PDA

View Full Version : The Unthinkable, and what to do if it happens

hawkeyenick
12-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Seeing this implosion of candidates...they don't want our man to win

So what happens if he does? They take a conservative and he runs 3rd party or independant to take away votes and guarantee a democratic win

Do we have a strategy ready for this?

ross11988
12-09-2007, 11:51 AM
I really really doubt that it would happen.

TechnoGuyRob
12-09-2007, 11:51 AM
I may be crazy, but I honestly think Ron Paul has a chance even in that kind of a scenario.

But no, they won't do this. Republicans may be proud, but they're not buffoonishly stupid; are they?

schmeisser
12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
They won't do that - it would effectively be the end of the Republican party if they were to try.

hawkeyenick
12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I may be crazy, but I honestly think Ron Paul has a chance even in that kind of a scenario.

But no, they won't do this. Republicans may be proud, but they're not buffoonishly stupid; are they?

Neo cons will do something like this is they get desperate...count on it

nist7
12-09-2007, 12:04 PM
So are we saying that the neocons would rather elect a DEMOCRAT than seeing Ron Paul in the white house........LOL.......

ThomasJ
12-09-2007, 12:06 PM
So are we saying that the neocons would rather elect a DEMOCRAT than seeing Ron Paul in the white house........LOL.......

I think the more appropriate question is... would the neocons rather see ANY CFR member in the white house. Hillary for instance?

Voodoo
12-09-2007, 12:07 PM
yes. Not a doubt in my mind.

EvilNight
12-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Corporate taskmasters would rather get *anyone* elected but Ron Paul. If the Dem/Rep distinction these days (real, not perceived) is as artificial as some people say, then this could definitely happen.

Liberty Star
12-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Wrong subject, we need to focus on winning primaries.

Boston Tea Party Dec 16 can make it happen.

filmmaker58
12-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Here is the deal. We have to get involved in the Republican party. I don't know about everywhere else, but the Republican party in our area is dying. There are certainly no new people coming into it for this crop of candidates, and if the Ron Paul people get involved, by the time the National convention rolls around, it will be the Re-Paul-ican party. so get involved, and make the changes internally. The republican party will transform from the inside out, and Ron Paul will storm on to victory.

lynnf
12-09-2007, 12:14 PM
I think the more appropriate question is... would the neocons rather see ANY CFR member in the white house. Hillary for instance?

that's an emphatic yes. CFR has been playing Democrats and Republicans against each other for years in order to get their way.

lynn

Joe3113
12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
You guys need to take the GOP back from the neocons. Join up and overwhelm them with numbers.

max
12-09-2007, 12:18 PM

That's EXACTLY what they would do.

In 1912, the Ron Paul-like William Taft was set to win an easy re-election bid against the wooden college professor from Princeton (Woodrow Wilson). To thwart him, The Establishment got behind a 3rd party campaign of Teddy Roosevelt (the original neo-con who had already been President for a term and a half after McKinley was assasinated by a "lone gunman").

The GOP vote was split and Wilson got in with just 40% of vote.

The GOP establishment would rather see Hillary elected than Ron Paul. If RP can get past the primaries and Diebold, expect a third party "populist outsider" to throw his hat into the ring. He will rail against Big Government, immigration, Iraq etc and the media will hype him.

Could be Chuck Hagel (CFR member).. or maybe even Lou Dobbs.