PDA

View Full Version : Trump Derangement Syndrome Has Forced Bill Kristol To Lie

AuH20
11-03-2016, 09:22 AM
The same man that savagely disparaged Paul and others is speaking an entirely different game with Trump on the horizon.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/bill-kristol-maybe-republicans-should-nominate-someone-with-a-radical-const

Kristol is right, in as much as Trump is not a constitutionalist. We all know that. He’s way better than Hillary, and he may like the 2nd Amendment, but he’s not even remotely a dyed in the wool strict constructionist. Kristol’s also right that the GOP needs to fight for founding principles.

The problem here is that, if Kristol really wants to “learn a lesson,” he should be asking himself a different set of questions.

A: Why hasn’t he been advocating this ....for years?

If Kristol is anything, he’s the face of what the left likes to call the NeoCon right. If you listen to the complete podcast, you’ll see that he leads with a McCain quote. That’s absolutely perfect, since he’s part and parcel of the crew that labelled people like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz “wacko birds.” When hardcore constitutionalists reared their heads, Kristol was frighteningly willing to be counted among those who picked up the mallet to smack them down in a game of political whack-a-mole.

After all, Kristol is the guy who assailed Rand Paul as the “spokesman for the Code Pink faction” in the GOP. He also called Paul a “kook” who “runs to the left of Barack Obama.

juleswin
11-03-2016, 09:24 AM
For the record, Trump just like Bill Kristol also savagely attacked Ron Paul. Keep that in mind when reading this post :)

Tywysog Cymru
11-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Kristol is smart, he wants to be seen as having opposed Trump.

Occam's Banana
11-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Trump Derangement Syndrome Has Forced Bill Kristol To Lie

Forced him to? Yeah, right. As if ... :rolleyes:

angelatc
11-03-2016, 10:31 AM
For the record, Trump just like Bill Kristol also savagely attacked Ron Paul. Keep that in mind when reading this post :)

Which attack am I forgetting? I only remember the 2011 CPAC thing, and that wasn't really all that vicious. He said Paul was a good guy but couldn't win.

If it's stuff from this election, I think that they attacked each other. We just happen to agree with Ron Paul on the subject. But you can't attack Trump and not expect blowback. That's sort of his trademark. He can't help but take the bait.

11-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Kristol was lying long before Trump ran for office.

timosman
11-03-2016, 10:44 AM

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-a-foolish-consistency-is-the-hobgoblin-of-little-minds-adored-by-little-statesmen-and-philosophers-ralph-waldo-emerson-57750.jpg

juleswin
11-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Which attack am I forgetting? I only remember the 2011 CPAC thing, and that wasn't really all that vicious. He said Paul was a good guy but couldn't win.

If it's stuff from this election, I think that they attacked each other. We just happen to agree with Ron Paul on the subject. But you can't attack Trump and not expect blowback. That's sort of his trademark. He can't help but take the bait.

Yea that is the attack I was talking about. At a time when the establishment were all saying that Ron Paul doesn't have a chance of winning, Trump can in and piled on with the establishment. You have to remember that this was at a time when he had a lot of grassroot support, he was about to win yet another CPAC and Trump viciously attacked him with the "he cannot win" and "doesn't support Israel/not against Iran" enough. And yea, he did it while giving him a backhanded compliment. Classy

Also, when did Rand attack Trump? if my memory serves me right, he just said he was a flip flopper which is true and Trump went along attacking Rand just for the sake of attacking Rand.

Regardless, Trump deserves everything that is coming to him. No sympathy from me

juleswin
11-03-2016, 11:13 AM
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-a-foolish-consistency-is-the-hobgoblin-of-little-minds-adored-by-little-statesmen-and-philosophers-ralph-waldo-emerson-57750.jpg

Not quite sure how that applies to what I said. I don't really think I am piously consistent on anything. Btw, I don't only hate Trump because he bashed Ron Paul, I would still hate him even without bashing Ron.

“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.”

Jessica Brody