PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Camp Wanted Trump

AuH20
11-10-2016, 12:13 PM
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428

When Bill finally realized that the joke was over:

So too did Bill Clinton, who — increasingly the subject of Trump’s barbs at the time — was growing worried about his unpredictability. Personal friends told the candidate she should start preparing for an ugly fight against Trump, who in late December had just pushed her into a rare moment of public introspection as she spoke with a 10-year-old girl about bullying in Keota, Iowa, the afternoon after Trump said Clinton “got schlonged” in 2008.

Tywysog Cymru
11-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Any other GOP candidate would have won with the popular vote and by a large margin.

AuH20
11-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Any other GOP candidate would have won with the popular vote and by a large margin.

Michigan and Pennsylvania? Doubtful. An America First platform was the only chance to turn those states red.

Tywysog Cymru
11-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Michigan and Pennsylvania? Doubtful. An America First platform was the only chance to turn those states red.

Hillary Clinton isn't a competent Democrat, though. Biden, Sanders, or even Al Gore would have done better.

CPUd
11-10-2016, 12:44 PM

Those states didn't get turned red, they failed to stay blue.

AuH20
11-10-2016, 12:49 PM

Those were not swing states. The last time Michigan or Pennsylvania went red was 1988.

Indy Vidual
11-10-2016, 12:53 PM
“Just like everybody, I thought this was a Bush against a Clinton, that’s all it was going to be,” said former Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle. “When I saw the first set of debates, I would turn them on in an entertainment mode to see what Donald’s going to say today. It was funny."

AuH20
11-10-2016, 01:08 PM
BTW I forgot about Wisconsin. Trump turned it Red for the first time since 1984. I think Rand would have had a chance at Wisconsin. Maybe even the cucks could have won it too. Rand would have had no chance in Michigan or Pennsylvania. He doesn't speak blue-collar well enough, especially when he ran such a safe campaign.

AuH20
11-10-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm glad Rand and DJT have reconciled. But was Rand wrong or what? Trump's boldness beat Rand's 'playing it safe' strategy.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/263861-rand-paul-trump-will-be-wiped-out-polls-arent-accurate

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul (Ky.) on Sunday said it’s “deeply disturbing” that Donald Trump is still the race’s front-runner and predicted his rival would be “wiped out in a general election.”

misterx
11-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Obviously Rand was wrong to go against his father's style. He's a better speaker than his father, and much younger, more name recognition than his father had, had a legacy already created for him, and yet he couldn't even come close to his father's numbers in the primary.

Ender
11-10-2016, 01:21 PM
BTW I forgot about Wisconsin. Trump turned it Red for the first time since 1984. I think Rand would have had a chance at Wisconsin. Maybe even the cucks could have won it too. Rand would have had no chance in Michigan or Pennsylvania. He doesn't speak blue-collar well enough, especially when he ran such a safe campaign.

Wisconsin was won by 1% of the vote- Pennsylvania by 1.03%.

Michigan has still not been called. Trump looks to be presently ahead by .03% ...........not exactly turning it red.

AuH20
11-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Obviously Rand was wrong to go against his father's style. He's a better speaker than his father, and much younger, more name recognition than his father had, had a legacy already created for him, and yet he couldn't even come close to his father's numbers in the primary.

As soon as Trump publicly discredited the Media, he was halfway home.

Tywysog Cymru
11-10-2016, 01:30 PM

Rand would have easily won all those states. Rand Paul doesn't evoke fear in people like Donald Trump does. You would have seen a lot more Democrats willing to stay home or vote third party at the very least, or maybe even vote for Rand. Less Republicans and Republican-leaning people would have voted third party.

misterx
11-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Wisconsin was won by 1% of the vote- Pennsylvania by 1.03%.

Michigan has still not been called. Trump looks to be presently ahead by .03% ...........not exactly turning it red.

Then what color is it, it's sure as hell not blue. On the final map there are only two colors, red and blue.

UWDude
11-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Rand would have easily won all those states. Rand Paul doesn't evoke fear in people like Donald Trump does. You would have seen a lot more Democrats willing to stay home or vote third party at the very least, or maybe even vote for Rand. Less Republicans and Republican-leaning people would have voted third party.

rand would have been painted as a racist and sexist and bigoted. He would have still got the Trump treatment. One wrong remark, and it would have been blown out of proportion. A hypothetical Rand run has to take in consideration the incredible evil of the media. He's ok in Kentucky, but New York and California would eat him alive. He is simply too meek. He needs to speak up more forcefully and own what he says. I remember him saying America should repeal the 14th amendment. Media made him sweat.

CaptUSA
11-10-2016, 02:07 PM
"Tell you what, Bill. You help me win the GOP primary and I'll help her become President!"

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/donald-hillary-800.jpg

(Melania - Ha, Americans aren't that stupid, Donald)

Pizzo
11-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Well, they got him.

Tywysog Cymru
11-10-2016, 03:27 PM
rand would have been painted as a racist and sexist and bigoted. He would have still got the Trump treatment. One wrong remark, and it would have been blown out of proportion. A hypothetical Rand run has to take in consideration the incredible evil of the media. He's ok in Kentucky, but New York and California would eat him alive. He is simply too meek. He needs to speak up more forcefully and own what he says. I remember him saying America should repeal the 14th amendment. Media made him sweat.

A lot of Democrats I know said they would vote for Rand Paul. He'd destroy Hillary in the debates. Hillary is a weak candidate and all the media support was unable to save her against a man who called Mexicans rapists, insulted the family of a deceased vet, and generally made a fool of himself. Do you think Rand Paul is an idiot?

KEEF
11-10-2016, 03:32 PM
A lot of Democrats I know said they would vote for Rand Paul. He'd destroy Hillary in the debates. Hillary is a weak candidate and all the media support was unable to save her against a man who called Mexicans rapists, insulted the family of a deceased vet, and generally made a fool of himself. Do you think Rand Paul is an idiot?
This

AuH20
11-10-2016, 03:35 PM

YES!

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/09/trump_racial_rhetoric_libertar.html

The figure whose ideas unify Pauline libertarians and today's Trumpists is the late Murray Rothbard, an economist who co-founded the Cato Institute and is widely regarded as the creator of libertarianism. Nowadays, many libertarians like to portray their ideology as one that somehow transcends the left-right divide, but to Rothbard, this was nonsense. Libertarianism, he argued, was nothing more than a restatement of the beliefs of the "Old Right," which resolutely opposed the New Deal and any sort of foreign intervention in the early 20th century. Many of its adherents, such as essayist H.L. Mencken, espoused racist viewpoints, as well.

Dr.3D
11-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Strange how the map still shows Michigan, New Hampshire and Arizona as undecided.
http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

AuH20
11-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Strange how the map still shows Michigan, New Hampshire and Arizona as undecided.
http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

I think they are still combing through absentee ballots.

Tywysog Cymru
11-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Also, "one wrong remark"

Trump beat her despite making a wrong remark seemingly every week.

UWDude
11-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Also, "one wrong remark"

Trump beat her despite making a wrong remark seemingly every week.

In Kentucky.

oyarde
11-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Hillary Clinton isn't a competent Democrat, though. Biden, Sanders, or even Al Gore would have done better.

I think Biden , Kerry , Gore about the same , Sanders , Webb , much better I am sure .

oyarde
11-10-2016, 04:09 PM

Once we let California secede the popular vote should never be lost .

hells_unicorn
11-10-2016, 04:22 PM

Right, just like water isn't wet, it just fails to be dry. :D

P.S. - Speaking as somebody who actually lives in Pennsylvania, I can tell you that this state has definitely become more red, particularly outside of Philadelphia. Registration to the Republican Party is up here, and despite some really bad campaign decisions, Pat Toomey was re-elected in a state that has allegedly trended Democrat for more than 2 decades on an election that was not a mid-term, ergo when democrats are supposed to actually turn out.

jmdrake
11-10-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm glad Rand and DJT have reconciled. But was Rand wrong or what? Trump's boldness beat Rand's 'playing it safe' strategy.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/263861-rand-paul-trump-will-be-wiped-out-polls-arent-accurate

The nation's two most unpopular candidates ever squared off against each other and the last month of Wikileaks dumps and Wiener emails did Hillary end. Don't kid yourself. With any other candidate those leaks would have killed Hilary as well. Yes Trump's anti NAFTA message was helpful. Rand is anti NAFTA also.

Tywysog Cymru
11-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Once we let California secede the popular vote should never be lost .

Do you think that will actually happen?

oyarde
11-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Do you think that will actually happen?

What can I do to help those people :) ?

eleganz
11-10-2016, 05:32 PM

Oh god here we go again.

Obviously every Rand did was right now that we know just how much top echelon democratic strategists thought of him. He went against Trump, which was a media vacuum, can't blame Rand for that. He wasn't wrong to go against his father's style, whatever style that was. He had his own game plan and was polling well until Trump got in the race.

Don't be a newb to all of this, Ron got his numbers because he inherited being one of the last candidates to not receive his/her turn in the spotlight.

When will you guys ever learn.

eleganz
11-10-2016, 05:36 PM

Lol do you actually think you're saying anything new on RPF?

All this has been said millions of times, you ain't Éspecial ok.

The leaked emails already says a lot about whether or not Rand would've been a good general election candidate. Chris Matthews put his name on the line and predicted Rand would win the nomination long before anybody wanted to.

Ender
11-10-2016, 06:08 PM
Then what color is it, it's sure as hell not blue. On the final map there are only two colors, red and blue.

The Fox election site is now down- Google's is still up showing Michigan and Arizona as light pink- New Hampshire as light blue. These states have not seemed to call a winner yet, although leaning towards the final color.

Interesting- Maine is purple as both candidates got an Electoral vote: Clinton won 3 electoral votes, Trump won 1

AuH20
11-10-2016, 06:14 PM
8 million votes have not been tabulated. Outside chance Trump wins the popular vote.

Tywysog Cymru
11-10-2016, 06:51 PM

Donate to Yes California.

oyarde
11-10-2016, 06:56 PM
The Fox election site is now down- Google's is still up showing Michigan and Arizona as light pink- New Hampshire as light blue. These states have not seemed to call a winner yet, although leaning towards the final color.

Interesting- Maine is purple as both candidates got an Electoral vote: Clinton won 3 electoral votes, Trump won 1
Yeah , I think they & Neb are the only ones that split them .

gaazn
11-10-2016, 06:57 PM
What was up with Hillary trying so hard to win North Carolina? Seems like a waste of time

misterx
11-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Oh god here we go again.

Obviously every Rand did was right now that we know just how much top echelon democratic strategists thought of him. He went against Trump, which was a media vacuum, can't blame Rand for that. He wasn't wrong to go against his father's style, whatever style that was. He had his own game plan and was polling well until Trump got in the race.

Don't be a newb to all of this, Ron got his numbers because he inherited being one of the last candidates to not receive his/her turn in the spotlight.

When will you guys ever learn.

His/her turn in the spotlight? It doesn't work like that. Take off the tinfoil hat. Ron's uncompromising, principled style, refusing to pander, is what got him there. I know a lot of people who got sick and tired of hearing Rand pander to the black community. It was a huge turnoff.

eleganz
11-10-2016, 08:47 PM
His/her turn in the spotlight? It doesn't work like that. Take off the tinfoil hat. Ron's uncompromising, principled style, refusing to pander, is what got him there. I know a lot of people who got sick and tired of hearing Rand pander to the black community. It was a huge turnoff.

Lol no. You really have a short memory or have blinders on if you're refusing to accept this.

Ron was deflating and his support was being funneled to Santorum right after Ron inherited the wave of support from Newt and so on and so forth with all of the other candidates who spiked for a period of time and went back down. Voters were flirting with the idea of being with each candidate as the news cycle went on.

Is there really any surprise that Romney, Santorum, Ron and Newt were the top four vote getters?

We were and always will be the small tireless minority. Dude get out of the libertarian bubble, its dangerous as hell in there. And you have no idea how electoral politics work. Sorry but its true.

CPUd
11-10-2016, 08:51 PM

Start an earthquake

misterx
11-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Lol no. You really have a short memory or have blinders on if you're refusing to accept this.

Ron was deflating and his support was being funneled to Santorum right after Ron inherited the wave of support from Newt and so on and so forth with all of the other candidates who spiked for a period of time and went back down. Voters were flirting with the idea of being with each candidate as the news cycle went on.

Is there really any surprise that Romney, Santorum, Ron and Newt were the top four vote getters?

We were and always will be the small tireless minority. Dude get out of the libertarian bubble, its dangerous as hell in there. And you have no idea how electoral politics work. Sorry but its true.

I'm not even a libertarian, and you're just seeing what you want to see. I'd wager I know more about how electoral politics works than you do.

eleganz
11-10-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm not even a libertarian, and you're just seeing what you want to see. I'd wager I know more about how electoral politics works than you do.

And yet you had no ability to refute anything I just said?

Any RPF'er understands the rise and fall of each candidate in these horse races, Ron was not the first and he was not the last and that is why he didn't win Iowa. He had the chance to outright win the straw poll had it taken place roughly 1-2 weeks earlier and it wasn't because he was the Constitutional champion who never backed down and all of the other great reasons why we like him.

misterx
11-10-2016, 09:58 PM
And yet you had no ability to refute anything I just said?

Any RPF'er understands the rise and fall of each candidate in these horse races, Ron was not the first and he was not the last and that is why he didn't win Iowa. He had the chance to outright win the straw poll had it taken place roughly 1-2 weeks earlier and it wasn't because he was the Constitutional champion who never backed down and all of the other great reasons why we like him.

It's kind of impossible to refute superstition.

enhanced_deficit
11-10-2016, 10:46 PM
https://cdn.boldomatic.com/content/productmockup?mockup=B-TPPR-PST16-N-m2&key=post-pdfs/HJizXg-a13f3735b5fce6c46c12802f6771aa5b1a3ba8009fce771496 5bfd0aa1ed3d09.pdf&width=300&format=jpg&quality=95&design=original&color=white

axiomata
11-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Wikileaks showed that Democrats wanted Trump as a "pied-piper" candidate. It's almost like they didn't read the story (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin).

The pied piper (Trump) was a rat-catcher hired by the town (Democrats) to lure rats ("extreme" Republicans) away with his magic pipe. When the citizens refuse to pay for this service, he retaliates by using his instrument's magical power on their children (plurality of the electorate), leading them away as he had the rats.

LibertyEagle
11-11-2016, 01:16 AM
"Tell you what, Bill. You help me win the GOP primary and I'll help her become President!"

Guess you were wrong, eh Cap.

eleganz
11-11-2016, 03:49 AM
It's kind of impossible to refute superstition.

You get one more chance.

I've been giving examples, where are yours? Nowhere to be found, apparently.

I've run physical phone banks calling into major targeted states during 12', I'd think that I have an idea of what was going on.

Lastly, you're living in the Ron Paul bubble which means you're living in the libertarian bubble. I really don't care if you classify yourself as libertarian or not, you only see the world through Ron-colored glasses. The man is great but the reality is that a large portion of the Republican party was not that into him, he was as fluid as any other candidate in that race.

Weston White
11-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Boom! They wanted him, they got him:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/11/16/3A469C9900000578-0-image-a-20_1478882880392.jpg

euphemia
11-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Ron Paul is one of the best debaters of the modern era. He and Rand take a looooong time getting to the point. That's the problem in a television age. News relies on the sound bite, and while there are some with the Pauls, they require a lot of set up. If Rand could learn to debate like his dad and be concise, he would be a lot more palatable to a wide audience.

misterx
11-11-2016, 05:26 PM
You get one more chance.

I've been giving examples, where are yours? Nowhere to be found, apparently.

I've run physical phone banks calling into major targeted states during 12', I'd think that I have an idea of what was going on.

Lastly, you're living in the Ron Paul bubble which means you're living in the libertarian bubble. I really don't care if you classify yourself as libertarian or not, you only see the world through Ron-colored glasses. The man is great but the reality is that a large portion of the Republican party was not that into him, he was as fluid as any other candidate in that race.

You have no idea what I see. You really think everyone on this forum stays locked in their mom's basement reading libertarian stuff all day? What do phone banks have to do with their strategy differences? You can't deny that Rand never polled as high as his father. If everyone gets their turn at the top, why did Rand never get his?