PDA

View Full Version : Untapped Ron Paul Volunteers

beerista
12-09-2007, 11:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/twane217/Meet-UpGroupsCompared.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/twane217/Meet-UpGroupsCompared.gif

This graphic (ripped from lewrockwell.com) shows some 7,500 "interested" in a meetup. Many potential activists can languish in one area while they wait for someone to start a group. Can we find areas that have a number of people interested that may be near enough to an existing group that a nearby(ish) coordinator could start the group and come to the first meeting just to get the ball rolling? Unfortunately, in my area, we've already tapped the few who were waiting for a group and are trying to expand numbers through offline recruitment. I read a thread about something similar to this happening in Miami Beach recently. Is there any concerted effort to put languishing potential together with a nearby group?
I can't find any way on meetup.com to find "meetups in the making" like on the map above without plugging in individual zip codes. A bit tedious.
Any ideas?

ross11988
12-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Plus that is a old picture. I think were at 83,000 people now

beerista
12-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Plus that is a old picture. I think were at 83,000 people now

Does that mean more of those who were waiting for a group to form have found an active group or that a whole bunch more people have joined meetup.com (some finding groups and some not) and hence there are probably even more potential activists waiting for a group to form than when that graphic was current?

tsetsefly
12-09-2007, 11:46 AM
bump

DirtMcGirt
12-09-2007, 11:47 AM
If we dominate N.H. this thing will go to a whole new level... all focus should be on tea party and N.H.,(with all other projects ready to be unleashed) then the snowball will be amazing, simply amazing!!!

beerista
12-09-2007, 11:59 AM
If we dominate N.H. this thing will go to a whole new level... all focus should be on tea party and N.H.,(with all other projects ready to be unleashed) then the snowball will be amazing, simply amazing!!!

For all we know, we could have potential volunteers languishing in NH.

beerista
12-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Any ideas about this, folks?