PDA

View Full Version : Why is Ron Paul not scheduled for Meet The Press interview?

Liberty Star
12-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Ron Paul needs to be invited to Meet The Press. MTP has Biden, Richardson, Thompson, Dodd and almost all other candidates already interviewed or scheduled, it would be absolutely unfair and biased if Tim Russert did not invite Ron Paul and gave him an opportunity to talk about his ideas on American Liberties, Iraq war and other key issues as well.

This is the address for comments/suggestions to MTP/Tim Russert:

h ttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6872152/

bgoldwater
12-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Because he is not "top tier".

jumpyg1258
12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
If you need to ask why the Mainstream Media is not going to give Ron Paul any airtime, I am going to guess you are new to supporting him. =)

me3
12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Ron Paul is not top 5. He'll get his chance if we do well in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Not before then.

Remember, for all we have done, we're still a long way from the goal.

AlexMerced
12-09-2007, 11:31 AM
10% in national polls is the media threashold with the amount of divison in the gop field.

there is exception in the democrat side cause of the vast disparity with obama and clintons leads

we hit 10%, and you'll see a big change, we're getting close and I'm already starting to know the difference in attitude from the little coverage we get

ThePieSwindler
12-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Chris Dodd isnt "top tier" either, yet he gets more airtime than paul. In fact, Dodd has polled at 0 percent in some recent polls...

FireofLiberty
12-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Chris Dodd isnt "top tier" either, yet he gets more airtime than paul. In fact, Dodd has polled at 0 percent in some recent polls...

Yep, and in this was see that Russert is full of shit.

Liberty Star
12-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Because he is not "top tier".

Ron Paul does very well among regular people who have actually heard him express his ideas, not counting media talking heads.

If Biden, Dodd, Richsradon, Thompson are 'top tier', Ron Paul is above top tier.

If you need to ask why the Mainstream Media is not going to give Ron Paul any airtime, I am going to guess you are new to supporting him. =)

I have been interested in Ron Paul's ideas since the debates but we don't have to accept what we can change or at least try to change.

LibertyEagle
12-09-2007, 12:11 PM
For all we know, the campaign did not respond to their request to be on the show.

curtisag
12-09-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry, if Dodd went on, there's no reason in the world they can't have Ron on. The idea "he isn't top tier" is not a viable argument against him being on. They even had Colbert on while he was running for President. So this is obviously anti-Ron bias.

Cowlesy
12-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I actually am glad Ron isn't going to be on MTP. Last thing we need is for him to have an off-day and have Russert pepper him with a bunch of nasty questions. Yes, I know Ron can handle any question, but if you've watched Russert a lot, he loves to throw razor sharp darts at all the candidates.

The marginal gain he'd receive from MTP isn't worth the potential analysis of a few fumbled questions the rest of the press would have from an interview with Russert.