77

Former "Dirty Jobs" host Mike Rowe says that Donald Trump is president-elect for the same reason that his show was a huge success: both Mr. Trump and "Dirty Jobs" paid attention to an America that feels ignored.

“Dirty Jobs didn’t resonate because the host was incredibly charming,” Rowe wrote in a lengthy Facebook post. “It wasn’t a hit because it was gross, or irreverent, or funny, or silly, or smart, or terribly clever. Dirty Jobs succeeded because it was authentic. It spoke directly and candidly to a big chunk of the country that non-fiction networks had been completely ignoring. In a very simple way, Dirty Jobs said ‘Hey - we can see you,’ to millions of regular people who had started to feel invisible. Ultimately, that’s why Dirty Jobs ran for eight seasons. And today, that’s also why Donald Trump is the President of the United States.”

He went on to explain that he is saddened to see so many of these forgotten, hardworking Americans who supported Donald Trump be labeled as racists, xenophobes, or “uneducated misogynists.”

These two candidates were the choices we gave ourselves, and each came with a heaping helping of vulgarity and impropriety. Yeah, it was dirty job for sure, but the winner was NOT decided by a racist and craven nation – it was decided by millions of disgusted Americans desperate for real change. The people did not want a politician. The people wanted to be seen. Donald Trump convinced those people that he could see them. Hillary Clinton did not.

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/11/mike-rowe-election-was-a-dirty-job#sthash.pJQSW46E.dpuf

gaazn
11-11-2016, 09:49 AM

The big funny irony is that Tim Kaine (and his incompetent successors) had a direct hand in her loss. Howard Dean was the wizard leader of DNC who identified and funded Democrat campaigns in all nooks all across the country where no one thought they could win. After Dean left, the DNC decline by believing that demographics itself would relegate the GOP to minor party status forever. But guess what, he's back and running to lead the DNC once again.

Sola_Fide
11-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Whenever you hear the buzzword "change" today, it always means some government action. Average americans are hopelessly lost in statism.

RJB
11-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Whenever you hear the buzzword "change" today, it always means some government action. Average americans are hopelessly lost in statism.

That may be true in general, but how does that relate to the thread. The change I was addressing is the way Democrats refer to their traditional constituency.