PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Becomes the Seventh State to Legalize Marijuana

jct74
11-09-2016, 12:39 AM
Nevada Becomes the Seventh State to Legalize Marijuana
Sheldon Adelson's tears are yummy.

Jacob Sullum
Nov. 9, 2016

Yesterday Nevada voters, who approved medical marijuana by a margin of nearly 2 to 1 in 2000, finally decided to legalize marijuana for recreational use as well. With 46 percent of precincts reporting, the state's legalization initiative, Question 2, is favored by 54 percent of voters, and ABC News projects that it will win.

Question 2 allows adults 21 or older to possess up to an ounce of marijuana in public, grow up to six plants at home, and transfer up to an ounce at a time to other adults "without remuneration." Those provisions take effect on January 1.

The initiative charges the state Department of Taxation with licensing and regulating marijuana producers, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, and imposes a 15 percent excise tax on the "fair market value" of marijuana sold by growers. The department is required to issue regulations for the newly legal marijuana businesses and begin accepting license applications by the beginning of 2018.

read more:
http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/09/nevada-becomes-the-seventh-state-to-lega

DamianTV
11-09-2016, 03:19 AM
Yay us! Right?

First off, this is not really the victory people think it is. If I OWN my own body, then I can put what ever the hell I want into it. If someone ELSE owns me, then they would have authority to tell me what I can and can not put into my body. Thus, they demand vaccinations and flu shots and have tried effortlessly to prevent me from using weed. The real problem is that the State is under the impression that smoking weed is their PERMISSION to grant, which basically validates an invalid system. It was NEVER their permission to grant and NEVER will be. If I want to smoke weed or not, I could really give two squirts of piss less what the law is. NEVER ASK for Permission to use your Right, especially that of Self Ownership. Otherwise you end up consenting to one of two things: #1 They have Authority to tell you what you can / can not / must put into your body (or remove from), #2 What you can put into your body is their Permission to grant, and neither of these are true.

At least the laws are starting to align a bit with morality once again because they have not been that way for a very long time.