PDA

View Full Version : There's a sucker born every minute.

acptulsa
11-07-2016, 11:35 PM
One's a communist and one's a fascist. One pays bribes and the other takes them. One might start wars and the other already has started wars. I want to vote for someone. But I can't. I have to vote against someone.

They're old friends. One went to the other's wedding. They used to be in the same party. They'll probably choose the same cabinet. But one has to be less bad than the other, because the media tells me one of them has to be president. I want to vote for someone. But I can't. I have to vote against someone.

They pretend to hate each other. He attacks her like a rabid dog in the debates, but he never makes sense. She says she's for small business, but all her policies will kill small business. He crushes small businesses every chance he gets. He proposes policies that will hurt minorities. She says she loves them, but her husband's administration passed laws which gave white kids caught with coke slaps on the wrist, and filled the jails with black kids caught with crack who have been in prison the twenty years since. They shout to the skies that they're different, but everything they touch comes out just the same. I want to vote for someone. But I have to vote against someone.

I have voted against someone every four years since I was eighteen. I just know I've minimized the damage, but the damage was done nonetheless. Once someone who worked forty hours could feed the kids, now it takes food stamps to do it. The economy has been recovering for eight years, but more people are out of work than ever. I want someone to let us fix it, but the major parties only offer us people who will either make it a little worse or a lot worse. Only We, the People have ever made America great, but both of them say only the government can do it. But one of them is sure to make things less worse, if only I can figure out which. I want to vote for someone. But I have to vote against someone.

Abraham Lincoln was a third party candidate. It was the Democrats and the Whigs back then, but the people had cojones enough, or were desperate enough, to tell the two big parties to get stuffed. And we got a real president, and things actually changed. They picked an alternative and they elected him. Gary Johnson is on the ballot on all fifty states. I believe the election isn't crooked, but the media tells me we can't elect Johnson, if only because they don't give him any publicity. He's competent, he's not a world-renown crook, he's worth voting for. The election isn't cooked, but the media tells us who to vote for and who's a waste of our votes, and isn't that called cooking the election? I just can't vote for someone. I have to vote against someone.

All we have to do to have the revolution we need is to stand up and vote FOR someone. But we can't. We have to figure out which of these perfectly awful, totally worthless, utterly terrifying choices is worse, and vote against them. We just have to.

He acts dumber than he is. She acts smarter than she is. Some smart people vote for her because he's embarrassing. Some dumb people vote for him because they know they can't trust him, but they distrust smart people even more. They're both psychotic. I want to vote for someone. But I have to figure out which of these psychos is more psycho than the other psycho, and vote against them.

There was a sucker born the same minute I was. Was it me?

Natural Citizen
11-08-2016, 12:02 AM
Eh. Gonna have to disagree about Johnson, man. What we saw during this cycle was a traditional two party system functioning as one party expand itself into a single party functioning as three. Anyone with half a clue should have seen that coming after the historical 2014 Mid-Term indy and third party turnout. No way the establishment didn't take notice of it and no way they weren't going to do something about it. We hadn't seen a third party/indy turnout like that in modern history. And here we are. Weld has been the establishment face in the Libertarian Party during this cycle and giving the assist to the establishment party expansion. Your boy, Johnson, was a tool. Nothing more. Of course, he popped off some rather authoritarian spew himself. Johnson actually bothered me more than both Clinton and Trump because he was speaking against the fundamental principles of Individual Liberty from under its very banner. So yeah. To that extent there's a sucker born every minute alright because people ate it up like candy. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd see the day when so called defenders of Individual Liberty would campaign for someone who, under the banner of Liberty no less, contended that he would send men from the government with guns to force Individuals and groups of Individuals to relinquish their property to other Individuals or groups of Individuals. Property rights, as is traditionally understood, are the very principal support for The Individual's rights to life and Liberty. I mean, here's a guy who also openly contended that he'd consider signing off on an illegal transfer of power to a President alone...obviously sacrificing the constitution...being promoted under the banner of Liberty. W...T...F...http://spiritcompanion.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/surprised.gif

I'm personally embarrassed by what I've seen transpire during this cycle around here. And in the name of Liberty no less. Puhleeez.

acptulsa
11-08-2016, 12:23 AM
Eh. He's the lesser of the three evils on the ballot in all fifty states by about seven light years.

Know how many miles that is? Know how many millions of country miles that is?

But, you know, if we're too principled to break this two party oligarchy wide open, then I guess we've just been divided and conquered. Again. Wonder how much farther down the drain we're going to go the next four years?

Natural Citizen
11-08-2016, 12:37 AM
But, you know, if we're too principled to break this two party oligarchy wide open, then I guess we've just been divided and conquered.

One thing I've learned during this cycle is that re-education is far more critical and that it must start from within so that fundamental principles aren't minimized from relevance to cause. And by competent, modest, unconceited, educators. It has been observable that having an 07 or an 08 behind one's name doesn't necessarily deem one to be competent to assume that role. Of course, you wouldn't know it to hear some of those friends tell it. Speaking only for myself, I haven't observed such prideful, arrogant, short sightedness in quite a few years as I have during this cycle. Throwing the baby out with the bath water has been rather popular lately. And for what? Personal redemption for pride lost in past elections? That's dumb. And reckless.

Fundamentals are not purist. They're fundamentals. To openly reject the principal fundamentals of Individual Liberty along with the primary foundation of its moral code in such an organized, political, way is to openly reject and organize against the concept of the Individual's rights to Life and Liberty fully. And this truth cannot effectively be contested. Again, fundamentals are not purist. They're fundamentals. Principal fundamentals.

I will correctly tell you that the Libertarian Party will save face in 4 years because principled citizens spoke up and organized against the stalking horse that functioned within it during this cycle. The attempted expansion of the establishment machine to control the three primary parties was defeated. This time. As it is, coercion is coercion is coercion. And, unfortunately, those who participate in it often have very little understanding of their roles in it. Nor are they of the capacity to foresee its outcome. Seems like the football mentality is equally as apparent in so called libertarian circles as it is in the mainstream political arena.

Sumthinorother
11-08-2016, 04:42 AM
Eh. He's the lesser of the three evils on the ballot in all fifty states by about seven light years.

Know how many miles that is? Know how many millions of country miles that is?

But, you know, if we're too principled to break this two party oligarchy wide open, then I guess we've just been divided and conquered. Again. Wonder how much farther down the drain we're going to go the next four years?

There's no rule that someone needs to be on the ballot in all 50 states to win. You only need 270 electoral votes to win outright and winning just one state could get you a win if nobody else gets 270.

What matters is if someone is on the ballot in YOUR state. Unless you live in OK, NC, MA, or CA you can vote for Darrell Castle who is a billion "light years" better than all 3 of those that you mention.

Vote for evil and you get evil. If there were no good candidates, I wouldn't vote(like I had planned for most of this election season). Imagine if nobody ever voted for any degree of evil - they'd all get 0 votes and none of them would ever win. The problem is at the bottom as much as at the top.

idiom
11-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Neither of them is a facist nor a communist.

JohnM
11-08-2016, 05:43 AM
Unless you live in OK, NC, MA, or CA you can vote for Darrell Castle who is a billion "light years" better than all 3 of those that you mention.

While I agree that Darrell Castle is the best candidate, I think you exaggerate slightly when you say that he is a billion light years better than GJ.

:)

The fact that I can't vote for him (I'm registered in NC) is a cause of great sadness to me.

:(

CaptUSA
11-08-2016, 06:20 AM
I voted hard this morning and guess what?

RON PAUL IS STILL MY PRESIDENT!

Thor
11-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Vote for Gary and help him get over 5% nationally and change the stage for the future. And ya, if Dillary Clump don't get 270, it could get real interesting. (But probably not, as it is all part of the same game.)

And those who complain about GJ not pure enough, whatever. He isn't perfect, but he is light years ahead of the other 2 representing the single party game.

Spikender
11-08-2016, 08:14 AM
This country needs a revolution.

RonPaulIsGreat
11-08-2016, 08:36 AM
The is no we, only I and they.

John F Kennedy III
11-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Vote for Gary and help him get over 5% nationally and change the stage for the future. And ya, if Dillary Clump don't get 270, it could get real interesting. (But probably not, as it is all part of the same game.)

And those who complain about GJ not pure enough, whatever. He isn't perfect, but he is light years ahead of the other 2 representing the single party game.

Why reward the LP for picking an authoritarian?

acptulsa
11-08-2016, 09:04 AM
If only we had enough sense to be ashamed of how easy we are to divide and conquer.

JSBach
11-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Well stated thoughts. My hat is off to you for speaking truth from the heart! Would that more of the people had open eyes to at least see through the deception that their vote should always vote evil, that their vote only counts when on the winning team or the runner-up to the winning team... that their vote is wasted when they vote for the RIGHT servant for the office!

Regardless the fact that truth is treason in this empire of lies, there will be no return, no reformation of this once free nation, to the very sound and 'safe for all times and seasons' constitutional principles with which this nation was born... unless and until the people in the grassroots precincts vote with TRUTH as their candidate INSTEAD of evil to defeat evil! It is a fraud upon the language and a old party deception that voting other than the 'singular party duality' of Tweedledee and Tweedledum, is wasting your vote! That lie has been the cement which has welded this nation to those two corrupt parties, friends in oath breaking for a century, and dragged the people like blind sheep into a downward spiral towards serfdom, towards third-world status... a status they once found very unenviable and thought only existed in those totalitarian countries full of heathen we bomb, across the sea!

For the first time in 4,000 years a people returned to sovereign freedom and liberty as their status in life! That was thanks to the founders.

The age old craving of fallen mankind to rule the world , possess the world, be adored and worshiped by the world, has been rearing its ugly head for a century, and that mainly by the sustenance of the abomination of the false balance epitomized by the US Federal Reserve system. The Fed, so rightly attacked and exposed by Dr. Ron Paul, continues to be the source of funding, the very life's blood, of all the drain of wealth into serfdom, the ungodly and vulgar war making, the funding of everything which characterizes the falling and decaying civilizations: fully funded and encouraged reduction of the unwanted populations of unborn, race, elderly, poor; theft from those 'who have been given by God of the fruit of their labor but another craves and takes'.

In short... I will vote specifically NOT for the purpose of being on the winning team, specifically NOT to defeat the greater of evils! Voting for the urge to be on a winning team, or voting out of fear of the evil, are both a wasting of your precious vote!

In contrast I will vote to savor my precious vote! I will vote for only the right person or I will write in the right person! I will vote for right though I vote alone, by
myself! I will know that I have NOT wasted my vote. Regardless of those who accompany me in my vote, I will vote in the only way which is calculated to save the republic, to reform and return to constitutional rule of law, to restore liberty, property, and all that the founders envisioned for their posterity. I will sleep peacefully knowing this, that I have done my best for freedom and future generations by my vote.

In my state there is but one candidate who fits the constitutional description required of a good presidential candidate... Darrell Castle!

Until Americans vote right, right will not come to pass! Only serfdom will dwell in the land and that serfdom will become very entrenched. Until Americans lay aside the dictatorship of the parties and vote for the 'Castles' of this land, they will never get a good president, and they will never escape serfdom!