PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton failed to cash in on racial divisions Obama cultivated in last 8 years

enhanced_deficit
11-09-2016, 01:20 PM
SWC Hillary's campaign was heavily focussed on highlighting and politically benefitting from divisions that have become a hallmark legacy of DGP Obama. She went too narrow and heavy basing her whole campaign on racial/gender identities politics in too blatant a manner.
Trump moved in on a fertile ground sensing a very angry traditional American majority and took home the big prize.

It's almost painful to watch such a mega Clinton machine fail. Well, not really.

UWDude
11-09-2016, 01:21 PM
SWC Hillary's campaign was heavily focussed on highlighting and politically benefitting from racial divisions that have become a hallmark legacy of DGP Obama. She went too narrow and heavy basing her whole campaign on racial/gender identities in a blatant manner.
Trump moved in on a fertile ground sensing a very angry tradiational majority and took home the big prize.

It's almost painful to watch such a mega Clinton machine fail. well, not really.

Trump gained ground in all ethnic areas. I have posted a thread here with a link from the NYT showing how much ground he made up.

enhanced_deficit
11-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Trump gained ground in all ethnic areas. I have posted a thread here with a link from the NYT showing how much ground he made up.

I agree.. Hillary came across as unauthentic across the board. Trump gained huge margins in traditional GOP base that Obama-Hillary had strongly alienated while still gaining some traction with all minoroty groups better than other GOP contenders.

AZJoe
11-09-2016, 01:41 PM
basing her whole campaign on racial/gender identities politics

Their division based politics was a complete failure by the elites. Trump ended up doing +5% better than Romney among black voters and +2% better than Romney among Latino voters.

dean.engelhardt
11-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Trump represented personal racism to some people. Clinton represented institutional racism to more people. Turns out people are smart that I gave credit for.