PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul only candidate with information in the language Ido

Mithridates
12-09-2007, 11:11 AM
I just wrote up a quick summary of Ron Paul and the Tea Party on the site I run in the language Ido:

http://idistaro.com/ido/node/36

Only about 1000 people in the world know the language (it's a constructed language) but thought people here might find the post interesting.

Quick translation of the first paragraph:

Ka vu konocas Ron Paul? Lu esas kandidato por prezidanto di Usa en 2008. Recente lu esas tre populara pro esar (e esir) kontre la milito en Irak, pro esar kontre preske omna imposti, e sua penso ke Usa ne devas esar en altra landi ma sempre en sua propra lando: kurte ke Usa ne devas esar imperio.

Do you know Ron Paul? He's a candidate for president of the US in 2008. Recently he's very popular for being (and having been) against the war in Iraq, for being against almost all taxes (note: probably should have written ALL taxes but wasn't certain), and his thoughts that the US shouldn't be in other lands but always in its own land: in short, that the US shouldn't be an empire.

Then I write a bit about the Tea Party gathering in Strasbourg. Idists (people that speak the language Ido) have a yearly gathering in a European country and are kind of similar in how they work well as a grassroots, with everybody working on their own to promote the language. The Idist group in Germany has a meeting every month and depending on how close they are to Strasbourg I wonder if they would be interested in attending.

Mithridates
12-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Hmm, no comments. That's okay, I'll just translate some more.

Lu esas kandidato por la Republikala Partiso, ma esas tote diferanta (yes, vere tote diferante) del altra kandidati, forsan tre simila a Goldwater, se vu memoras lu.

De sua populeso Ron Paul recente ganas la maxim multa pekunio de omna kandidati en la partiso, ed anke havas tre forta 'grassroots', to esas suportanti qui laboras sen pekunio e sen direktado del kampanio.

He is a candidate for the Republican Party, but is completely different (yes, truly completely different) from the other candidates, perhaps very similar to Goldwater if you remember him.

From his popularity Ron Paul recently has gotten the most money of all candidates in the party, and also has a strong 'grassroots', that is, supporters who work without money and without direction from the campaign.

One paragraph left so I'll translate that last one to bump up the thread one last time.

Mithridates
12-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Last part now:

Novembro 5 eventis 'pekunio-bombo' (money bomb) en qua lu ganis 4.5 milion dolari en nur un dio, nova rekordo. Decembro 16 eventos plu granda pekunio-bombo, la sama dio kun la historiala teo-partio. En Europa anke (en Strasbourg) eventos teo-partio por Ron Paul por ti qui prizas lu, pro ke Europani ne darfas donar pekunio a Ron Paul, ma li darfas skribar, parolar, e suportar lu kun altra metodi.

Kad Europani savas pri Ron Paul? Se vu konocas lu, quale vu pensas?

On November 5th was a so-called 'money bomb' in which he obtained 4.5 million dollars in one single day, a new record. On December 16 will be a larger money bomb, the same day as the historical Tea Party. In Europe as well (in Strasbourg) will be a tea party for Ron Paul for those that like him, because Europeans aren't allowed to donate money to Ron Paul, but they are allowed to write, speak, and support him with other methods.

Do Europeans know about Ron Paul? If you know him, what do you think?