PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Carlson gets primetime show on Fox News, taking over for Greta

jct74
11-03-2016, 06:35 PM
I thought this was kind of interesting since Carlson emceed at Ron's 2008 Rally for the Republic and has said other nice things about him. I don't know if he ever fully endorsed Ron or how much of a libertarian he is, but he did say he voted for Ron in 1988 (https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/tucker-carlson-responds/). I wonder if he'll ever have Ron on the show, or maybe his new buddy Alex Jones (probably not, lol).

Fox News gives Tucker Carlson primetime show

by Dylan Byers
November 3, 2016

Tucker Carlson, the conservative pundit and founder of right wing news site The Daily Caller, has been tapped to host his own primetime show on Fox News.

Carlson will anchor the 7 p.m. hour formerly held by Greta Van Susteren, who left the network earlier this year after a contract dispute. His appointment was confirmed on Twitter by Brit Hume, the Fox News analyst who currently serves as the hour's interim host.

The move suggests that Fox News intends to broaden its commitment to right-wing opinion programming, despite the fact that parent company 21st Century Fox had previously signaled an intention to become more news-focused after the election.

While Van Susteren was seen as right of center, she at least had the resume and veneer of a newscaster, having earned a law degree at Georgetown Law School and serving as a legal analyst for CNN before joining Fox.

Carlson, a weekend co-host of Fox & Friends, is decidedly conservative. In a recent interview with Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist, he defended Donald Trump's proposed ban on Muslim immigrants as "totally reasonable and rational." He has also accused President Obama of engaging in "Nazi" racial politics.

read more:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/03/media/tucker-carlson-fox-news/

euphemia
11-03-2016, 06:38 PM
I've always thought Brit Hume looks just like Jim Bob Walton. Good night Jim Bob.

bunklocoempire
11-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Carlson, a weekend co-host of Fox & Friends, is decidedly conservative. In a recent interview with Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist, he defended Donald Trump's proposed ban on Muslim immigrants as "totally reasonable and rational." He has also accused President Obama of engaging in "Nazi" racial politics.

He's totally open-minded about certain things, and he's absolutely consistent most of the time.

He's decidedly conservative.:toady:

Superfluous Man
11-03-2016, 06:46 PM
He's gonna give the deplorables conniption fits.

Matt Collins
11-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Tucker deep down is a libertarian, but he has been sucked into the beltway cool kids crowd for too long.

Danke
11-03-2016, 08:53 PM
He had a temper tantrum at the Rally 4 the Republic and left after Jesse Jetura mentioned 9/11 on stage.

He is kinda like George Will, two guys you know who were beat up often in school.

Jesse James
11-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Tucker deep down is a libertarian, but he has been sucked into the beltway cool kids crowd for too long.
+1

he has indeed endorsed Ron and attended some events

Jesse James
11-03-2016, 08:59 PM
He had a temper tantrum at the Rally 4 the Republic and left after Jesse Jetura mentioned 9/11 on stage.

He is kinda like George Will, two guys you know who were beat up often in school.
hmm...

not what I've heard about his childhood. fwiw I know people that know people who grew up with him and he was a typically rich party boy that attended a prep school.

and if I had a job like he did I wouldn't listen to nuts talk about 9/11 either... Jesse Ventura is a statist

Danke
11-03-2016, 09:06 PM
hmm...

not what I've heard about his childhood. fwiw I know people that know people who grew up with him and he was a typically rich party boy that attended a prep school.

and if I had a job like he did I wouldn't listen to nuts talk about 9/11 either... Jesse Ventura is a statist

Maybe he could talk his way out of it, but I'm sure he was annoying.

Yes, differing opinions outside the official story should not be tolerated in a non-statist world.

Do you even have a clue without googling it what Ventura said?

Jesse James
11-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Maybe he could talk his way out of it, but I'm sure he was annoying.

Yes, differing opinions outside the official story should not be tolerated in a non-statist world.

Do you even have a clue without googling it what Ventura said?
well
regardless of what Ventura said I know he is nutty and if I worked for the media I wouldn't want to be associated with any kind of 9/11 conspiracies. seems pretty obvious to take precautions if you had a high profile job like that

Danke
11-03-2016, 09:13 PM
well
regardless of what Ventura said I know he is nutty and if I worked for the media I wouldn't want to be associated with any kind of 9/11 conspiracies. seems pretty obvious to take precautions if you had a high profile job like that

How do you feel about Lew Rockwell?

Jesse James
11-03-2016, 09:18 PM
if I was at a Ron Paul event and he started railing on and on about 9/11 conspiracies and I had Tucker's job I wouldn't want to be associated with that.

I do like Lew Rockwell much more because he is an anarcho-capitalist.

Matt Collins
11-04-2016, 07:12 AM
I have severe disdain for Ventura the clown, but honestly what he said at the MN RP event wasn't really bad. He brought up some good points. And I am not a conspiracy theorist.

Yes Tucker overreacted, but again, it goes back to my original post that he wants to be in the cool kids crowd.

Jesse James
11-04-2016, 07:31 AM
I have severe disdain for Ventura the clown, but honestly what he said at the MN RP event wasn't really bad. He brought up some good points. And I am not a conspiracy theorist.

Yes Tucker overreacted, but again, it goes back to my original post that he wants to be in the cool kids crowd.
I am sure Ventura did, but you really need to make sure not to associate yourself with crazies or anybody who may be labeled crazy. Tucker gets a lot of shit as it is and he hasn't even come out as a full libertarian

kcchiefs6465
11-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Yes, the 'Strippers for Paul' whore will do wonders for liberty.

When he isn't prostituting himself for the establishment, that is.

Superfluous Man
11-04-2016, 09:39 AM

He used to be decent, until he became a Trump troll.

Occam's Banana
11-04-2016, 09:45 AM
I am sure Ventura did, but you really need to make sure not to associate yourself with crazies or anybody who may be labeled crazy. Tucker gets a lot of shit as it is and he hasn't even come out as a full libertarian

What are you talking about?

He was hired to be the emcee at the Rally for the Republic.

His "job" was to introduce the speakers, not vet them.

If he had a problem with that, then he should have turned the job down in the first place, instead of behaving like a spoiled little brat.

jct74
11-14-2016, 03:42 PM
show debuts tonight

Fox News Announces Name, Reveals Details of Tucker Carlson’s New Show

by Josh Feldman
November 10th, 2016

Fox News has released more details today on the new 7 pm program Tucker Carlson will host on the cable news network starting next week.

Fox announced Carlson was getting his own show last week, taking over the timeslot that was previously filled by Greta Van Susteren and is currently being run by interim host Brit Hume.

Well, the network has officially announced today that the new program will be called Tucker Carlson Tonight and it will debut next Monday, November 14th, at 7 pm.

And if you want an idea of what you’re in for with Carlson’s show, Fox has posted this tease online:

Spirited Debate. Powerful Reporting. And it all happens LIVE. Tucker hears YOUR voice and is tackling the issues YOU care about. Following this historic Presidential election, Tucker is taking you to every corner of America, while utilizing the nationwide and global resources of the Fox News Channel. Tucker takes no prisoners as he calls out the status quo. You can count on Tucker’s signature style as he tackles political correctness in Campus Craziness. And ridiculous overblown outrage gets put in its place when Tucker’s TwitterStorm comes along.

Tucker Carlson Tonight will take you to the heart of issues largely uncovered by the media. And @TuckerCarlson will interact with viewers LIVE, each and every weeknight using #Tucker.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-news-announces-name-reveals-details-of-tucker-carlsons-new-show/