AuH20
11-10-2016, 03:21 PM
That's an act of war to the TPTB.

alucard13mm
11-10-2016, 03:23 PM
If only it was legally binding lol.

undergroundrr
11-10-2016, 03:52 PM
This looks like one massive spending plan. I see two points in the above that would reduce spending, and those wouldn't impact it much. And then I see a bunch of expensive programs for which he'll "increase funding," "fund," "fully fund," etc. etc. etc.

This is the work of a big government Republican. aka Liberal.

UWDude
11-10-2016, 04:24 PM
This looks like one massive spending plan. I see two points in the above that would reduce spending, and those wouldn't impact it much. And then I see a bunch of expensive programs for which he'll "increase funding," "fund," "fully fund," etc. etc. etc.

This is the work of a big government Republican. aka Liberal.

Oh, you mean like freeze on government hiring?

harikaried
11-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Looks like if Trump wants the constitutional amendment for term limits, he'll have to work around McConnell's opposition.

http://wuky.org/post/mcconnell-reads-tea-leaves-trump-nato-term-limits

undergroundrr
11-10-2016, 04:33 PM
UWDude Yes, that's one. Can you find the other?

UWDude
11-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Looks like if Trump wants the constitutional amendment for term limits, he'll have to work around McConnell's opposition.

http://wuky.org/post/mcconnell-reads-tea-leaves-trump-nato-term-limits

Oh no! A politician! How will Trump handle him? I guess we can forget the term limits amendment, even though it will have mass popular appeal.

UWDude
11-10-2016, 04:35 PM
UWDude Yes, that's one. Can you find the other?

Oh, you mean like making childcare and elderly care tax deductible?

undergroundrr
11-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Oh, you mean like making childcare and elderly care tax deductible?

That doesn't reduce government spending. Try again.

UWDude
11-10-2016, 04:38 PM
That doesn't reduce government spending. Try again.

You said he was "a big government republican."

try again.

staerker
11-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Source: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/contract/

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/shares/end_corruption_contract_FB_1200x1200_103116.jpg

Mordan
11-10-2016, 04:41 PM
He is a big spender.. so what? do you think Defaulting would be better?

Honestly, there are no other ways. default or spend and inflate. This was discussed to death.

Mordan
11-10-2016, 04:42 PM
let's see the positive. he is engaging the voters with a contract!!! For god sake!!! a good change.

undergroundrr
11-10-2016, 04:56 PM
You said he was "a big government republican."

try again.

I was referring to defunding sanctuary cities. Sorry you can't read well enough to grok your own candidate's scripture.

As for spending:
Rounding up and removing 2 million illegal immigrants.
The "Eldercare Act."
Border wall construction.
New police training programs, increasing police "resources."
Expanding military "investment."
Expanding VA treatment options including compensating private providers.
Establishing "new screening procedures," aka building a massively anti-liberty and expensive biometric tracking infrastructure.
Federal imprisonment for returning deportees.

These are all things that are specifically detailed in this "Let's Get Started" document. Can't wait to see what will get started on day 101.

UWDude
11-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Sorry you can't read well enough to grok your own candidate's scripture.

I can read it, so can everybody else. They can also read your stupid comment that this looks like a "big government contract".

I'll just let the contract stand as it is.
I'm done pointing out your blatant intellectual insincerity.

undergroundrr
11-10-2016, 05:10 PM
I can read it, so can everybody else. They can also read your stupid comment that this looks like a "big government contract".

I'll just let the contract stand as it is.
I'm done pointing out your blatant intellectual insincerity.

Which of the following are not big government programs?

The "Eldercare Act."
Establishing "new screening procedures," aka building a massively anti-liberty and expensive biometric tracking infrastructure.

harikaried
11-10-2016, 05:12 PM
This isn't in the contract document, but NYTimes collected from various interviews before the national convention:

And by the end of his first 100 days as the nation’s 45th leader, ... the audit of the Federal Reserve would be underway...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html

Unclear if Auditing the Fed wasn't "popular" or "simple" enough to make it into contract or if something has changed to put it on the back burner.

UWDude
11-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Which of the following are not big government programs?

The "Eldercare Act."

Like I said, people can read the contract themselves, and see if it feels like "big government republican" I don't care to debate you anymore. You are clealry intellectually dishonest, so trying to have any kind of constructive discourse with you is pointless.

undergroundrr
11-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Unclear if Auditing the Fed wasn't "popular" or "simple" enough to make it into contract or if something has changed to put it on the back burner.

There's no way he can do all the things on that contract without the Fed.

undergroundrr
11-10-2016, 05:15 PM
feels

Am I supposed to feel what's on that page or read it?

asurfaholic
11-10-2016, 05:21 PM
Meh mandatory minimum sentencing for non violent crimes. Heard this before. Seems like there's always people getting tied up in massive prison sentences who never hurt a person. Gee I wonder if more mandatory prison terms will solve this problem.

China a currency manipulator? Starting a economic war?

Gosh there's a lot there I don't like. A couple that sound pretty good, I'll be waiting to see if the good things materialize. A lot of this depends on congress doing their jobs too. Ever see the picture of the guy who waited his whole life to see THAT happen?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/643/028/442.jpg

We'll see. Not gonna hold my breath tho.

undergroundrr
11-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Meh mandatory minimum sentencing for non violent crimes. Heard this before. Seems like there's always people getting tied up in massive prison sentences who never hurt a person. Gee I wonder if more mandatory prison terms will solve this problem.

Good point. Another big spending program. I'll add that to the list.

angelatc
11-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Oh, you mean like freeze on government hiring?

Ending the defense sequester, for one.

oyarde
11-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Ending the defense sequester, for one.

I have been thinking all along that is coming .

Spikender
11-11-2016, 01:45 AM
Let's renegotiate this contract to get a better deal.

Sorry, Don, we've read your book now. We know what's up.

A. Havnes
11-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Maybe he'll also do prison reform to include wall duty.

http://gameofthronestheories.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/wall-game-of-thrones.jpg

otherone
11-11-2016, 08:59 AM
yah.
I ain't signin' shit.

georgiaboy
11-25-2016, 09:58 AM
Transcript from this recent statement from PEOTUS aired Nov. 21, video here: https://www.c-span.org/video/?418955-1/presidentelect-donald-trump-lays-first-100-days

I WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WITH AN UPDATE ON THE WHITE HOUSE TRANSITION AND OUR POLICY PLANS FOR THE FIRST 100 DAYS.

OUR TRANSITION TEAM IS WORKING VERY SMOOTHLY, EFFICIENTLY, AND EFFECTIVELY, TRULY GREAT AND TALENTED MEN AND WOMEN, PATRIOTS INDEED, ARE BEING BROUGHT IN AND MANY WILL SOON BE A PART OF OUR GOVERNMENT. HELPING US TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

MY AGENDA WILL BE BASED ON A SIMPLE CORE PRINCIPLE, PUTTING AMERICA FIRST. WHETHER IT IS PRODUCING STEEL, BUILDING CARS, OR CURING DISEASE, I WANT THE NEXT GENERATION OF PRODUCTION AND INNOVATION TO HAPPEN RIGHT HERE ON OUR GREAT HOMELAND, AMERICA. CREATING WEALTH AND JOBS FOR AMERICAN WORKERS. AS PART OF THIS PLAN, I HAVE ASKED MY TRANSITION TEAM TO DEVELOP A LIST OF EXECUTIVE ACTIONS WE CAN TAKE ON DAY ONE TO RESTORE OUR LAWS AND BRING BACK OUR JOBS. THESE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING.

ON TRADE, I AM GOING TO ISSUE A NOTIFICATION OF INTENT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP. A POTENTIAL DISASTER FOR COUNTRY. INSTEAD, WE WILL NEGOTIATE FAIR, BILATERAL TRADE DEALS THAT BRING JOBS AND INDUSTRY BACK ONTO AMERICAN SHORES.

ON ENERGY, I WILL CANCEL JOB KILLING RESTRICTIONS ON THE PRODUCTION OF AMERICAN ENERGY INCLUDING SHALE ENERGY AND CLEAN COAL, CREATING MANY MILLIONS OF HIGH-PAYING JOBS. THAT IS WHAT WE WANT, THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.

ON REGULATION, I WILL FORMULATE A RULE THAT SAYS FOR EVERYONE NEW REGULATION, TWO OLD REGULATIONS MUST BE ELIMINATED. SO IMPORTANT.

ON NATIONAL SECURITY, I WILL ASK THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE AND THE CHAIRMAN OF THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF TO DEVELOP A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN TO PROTECT AMERICA'S VITAL INTERESTS -- INFRASTRUCTURE FROM CYBER ATTACKS AND ALL THE OTHER FORM OF ATTACKS.

ON IMMIGRATION, I WILL DIRECT THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR TO INVESTIGATE ALL ABUSES OF VISA PROGRAMS THAT UNDERCUT THE AMERICAN WORKER.

ON ETHICS REFORM, AS PART OF OUR PLAN TO DRAIN THE SWAMP, WE WILL IMPOSE A FIVE-YEAR BAN ON EXECUTIVE OFFICIALS BECOMING LOBBYISTS AFTER THEY LEAVE THE ADMINISTRATION AND A LIFETIME BAN ON EXECUTIVE OFFICIALS LOBBYING ON BEHALF OF A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT.

THESE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE STEPS WE WILL TAKE TO REFORM WASHINGTON AND REBUILD OUR MIDDLE CLASS. I WILL PROVIDE MORE UPDATES IN THE COMING DAYS AS WE WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN FOR EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE.

Pretty wimpy stuff for an initial "first 100 days" speech, for what can be specifically gleaned, as well as for what's glaringly missing. The trade, regulation, and national security items are worded such that I can see plenty of room for government growth. The immigration and ethics items are surprisingly puny. The energy item I like.

Yawning, but it's still early.

ConcernedAmerican
11-25-2016, 10:00 AM
128K chess. Nay-sayers can't comprehend. :rolleyes: