PDA

View Full Version : It's clicking

Lindsey
11-10-2016, 07:34 AM
I post small government messages on Facebook fairly frequently. Most of the time I get a one or two likes, but my small government posts by and large are ignored. Today though, I posted a picture and It's racking up likes, comments and shares. Apparently this week, some people can see the benefits of keeping government small. How can we capitalize on this moment?

http://www.msrecycle.com/Uploads/small%20govt%20.jpg

newbitech
11-10-2016, 07:44 AM
thanks for this! sage advice.

RJB
11-10-2016, 10:18 AM
I shared and it was shared by others. Thanks.

The Northbreather
11-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Yep

Spikender
11-10-2016, 10:39 AM
There is a lot of energy in voters now that Clinton has been dealt the Electoral Coup de Grāce, I think seizing on this opportunity to make sure we step into the next four years with an educated populace who understands or wants to learn more about the benefits of small government is a must if we're going to keep the liberty movement alive.

Thanks for your work. +rep

CPUd
11-11-2016, 12:41 AM
Keep engaging them in the comments, they'll stay on the lookout when you post new stuff.

bunklocoempire
11-11-2016, 02:16 PM
I post small government messages on Facebook fairly frequently. Most of the time I get a one or two likes, but my small government posts by and large are ignored. Today though, I posted a picture and It's racking up likes, comments and shares. Apparently this week, some people can see the benefits of keeping government small. How can we capitalize on this moment?

http://www.msrecycle.com/Uploads/small%20govt%20.jpg

How can we capitalize? More pics with easy to understand captions/text, and specifically marketed. You're doing it! Thank you!:)

This is a battle of ideas, with some real physical results.

TLDR: It'd be cool to have an easily accessible and well categorized "good ideas in action" repository, that one could easily link their cool small gov meme to.

If this exists somewhere already, maybe someone could share a link?

How can we capitalize?
Tie the small gov real-life clickable example to a picture with informative, inspiring text?

What if we could EASILY reference, or show clear proof of work, a real life example, real people, to accompany the pic and text? -Click here for this idea's results- sort of thing.

Doing the right thing is it's own reward, and it almost seems that tooting ones own horn about it, isn't done. We clearly have to toot some horns and market the competing idea.

How many lives can be helped with real, voluntary, humanitarian help, and/or voluntary cooperation?

Who or what, gets the praise for successful humanitarian help? (clearly lay out what was done, WHY it was done, how it promotes mutually beneficial relationships, and why it is CLEARLY better than big gov aggression)

The WHY can be customized to compete (FRIENDLY competition) even more. Church group vs Rotary Club, etc. But all under the flag of voluntarism. The flag of voluntarism, because people do this already -they just need to be shown how cool it is, and how cool it is that they already do this sort of thing.:cool:

Main criteria- NO aggression allowed. Other criteria for this "Liberty idea bracket-bragging" could be categorizing the real-world examples by... many ways. "official" non-profits, stranger helping stranger, neighbor helping neighbor, non-affiliated group helping neighbor, etc.

People may be inclined to brag sometimes...:eek: If they brag about real life solutions, tis moar bettah!

"YouTube, or it didn't happen", offers a positive game of ideas and bragging rights.

Clear FAILS of government with links/proof of work, is a given, and would sell liberty ideas as well. People have been known to gawk at accidents...:)

An example of ideas in action and promoting the results:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIa9TfxNL18vlyLgts_qLYcfugTzDCtJI

Disjointed rambling? lol I mean well. Happy to brainstorm or answer questions.
Think of a meme as a team/racer competing in bracket racing for liberty ideas, click on the racer's pic to see the action and get current race results. (http://www.nhra.com/nhra101/etracing.aspx)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Well, what you did is one way to do it. Be the person posting the Youtube video or making a thread instead of commenting on it. You'll be seen and heard by more.