PDA

View Full Version : TV Networks Ignore Obamacare Collapse

DamianTV
11-02-2016, 08:22 PM
http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/tv-networks-ignore-obamacare-collapse/?cat_orig=health
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/networks-continue-ignore-obamacare-collapse/

Nightly newscasts devote just over 10 minutes — combined — to law's death spiral

Bill Clinton’s startling description of Obamacare earlier this month as a “crazy system” yanked the Big Three broadcast networks out of the blackout of bad news about the health care reform law — but only a little.

According to a new study by the Media Research Center, which tracks left-wing bias in the news, the nightly news broadcasts and ABC, NBC, and CBS combined have devoted just 10 minutes and 21 seconds on the Affordable Care Act since the beginning of the year. Most of it has come since the former president made his controversial comments on Oct. 3.

Prior to that, the ABC and NBC had not reported on the embattled heath care law at all.

“On the one hand, I’m shocked,” said Mike Ciandella, a research analyst who studied the broadcasts. “On the other hand, it’s what I’ve come to expect.”

The “CBS Evening News” set the pace — but Ciandella noted that is a low bar. The news program has devoted 5 minutes and 9 seconds to Obamacare, nearly as much as the other two networks combined.

Full article on link.

euphemia
11-02-2016, 08:26 PM
You know, I just don't think television news is relevant any more. People talk about this stuff in person and on social media all the time. The people who pay know what's going on.

DamianTV
11-02-2016, 08:44 PM
You know, I just don't think television news is relevant any more. People talk about this stuff in person and on social media all the time. The people who pay know what's going on.

I dont pay. Im flat broke. Yeah, so broke I dont even have to file taxes so they can lick my balls anyway! :D

MSM has killed itself by constantly talking about things that are not relevant and refusing to talk about things that ARE relevant. Remember the Media Blackout on Ron Paul? This will be one of the very rare times I can actually use one of our common phrases here on the forums and it isnt being sarcastic:

MSM DID IT TO ITSELF.

RJB
11-02-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm still uninsured and am not planning on changing my status any time soon. Screw 'em.

Danke
11-02-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm still uninsured and am not planning on changing my status any time soon. Screw 'em.

Reported.

oyarde
11-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Who would ever buy a policy with such a high deductible unless it was incredibly cheap ? Ridiculous . america is in decay .

oyarde
11-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Reported.

I will never buy or pay a fine . It is because I am a Great Patriot .

ghengis86
11-03-2016, 06:41 AM
Who would ever buy a policy with such a high deductible unless it was incredibly cheap ? Ridiculous . america is in decay .

I only ever hit my deductible with the spawn. In non-spawn years, never topped $1k in all healthcare spending. Paying $9600 in premiums plus a $6.5k deductible? Lololol. Must be government math

fedupinmo
11-03-2016, 06:53 AM
I will never buy or pay a fine . It is because I am a Great Patriot .

With a great understanding of the origination clause, the apportionment clause, and the limitations on the 16th Amendment? ;) :D
Throw in a little 13th while you're at it, and it becomes quite clear.

scm
11-03-2016, 06:55 AM
"Well if you give him any credit, you'd say that it was designed to fail from the beginning. That this was never intended to be a successful program, because what they'd really like to roll out is something that would follow it, and I've argued this, and I predicted this for many years."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExLMgF1QQE

CaptUSA
11-03-2016, 07:13 AM
If you know what's good for you, you will develop black market health care avenues now.

Create relationships with like-minded doctors and nurses. Get yourself out of the "system". Pay for your services yourself - do NOT use a 3rd party payer. When the bubble bursts, you will be way ahead of the game.

My family doctor is a friend - our kids are in the same class. Another friend is a general surgeon (just in case). My daughter is a MSN (although, she's out of state, her medical advice is top-notch.

In most cases, I don't even pay them - we just trade favors. And none of this gets reported. I have an HSA that I use for prescriptions and emergencies. (I've had shoulder surgery and a kidney stone in the past few years - no big deal)

If the whole thing goes to shit, there are going to be LOTS of medical "professionals" out of work. Most of them are going to be helpless since they rely on the system to tell them what they should be doing. Preplanning is your key to peace of mind. It's not as hard as you think.

enhanced_deficit
11-08-2016, 11:28 PM
They will be talking about it from tomorrow.

DamianTV
11-09-2016, 03:21 AM
They will be talking about it from tomorrow.

And maybe even come out with the truth that we have been in another Recession that they "forgot" to publicly announce.