PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck interviews Daryl Castle : Epic statesman!

jmdrake
11-05-2016, 02:21 PM
I listened to this interview after writing in Ron Paul. Daryl Castle was not on the ballot. I didn't realize (until hearing this interview) that Castle was on the ballot as a write in. I WISH I HAD WRITTEN IN CASTLE! Seriously. His tax plan is to turn the federal budget on its head. Instead of taxing individuals and sending money back to the states, each state would be apportioned an amount it was to contribute to the federal government and that state could raise the money however it wished. If a state wished to raise it's part of the federal budget through leasing land it could. If it wanted to do a lottery it could. It if wanted to do income tax at the state level only it could. I wish Castle had been able to run a more visible campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upH_J8pKfk

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2016, 02:23 PM
If Castle stood any chance whatsoever of winning, Beck would have beckstabbed him in an attempt to prevent it.

Ender
11-05-2016, 02:23 PM
If Castle stood any chance whatsoever of winning, Beck would have beckstabbed him in an attempt to prevent it.

Just like he did Ron Paul.

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Just like he did Ron Paul.

And Debra Medina.

jmdrake
11-05-2016, 02:26 PM

Yeah Beck sucks. But Castle is awesome. Not chance in hell of winning but still awesome. All we have left at this point is good ideas and he has some.

11-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Castle seems fine to me. If it was the CP polling 5-10%, I would have no problem at all voting for him. But the LP is the one polling that high so I am going with Johnson. I'm hoping the LP does something with this next time.

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Castle seems fine to me. If it was the CP polling 5-10%, I would have no problem at all voting for him. But the LP is the one polling that high so I am going with Johnson. I'm hoping the LP does something with this next time.

Weld/Kasich 2020. :p

Origanalist
11-05-2016, 02:35 PM

If Castle was polling that high I might have voted. No way I'm encouraging the LP with support for what they are doing. It will just promote more of the same.

jmdrake
11-05-2016, 02:39 PM

By all means vote for whoever you want to vote for. But please listen to the interview if you haven't already. It's ideas that are really important, not elections. If we are ever going to turn the country around people are going to have to be turned on to new ideas.

As for the LP, I hate that they put such horrible candidates forward to be their standard bearer. What good will it do if they have basically republicrats giving us an "alternative" in 2020 to run against other republicrats even if they are at 30%?

RJB
11-05-2016, 03:09 PM
And Debra Medina.

THIS!!! Before this interview, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. His hack job placed him into backstabber territory.

You can hear the tension in his voice before hand. He knows he's selling out to the devil. He totally spun her answers and he knew what he was doing. Never trust that snake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8aKN_FaNsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rD6TqDZek

Origanalist
11-05-2016, 03:12 PM
THIS!!! Before this interview, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. His hack job placed him into backstabber territory.

You can hear the tension in his voice before hand. He knows he's selling out to the devil. He totally spun her answers and he knew what he was doing. Never trust that snake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8aKN_FaNsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rD6TqDZek

Beckstabbed.

CCTelander
11-05-2016, 03:34 PM
If Castle was polling that high I might have voted. No way I'm encouraging the LP with support for what they are doing. It will just promote more of the same.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again."

RJB
11-05-2016, 03:36 PM
He'd have my vote if he was on my state's ballot. With the choices I have, I'm just not voting.

jmdrake
11-05-2016, 03:44 PM
He'd have my vote if he was on my state's ballot. With the choices I have, I'm just not voting.

In the interview Castle said he was on the ballot in name in 23 states and on the ballot as a write in in 24. That means there is a very good chance if he's not on your ballot you can write him in. I wrote in Ron Paul but that vote won't even be counted because Ron was not a registered write in. (I'm not even sure how that works.)

11-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Weld/Kasich 2020. :p

I'm fairly sure Weld is done in the LP after this latest stunt.

Xenliad
11-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Castle was on my ballot and got my vote. I voted for all of the Libertarian statewide candidates though. There were actually more Libertarian candidates than Democratic candidates here this year.

Origanalist
11-05-2016, 05:05 PM
[edit; this video is from before the OP video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeqLcb8cEng

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm fairly sure Weld is done in the LP after this latest stunt.

I thought Johnson would be done in the LP after 2012.

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2016, 07:17 PM

My lack of surprise is palpable.

bunklocoempire
11-06-2016, 12:03 AM

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Beck fans who have come as far as to vote Constitution Party, must feel pretty confused and lost.
What a dick.

Jesse James
11-06-2016, 12:06 AM
I was enthusiastic to vote for him but I decided to write in Ron Paul.

Occam's Banana
11-06-2016, 07:57 AM

A zebra and its stripes ...

Congratulations, Darrell Castle! You've been

Beckstabbed.

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2016, 08:51 AM
In the interview Castle said he was on the ballot in name in 23 states and on the ballot as a write in in 24. That means there is a very good chance if he's not on your ballot you can write him in. I wrote in Ron Paul but that vote won't even be counted because Ron was not a registered write in. (I'm not even sure how that works.)

Not quite that many, but close. Looks like he has no ballot access in 4 states.

http://i.imgur.com/WncLTnt.png

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2016, 08:53 AM

Sooo, looks like he got beckstabbed even with zero chance of winning. Beck is growing ever more desperate for relevance and controversy.

Sumthinorother
11-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Castle seems fine to me. If it was the CP polling 5-10%, I would have no problem at all voting for him.

If Castle was polling that high I might have voted.

That's exactly why he isn't "polling higher"!

But what polls are you referencing? He's been listed in very few polls (1 or 2 state ones that I am aware of), and it's pretty hard to poll well when you aren't listed in any polls.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That video response by Castle to the "Beckstabbing" was before the interview posted in the OP, and probably part of why he got this interview.

It IS one of Castle's better interviews. Maybe he performs better in a hostile environment.

RonZeplin
11-06-2016, 12:40 PM

This was Oct 22, about 10 days prior to the vid posted by the OP. Beck did eventually interview Castle, which is the topic of this thread.

Origanalist
11-06-2016, 01:29 PM
This was Oct 22, about 10 days prior to the vid posted by the OP. Beck did eventually interview Castle, which is the topic of this thread.

Yep, my mistake.

bunklocoempire
11-07-2016, 11:11 AM
It's all so confusing, when Beck's first choice is Cruz... with conditions. lol

JohnM
11-08-2016, 03:20 AM
In the interview Castle said he was on the ballot in name in 23 states and on the ballot as a write in in 24. That means there is a very good chance if he's not on your ballot you can write him in.

Only 3 states where one can't vote for Castle, and NC had to be one of them.

:(

georgiaboy
11-08-2016, 11:04 AM
I pulled the lever for Darrell Castle today. He's an official write-in candidate in Georgia, along with about a dozen other official write-in candidates.

My precinct actually had them all listed on the wall for everyone in line to see. I don't remember ever seeing that before, but happy to see it now.

Make your vote count today - vote third party.

As far as the video is concerned, his tax plan (11:06) is awesome. His response to Glenn's attempted gotcha re: isolationism was equally bossy. And he's straight up end the fed. sound money ftw.

anaconda
11-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Glenn Beck has joined in the main stream media assault on Trump. Also, he had a guy on yesterday who is running for Senate in Louisiana and Beck said to him: "we need another Mike Lee or Ted Cruz in the Senate." No mention of Rand.

Superfluous Man
11-08-2016, 12:30 PM

LMAO!!!111!!!one

Tru dat!!!

Sumthinorother
11-08-2016, 01:24 PM
I wish Castle had been able to run a more visible campaign.

Whose fault is it that he wasn't? I accept my share of the blame. WE needed to become the media. Don't accept the top down model for the dispersion of information any more than you accept it for government. Sure, I did try to get him in the CPD debates, and it would have been great to see him school the other two there, but it would have been even better if my twitter campaign had worked to get those two to come to that other debate, and more satisfying still if we got his name out there without that organization's aid(though I think all these goals could have been achieved). That leads to my next idea that I never did implement...

*These days "everybody" is on the internet, and we should be able to bring a candidate to people's attention just working together through it. People get millions of hits on silly videos. I attempted to contact an expert in that too, but I never decided on a video, and of course it would have been better and cheaper again without the "expert". I finally did complete my own ad, but just a day or two ago! ...and nobody ever saw it.

I had I think some good ideas but was too worried about being anonymous( which I ended up failing at anyway) to try to implement them in a timely manner. Then when I did post something here in the "Liberty Campaigm" section of the forum there was little response in contrast to the ridiculous amount of Trump promotion in the Democrat and Republican section. The two sections probably should be combined...

I was apathetic through most of this campaign season, figuring there would be no one I'd like as much as Ron Paul running and disillusioned by how he quit when he was about to win the primary, and I barely followed the race. I only learned of Castle the night of the first Clinton Trump debate by accident from seeing his name listed in someone's signature while checking these forums for debate discussion. So I lost a lot of time, but there was still enough to do something..

Ideally, though, every voter ought to search out all their options on their own. However. because of all that the campaign had to do to get ballot access, we didn't even know his status in every state until not too long ago, so a lot of people wouldn't have found him.

On the other hand, it did seem at times like the Castle campaign wasn't trying too hard to win themselves, and that in turn made me and others less motivated. I'd think back to what happened with Ron and how I'd assure people that he was in it to win and wasn't working with Romney etc. , and then instead of taking Romney down like the others, he basically gave up. Then I realized we just needed to prove Castle could get elected whether he really wanted to or not, and see what happened.

Not chance in hell of winning but still awesome.

He could have won. I'll even be bold enough to say that he still could have at the point in time you guys are referencing with everything working out perfectly, but certainly if we had done more sooner.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
11-08-2016, 02:11 PM
This is why early-voting is evil. It encourages people to vote before they have complete information, which can lead to some very retarded votes. Ignorance should not be encouraged in this way.

Even more retarded is writing in Ron Paul or anyone else without an electoral slate for President.

Sumthinorother
11-08-2016, 04:40 PM
I sure agree about the early voting. Some places allow it WAY before the regular election day. People were voting before the debates were over.

Sumthinorother
11-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Well, I finally cast my vote for Darrell Castle. There wasn't anyone good to vote for for any other offices though. I walked through a light rain - wasn't bad.

Superfluous Man
11-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Whose fault is it that he wasn't? I accept my share of the blame. WE needed to become the media.

Don't be too hard on yourself. No amount of money, energy, and time, we might have put into promoting Castle would have made a difference in the election. We would end up the day after election day depressed about the results and disappointed with all the money, energy, and time we wasted on that that could have been put to much better uses.