PDA

View Full Version : Latest police scare tactic: Take drivers ID's and 'ask' them to sit in a police vehicle

scm
11-04-2016, 10:50 AM
An Alabama Appeals court ruling, let's police hold onto a motorist's ID and 'ask' them to sit in a police vehicle.

"Defendant was not “seized” within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment at any time before giving his consent to search the vehicle. Despite the trooper’s retention of his driver’s license, the officer’s request to have him sit in the front seat of the patrol car, and his questioning of defendant about his travel plans in the patrol car, a reasonable person in defendant’s position would have felt free to refuse the officer’s requests or otherwise terminate the encounter with the officer."

Ask yourself, would a "reasonable person" really feel free not to obey an officer's request to sit in a police vehicle?

Remember the cop has taken your ID and held on to it, because you can't drive away.

http://massprivatei.blogspot.com/2016/11/latest-police-scare-tactic-take.html

presence
11-04-2016, 11:05 AM
I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the vehicle sir.

Slave Mentality
11-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Been pulling that shit for years here. I fell victim many times as a teen and twenty- something.

asurfaholic
11-04-2016, 12:12 PM
I've been "asked" to sit in the trooper's car twice, but neither time they asked to search my vehicle.

I think it was to get me in his area so he could observe me better- any smells or uncharacteristic actions would be easier to detect.

Anti Federalist
11-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Just another day in Police State AmeriKa.

Never consent to anything, ever.

scm
11-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Been pulling that shit for years here. I fell victim many times as a teen and twenty- something.
I got pulled over one hour (1:00am) into my 18th birthday and was harassed by the cop. If I knew then.........

Weston White
11-06-2016, 06:54 AM
...But if he was "seized" while inside his vehicle, the police would no require consent to conduct a vehicle search.

A "reasonable person"? What about instead questioning the (un)reasonable actions taken by police during a stop?

Do you know why I stopped you? ...Well come here and sit in my front passenger seat next to my shotgun, oh I'll just keep your license in my pocket in the meantime. ...So where are heading to...?

yea, sure, sure.

osan
11-06-2016, 08:07 AM
An Alabama Appeals court ruling, let's police hold onto a motorist's ID and 'ask' them to sit in a police vehicle.

"Defendant was not “seized” within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment at any time before giving his consent to search the vehicle. Despite the trooper’s retention of his driver’s license, the officer’s request to have him sit in the front seat of the patrol car, and his questioning of defendant about his travel plans in the patrol car, a reasonable person in defendant’s position would have felt free to refuse the officer’s requests or otherwise terminate the encounter with the officer."

Ask yourself, would a "reasonable person" really feel free not to obey an officer's request to sit in a police vehicle?

Remember the cop has taken your ID and held on to it, because you can't drive away.

http://massprivatei.blogspot.com/2016/11/latest-police-scare-tactic-take.html

I do not entirely disagree with this.

At some point people have to assume responsibility for their awareness, attitudes, habits, and so on. This is not to say that cops should be scumbags, but the fact is that they are and that is not likely to change any time soon. Quite the contrary, things stand to become notably worse in that regard.

That leaves the rest of us with a choice: remain as infants in adult bodies or become well informed and with an attitude of intolerance. Challenge Theire instruments at every turn and make their lives utterly miserable. Force Themme to waste great reams of energy doing the same pointless things over and over again.

Theye tax us, we tax them right back.

scm
11-06-2016, 08:56 AM
I do not entirely disagree with this.

At some point people have to assume responsibility for their awareness, attitudes, habits, and so on. This is not to say that cops should be scumbags, but the fact is that they are and that is not likely to change any time soon. Quite the contrary, things stand to become notably worse in that regard.

That leaves the rest of us with a choice: remain as infants in adult bodies or become well informed and with an attitude of intolerance. Challenge Theire instruments at every turn and make their lives utterly miserable. Force Themme to waste great reams of energy doing the same pointless things over and over again.

Theye tax us, we tax them right back.

https://youtube.com/user/FlexYourRights

devil21
11-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Possessing the DL (a trust agreement between you and the state that you voluntarily applied for and agreed to the terms of) and presenting it when requested is where their jurisdiction over you comes from. By presenting the DL (which is owned by the state, not you, hence why they can take it from you) you are representing yourself as the physical surety for the all capital letter name on the license. You are acting as the agent of a corporation! That gives the corporate government the authority to conduct 'business' with the corporation (the all caps name on the DL) you are unknowingly representing! The all caps name is not YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFhn_GUAhGU