PDA

View Full Version : Will Republican Elites That Did Not Support Trump Have Any Price To Pay?

anaconda
11-10-2016, 02:32 AM
Will John McCain and others have any political atonement to make? Or, will they actually benefit elsewhere by having shown their establishment allegiance? Or will Trump let them off the hook and offer an olive branch for some possible cooperative greater good? If Trump did wish to "get even" how would he do it? And, would it be wise?

CPUd
11-10-2016, 03:26 AM
It would take an epic fuckup on his part for them to primary him in 2020, and with Reince as his right hand man, I think he finally understands things are much easier with the full support of the party. Otherwise they won't get anything done and the Dems will run a real candidate against him next time.

anaconda
11-10-2016, 03:42 AM
the Dems will run a real candidate against him next time.

It does continue to amaze me that the Democrats ran a candidate with so much baggage.

anaconda
11-10-2016, 03:44 AM
It would take an epic $#@!up on his part for them to primary him in 2020

I think all it would take is low approval ratings to get aggressively primaried.

Occam's Banana
11-10-2016, 03:47 AM
Will Republican Elites That Did Not Support Trump Have Any Price To Pay?

No.

[W]ill Trump let them off the hook and offer an olive branch for some possible cooperative greater good?

Yes.

Trump said, "I don't know, man, they kinda funny, you know?"
I said, "I know. Everybody funny. Now you funny, too."

(with apologies to George Thorogood)

Aratus
11-10-2016, 04:13 AM
He either has a firm ally in Mitch McConnell or he ends up tearing the Republican Party apart as the Democrats look on and make plans for the by-election of 2018. Right now, power is three way... D.T is POTUS.. McConnell = Majority Leader and Paul Ryan is House Speaker and a most likely 2020 contender if Donald Trump gets his sorry self impeached. Flat out, he enters D.C with very few strings attached or hidden bank accounts but if he wants to get anything done, he submits to Mitch McConnell's proverbial metaphoric branding iron. Up until now, Trump has acted like an out and out demagogue of the old school with a scant regard for the Constitution or our Bill of Rights. Is Trump actually a team player? Can he afford to actually get the Majority Leader totally PO'ed so early in his term? Is there any way Mitt Romney comes out of semi-retirement if Thahhh Donald ends up badly bollixed up and totally screwwed.

Aratus
11-10-2016, 04:23 AM
On the surface, he ran against the GOP elite and politics as usual, but his EGO has him wanting to go down in the history books like Ronald Reagan but with more of his wits about him. Richard M. Nixon's Id and presidency is a cautionary tale, Andrew Johnson is known for his contrary and never contrite tendency to get into quarrels with rivals. Millard Fillmore almost seems to be a role model and template for Donald Trump. Months back, I began to feel if I only name-dropped Huey Long, I'd be limiting my quips and opines. Everything and anything can happen. Mitt Romney had his moments when he was like Bill McKinley, Donald Trump is much more like Millard Fillmore than I care to say, but his spectacular upset inside a near deadlocking of our Electoral College is not unlike Andrew Jackson's road to victory.
D.T broke all the rules. The media was blindsided.

gaazn
11-10-2016, 10:51 AM
I think he will be like version of Jimmy Carter with shades of FDR and Reagan: Avoid foreign entaglements while rebuilding domestically and domestic defense.
Totally admire his takedown of Bush family, Clinton family, and neocons. Will still project a strong persona, but can't see him fighting needless wars with his family close around him. Just got to keep watch on that Pence.

Occam's Banana
11-10-2016, 12:12 PM
I think he will be like version of Jimmy Carter with shades of FDR and Reagan: Avoid foreign entaglements while rebuilding domestically and domestic defense.

:confused: How is FDR associated with "avoid foreign entanglements" ... ??? :confused:

juleswin
11-10-2016, 12:20 PM
:confused: How is FDR associated with "avoid foreign entanglements" ... ??? :confused:

I think the shade he gets from FDR would be the part responsible for building up infrastructure.

CPUd
11-10-2016, 12:27 PM
muh airports

Occam's Banana
11-10-2016, 01:00 PM
I think the shade he gets from FDR would be the part responsible for building up infrastructure.

He said, "Avoid foreign entaglements while ..."

"While" is conjunctive: "doing X while doing Y" implies doing both X and Y.

juleswin
11-10-2016, 01:10 PM
He said, "Avoid foreign entaglements while ..."

"While" is conjunctive: "doing X while doing Y" implies doing both X and Y.

Didn't Jimmy Carter avoid foreign entanglements? if yes then this quote explains in his opinion how Trump can have qualities of Carter(avoiding foreign entanglements), FDR (rebuild infrastructure) and Reagan (rebuild defense) all in one president.

I think he will be like version of Jimmy Carter with shades of FDR and Reagan.

TheTexan
11-10-2016, 01:25 PM
I think all it would take is low approval ratings to get aggressively primaried.

How could anyone not like Trump? He's going to make our airports, roads, and bridges great again. Which is very popular, and should make Bernie supporters happy too

TheTexan
11-10-2016, 01:26 PM
muh airports

Damn right.

anaconda
11-11-2016, 04:23 AM
How could anyone not like Trump?

Ask the people rioting just down the street from me..

CPUd
11-11-2016, 04:36 AM
Ask the people rioting just down the street from me..

Those are all paid SJW BLM Soros crisis actors.

Spikender
11-11-2016, 04:55 AM

And unpaid dupes who didn't get Soro's memo and think it's actually a real protest.

CPUd
11-11-2016, 04:58 AM
And unpaid dupes who didn't get Soro's memo and think it's actually a real protest.

Yes, they are attracted to the noise and bright lights.

https://i.imgur.com/kUIwyJg.png

anaconda
11-11-2016, 05:10 AM

In Oakland? Kinda' doubt it.

anaconda
11-11-2016, 05:12 AM

I'm guessing mostly these types.