PDA

View Full Version : Stress on Obamacare

tod evans
11-09-2016, 07:25 AM
What with all the lefties being depressed they'll need meds and counseling, possibly inpatient care...

What the hell! It's free..............Right?

mrsat_98
11-09-2016, 07:36 AM
for 70 sumthin days.

juleswin
11-09-2016, 07:55 AM
What with all the lefties being depressed they'll need meds and counseling, possibly inpatient care...

What the hell! It's free..............Right?

Last week I learned how free my Obamacare insurance was. I paid my premium because the fine for not paying was $240ish the first year and my school at the time required every student to carry health insurance to participate in clinical sessions, so after paying my insurance for about a year and change, I had a bad fever and decided to use my insurance for the first time. I called the insurance company before hand to ask which hospitals were in their network and they gave me the name of 1 major hospital in my area with lots of clinics around the city. I then called the hospital to just confirm that they accepted my insurance and then got the address for their urgent care unit.

Anyway, when I arrived, I showed them my insurance card. At the point, the lady receptionist told me that my insurance wasn't accepted in this particular section of the hospital and suggested that I should go to the emergency or wait another 6 hrs when the urgent care unit to the sector of the hospital that took my insurance opened up. Suffice to say, I did not wait and instead ended up paying $171 out of pocket and $40 for medication even though I had a silver plan of Obamacare(conventry insurance).

I foresee a riot if young people enmass went through what I went through this past week. Heck, I wanted to punch somebody after paying $171 for a 10 minute checkup.

brushfire
11-09-2016, 08:09 AM
obamacare? All the republicans are going to repeal it now that they have the means to.

LOL - any wagers?

CPUd
11-09-2016, 08:11 AM
They will let the insurance companies write it, and rename it LibertyCare. Because liberty.

juleswin
11-09-2016, 08:12 AM
obamacare? All the republicans are going to repeal it now that they have the means to.

LOL - any wagers?

I bet on the impossible happening. So I am in for pie the sky scenario happening for $1000.

CPUd
11-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Make Canada pay for it.

Ender
11-09-2016, 08:22 AM
They will let the insurance companies write it, and rename it LibertyCare. Because liberty.

Pretty much- forced insurance has always been a scam.

UWDude
11-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Make Canada pay for it.

good idea, since Canada interfered with our sacred elections:
http://debatepost.com/2016/11/02/breaking-wikileaks-shows-hillary-clinton-may-have-helped-trudeau-win-the-canadian-election/

That'll teach them.

nobody's_hero
11-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Well it's free after these people meet a 10 frazillion bajillion gazillion dollar deductible.