PDA

View Full Version : AP writes long article about Iowa Forum without mentioning Ron Paul

Zydeco
06-30-2007, 07:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070630/ap_on_el_pr/republicans_conservatives

Again, Orwellian in the purest meaning of the word.

Favorite line:

Loudest cheers of the day went conservative Rep Tom Tancredo, who railed against illegal immigration.

I think there were other, louder cheers.

Author of the article is Mike Glover. Last time I checked, AP doesn't reveal authors' e-mail addresses. They don't even want to hear from us.

LibertyEagle
06-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Oh man, I hope the attendees of this Forum, went across the hall and listened to Ron too.

yongrel
06-30-2007, 07:31 PM
i am getting soooo tired of these "Ministry of Truth" shenanigans.

Wyurm
06-30-2007, 07:32 PM
O.K. first I got mad, then I got the creeps from that article. Not because there was no mention of Ron, but because of that lady worried about whether or not Romney would use the book of Mormon or the Bible to lead the country.

Whatever happened to that novel archaic idea of seperation of church and state?

ecliptic
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
We'll win without any help from the mainstream media. They will never help us and we need to begin to wage a war on the liars and paid-off mouthpieces for the establishment.
We must not only promote a total boycott of all mainstream media, but use the examples such as this against them to prove to the average citizen how bad they really are... Use their omissions to demonstrate that they are simply State Propaganda, nothing more.

angrydragon
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Email letters sent to info@ap.org will be forwarded to reporters and editors the are addressing.

Who owns The Associated Press?
The Associated Press is a not-for-profit cooperative, which means it is owned by its 1,500 U.S. daily newspaper members. They elect a board of directors that directs the cooperative.

http://www.ap.org/pages/about/faq.html

http://www.ap.org/pages/about/board.html

rich34
06-30-2007, 07:35 PM
The media will continue to blacklist Ron Paul until he can show he can raise the money to combat these THUGS!

But the bad thing is even if Dr. Paul raised 10 million I'm still not sure the gatekeepers would allow Dr. Paul's message to be heard.

Bradley in DC
06-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Email letters sent to info@ap.org will be forwarded to reporters and editors the are addressing.

Again, let's try to follow the good doctor's example and win them over with kindness, please.

angrydragon
06-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Yea I agree Bradley.

ecliptic
06-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Again, let's try to follow the good doctor's example and win them over with kindness, please.

Kindness is good. Kindness works. Win 'em over with kindness, respect, and intelligent writing. Be the activist. See the presidency of the Paul.

HOWTO flyer distribution & DOOR 2 DOOR The Anti-Dean Way (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4280)

literatim
06-30-2007, 09:48 PM
O.K. first I got mad, then I got the creeps from that article. Not because there was no mention of Ron, but because of that lady worried about whether or not Romney would use the book of Mormon or the Bible to lead the country.

You do realize that the 'idea of separation of church and state' is not in the Constitution?

walt
06-30-2007, 09:56 PM
It could be as simple as the campaign not calling the outlets and telling them properly. With the amount of time to organize, this is completely possible. PR is not as easy as it looks folks.

beermotor
07-01-2007, 06:04 AM
Kindness is good. Kindness works. Win 'em over with kindness, respect, and intelligent writing. Be the activist. See the presidency of the Paul.

HOWTO flyer distribution & DOOR 2 DOOR The Anti-Dean Way (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4280)

I'm more of a viking. Putting an axe in somebody's head, and THEN talking, yields better retention. :D

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr

nayjevin
07-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Kindness works best until a writer has shown themselves to be of Zero journalistic integrity. At that point, shame and scathing works best, IMO. But it must be written at a level that they have no chance to dismiss you in their minds as kooky or 'middle-american' (they are largely coast biased). First, do better research than they did, and show them their inaccuracies. Then, tell them that their failure and abandonment of journalistic integrity is being widely disseminated online by the PowerHouse of the Ron Paul campaign.

smtwngrl
07-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Wyrum,

Frankly, I think the question they asked Romney is just a distraction from the real issue. A president in governing, should use the Constitution. If they don't do that, there will be tyranny, regardless of their religion or lack thereof!

If someone does follow the Constitution, their faith should not be a disadvantage.

Let's use something Dr. Paul said as an example. Remember in the last debate he said "We have abandoned the just war theory of Christianity", in talking about the new practice of our leaders to engage in pre-emptive war. As well as talking in a general way about pre-emptive war, he was reminding Christians who condone pre-emptive war that it wasn't compatible with their religion.

If Romney's faith really was something that influences him in political positions, hearing this should have really resounded with him. There is no place that principle is stated more strongly than in the Book of Mormon. In the Book of Mormon, there is a recurring theme of the Lamanites attacking the Nephites. The Nephites were blessed in defending themselves on two conditions: that they were righteous, and that they did not attack first.

Mitt Romney would continue Bush's policy of pre-emptive war, and wouldn't even eliminate the possibility of a pre-emptive nuclear strike. This suggests he is too little influenced by his religion, and not too much.

Bradley in DC
07-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Kindness works best until a writer has shown themselves to be of Zero journalistic integrity. At that point, shame and scathing works best, IMO. But it must be written at a level that they have no chance to dismiss you in their minds as kooky or 'middle-american' (they are largely coast biased). First, do better research than they did, and show them their inaccuracies. Then, tell them that their failure and abandonment of journalistic integrity is being widely disseminated online by the PowerHouse of the Ron Paul campaign.

Please, again, no "angry emails" that Dr. Paul wouldn't approve and undermine the rest of us.

sunny
07-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Please, again, no "angry emails" that Dr. Paul wouldn't approve and undermine the rest of us.

agreed - just think about it - would dr. paul approve of your letter? maybe look at it that way.

nayjevin
07-01-2007, 08:41 AM

(attempt at) EXHAUSTIVE APPROACH TO EMAILS/ PHONE CALLS TO AUTHORS/REPORTERS (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5095)