PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian VP Candidate Weld: "I'm Here Vouching For Mrs. Clinton

Mordan
11-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Libertarian VP Candidate Weld: "I'm Here Vouching For Mrs. Clinton And I Think It's High Time Somebody Did

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/02/libertarian_vp_candidate_weld_im_here_vouching_for _mrs_clinton_and_i_think_its_high_time_somebody_di d.html

Anyone want to vote for the LP? Traitors! *PUKE*

-----

[Edit: Video added]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4Fkiu2nak

phill4paul
11-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Traitor! The Israelis use krav maga for personal self-defense. Trump is teaching us Crave-MAGA for national defense! A vote for Johnson/Weld is worth, like, two votes for Hillary. Don't give two votes for Hillary!!!

The Gold Standard
11-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Only a beta cuck would vote LP.

phill4paul
11-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Only a beta cuck would vote LP.

Truer words...., truer words....

euphemia
11-02-2016, 05:06 PM
And there you go. I'm really sorry for the ones of you who truly believed in the LP ticket.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-02-2016, 05:55 PM
It's getting to be a joke at this point. Honestly, missing the 5% mark this time will be a mercy for the LP. They'll still get it in a few states where it could matter for statewide races, which is good because individual states have more autonomy from the laughing stock the national party has become.

I don't see any point encouraging this weird Centrism that comes out and not-so-subtly endorses "moderates" like Hillary when the chips are stacked. Minnesota granted major party status to the MN Independence Party for years. Nobody knew what they stood for after Ventura aside from being vague moderates who wound up spoiling for Dems half the time. They eventually dwindled and missed the 5% mark, losing their benefits, a couple years ago. Can't see the national LP having a better fate if this sad ticket somehow gets 5% or above.

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Libertarian VP Candidate Weld: "I'm Here Vouching For Mrs. Clinton And I Think It's High Time Somebody Did

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/02/libertarian_vp_candidate_weld_im_here_vouching_for _mrs_clinton_and_i_think_its_high_time_somebody_di d.html

Anyone want to vote for the LP? Traitors! *PUKE*

Holy crap! That was far worse than I imaged. I assumed it would be twisting of Weld to make it sound like he favored Hillary. The worthless piece of shit Weld went on Maddow and fully endorsed Hillary! He even threw Johnson under the bus.

devil21
11-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Weld = CFR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrUXPn7HCjM

ProBlue33
11-02-2016, 07:00 PM
So now we know the LP ticket just wants to be a spoiler for Trump, well, after that statement I don't know how anybody can vote LP.
You are better off to write in Ron Paul or not even vote.
I hope even our purists on RPF can now see this, and this is the purists test as well, if you are as pure and noble as you have been claimed to be this whole election cycle I don't know how you can still vote LP and maintain your nobility and purity politically.

From where I sit, everybody is better off listening to Rand than Gary at this point.....

angelatc
11-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Holy crap! That was far worse than I imaged. I assumed it would be twisting of Weld to make it sound like he favored Hillary. The worthless piece of shit Weld went on Maddow and fully endorsed Hillary! He even threw Johnson under the bus.

If Johnson a spine he'd ask him to resign.

I'm still voting LP. Probably.

Krugminator2
11-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Holy crap! That was far worse than I imaged. I assumed it would be twisting of Weld to make it sound like he favored Hillary. The worthless piece of $#@! Weld went on Maddow and fully endorsed Hillary! He even threw Johnson under the bus.

To go on Rachel Maddow and to, in his words, "vouch" for Hillary Clinton is a new all time low.

ProBlue33
11-02-2016, 07:04 PM

I think there might some people just like you, that once they get in the voting both, they will finally be like "!@#$ it" And do the unthinkable and unbelievable.

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Just watched the actual video with @GovBillWeld. He essentially endorsed Hillary & threw @GovGaryJohnson under the bus. Disgusting. #TLOT
https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/793980750605520897

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2016, 07:09 PM
It's official, the #Libertarian Party hit rock bottom with @GovBillWeld on the ticket. He threw the LP under the bus. @LPNational #TLOT
https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/793982217349369856

ProBlue33
11-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Bill Weld is a CFR traitor, just like Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfpgl6NqF0I

They are contemporaries of the elite, CFR members defend each other.

Influenza
11-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Damn Gary really fucked up by picking this guy. Gary is far from perfect, but he has to be better than that...

seapilot
11-02-2016, 07:26 PM
The elite knew that this year would be the biggest chance for third party successful turnout, therefore they hedged their bets with Weld. Goes to show that no party is safe from insiders. Look at what happened to Britain's UKIP.

specsaregood
11-02-2016, 07:28 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cv4FKFXUIAAH6Nh.jpg

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2016, 07:31 PM

I think this is the straw that broke this camel's back.

euphemia
11-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Weld has always supported Clinton. He has never tried to hide it. I cannot imagine anyone with a conscience could vote for him.

phill4paul
11-02-2016, 07:35 PM
I think this is the straw that broke this camel's back.

This camels back was broken the moment Gary/Weld were nominated.

EBounding
11-02-2016, 07:40 PM
I seriously considered GJ after he said he would pardon Snowden, but this shows he lacks judgement and can't be taken seriously.

I think I'll be writing in: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jesse James
11-02-2016, 07:43 PM
WRITE IN THE MAN WHO'S SITE THIS IS

TheTexan
11-02-2016, 07:46 PM
If he's gonna betray his own party, he should at least do it for a worthwhile candidate, like Trump

seapilot
11-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Why the heck did they not nominate John MacAfee? I bet he would be past 10% right now. Hope he runs for something again.

http://www.whoismcafee.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MCAFEE.jpg

TheTexan
11-02-2016, 07:48 PM
WRITE IN THE MAN WHO'S SITE THIS IS

Heres a hint:
His last name has the letters "p" and "u"

Jesse James
11-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Heres a hint:
His last name has the letters "p" and "u"
PUTIN!

TheTexan
11-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Why the heck did they not nominate John MacAfee? I bet he would be past 10% right now. Hope he runs for something again.

http://www.whoismcafee.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MCAFEE.jpg

Maybe back when he was worth 100 mill. How much is he worth now, 1? 2?

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Bill Weld’s embrace of Hillary Clinton directly undermines libertarians’ unique appeal (http://rare.us/story/bill-welds-embrace-of-hillary-clinton-directly-undermines-libertarians-unique-appeal/)
By Bonnie Kristian - November 2, 2016

The Libertarian Party’s vice presidential nominee seems to have officially signed up as a surrogate for the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Bill Weld had an interview on MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show on Tuesday, and he used that opportunity to essentially endorse Clinton for president — even declining to clearly argue that the man at the top of his own ticket, Gary Johnson, would make a superior president.

“I can’t imagine that your loyalty to [the Libertarian Party] is stronger than your fear of Trump as president,” Maddow said, and Weld agreed.

“Well I’m here vouching for Mrs. Clinton,” he explained, “and I think it’s high time somebody did, and I’m doing it based on my personal experience with her. I think she deserves to have people vouch for her other than members of the Democratic National Committee, so I’m here to do that.”
Weld also broke with his own campaign’s statement on the recent developments in Clinton’s email investigation, arguing that FBI Director James Comey’s decision to reopen the inquiry was more about politics than real questions about Clinton’s actions.

“You know, in fairness, Gary and I have not agreed on a number of substantive issues in this campaign,” Weld added.

Still, Weld’s biggest betrayal arguably came when Maddow asked whether he “honestly believe[s] that Gary Johnson would be a better president than Hillary Clinton.”

“I think [Johnson would] be capable of being a good chief executive and yes, a commander in chief, Aleppo to the contrary notwithstanding,” Weld said. “He was a strong governor.”
So there you have it. Veep 101 is that you don’t describe other presidential candidates in more favorable terms than the name above yours.
In short, this is an inexcusable muddling of the libertarian message that goes well beyond lost opportunity or embarrassing gaffes and brain farts. The single most valuable electoral appeal libertarians have is that we’re not Democrats or Republicans. In 2016 specifically, it’s that we don’t support Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Weld just took a sledgehammer to that advantage.
More: http://rare.us/story/bill-welds-embrace-of-hillary-clinton-directly-undermines-libertarians-unique-appeal/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4Fkiu2nak

11-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Guess who isn't going to the be the LP nominee in '20?

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2016, 09:03 PM
If he's gonna betray his own party, he should at least do it for a worthwhile candidate, like Trump

Well, to balance out Weld, maybe Johnson will endorse McMuffin.

TheTexan
11-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Well, to balance out Weld, maybe Johnson will endorse McMuffin.

Have you seen McMuffin's VP?

I would vote for her any day

asurfaholic
11-02-2016, 09:17 PM
well.... there goes any chance of the LP getting my vote.

All is well though, Rand has been giving some great interviews recently, i had pretty much decided to write him in.

My conscience will be clear.

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Have you seen McMuffin's VP?

I would vote for her any day

Pics or it didn't happen.

TheTexan
11-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

I might write her in for Trump's VP. I dont like Pence very much

http://images.politico.com/global/arena/110427_finn_376.jpg

bunklocoempire
11-02-2016, 11:27 PM
This can be a learning experience or a mistake.

More party desperation at the RPFs or...? All is forgiven, we all learn at different times in our lives. Let's hope for a learning experience.:)

(twice a W voter):o

Champuckett
11-02-2016, 11:36 PM
There was a reason Weld barely won the VP nomination and Sharpe came a close 2nd on the 2nd ballot. This guy is a snake in the grass, which is what a large portion of libertarians could see a mile away and why a near plurality voted against the guy. He never should have won, but the GJ effort to court delegates on his side well in advance of the convention in comparison to the other candidates is what ultimately gave us someone as terrible as Weld.

If there are people interested in the 2020 LP nomination, and there definitely are, they need to be working on it already or you will lose to a half foot in, half foot out establishment candidate like GJ, who is most certainly willing to do the extensive work to win, and will bring their unprincipled fellows along for the ride.

Occam's Banana
11-03-2016, 12:06 AM
I hope even our purists on RPF can now see this, and this is the purists test as well, if you are as pure and noble as you have been claimed to be this whole election cycle I don't know how you can still vote LP and maintain your nobility and purity politically.

LMAO. You obviously haven't been paying any attention if you actually think that we "purists on RPF" support the LP's pathetic joke of a ticket.

The Johnson/LP boosters tend to be just as prone to complaining about us "purists" as the Trump supporters are ...

ProBlue33
11-03-2016, 01:10 AM
I noticed r3volution 3.0 didn't dare post in this thread, even though he was here posting in other threads tonight.

I guess one can handle only so much humiliation per day.

fcreature
11-03-2016, 08:18 AM
I don't think there were many enthusiastic GJ supporters here this cycle. I've stated all along that the only reason I'm voting L this election cycle is to support their getting 5%. Anyway, this shouldn't really bother the Trump people around here as his support for Hillary has never been an issue for them.

Now I might just write Ron Paul in.

Jesse James
11-03-2016, 08:30 AM
I don't think there were many enthusiastic GJ supporters here this cycle. I've stated all along that the only reason I'm voting L this election cycle is to support their getting 5%. Anyway, this shouldn't really bother the Trump people around here as his support for Hillary has never been an issue for them.

if you are going to go vote, may as well vote for the best guy possible. (RON)

Brian4Liberty
11-03-2016, 12:18 PM
I might write her in for Trump's VP. I dont like Pence very much

http://images.politico.com/global/arena/110427_finn_376.jpg

Eh.

Pizzo
11-03-2016, 12:25 PM
It's going to be fun staying home on election day this year.

devil21
11-03-2016, 12:40 PM
It's going to be fun staying home on election day this year.

You could leave POTUS and other Federal offices blank and just vote for local offices that directly affect you daily and/or local/state measures. Everyone in states with mj stuff on the ballot better go vote!

dean.engelhardt
11-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Gary Johnson needs to says something about this very soon. He can't have the VP candidate sabotage the party and remain quiet. I'll still vote for Gary Johnson, hope they at least make the 5% and block either candidate from 270. I believe November 8th will be the last day of Weld the libertarian. If the LP get near 10% this year they might attract a candidate that can win in 2020.

Lets hope the 2020 ticket will is Ron and Rand Paul.

euphemia
11-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Today is the last day of early voting in Tennessee. Beautiful day.

I voted today. Holy guacamole people are angry out there. By law I could have requested to move to the front of the line (obvious difficulty walking and standing and use a cane), but I was okay to wait. The line moved very quickly. I was glad to get out of there, though.

Did not vote for Johnson/Weld. Did not hear them mentioned at all by anyone.

Mordan
11-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Weld is a fucking mole. It is so easy to corrupt weak LP candidates. Again I will repeat the system is designed against 3rd parties. Why are you voting for them since RP said it was just not worth it running as a 3rd party. You don't get it do you?

You guys are delusional. 3rd parties never exist in winner take all. Several parties only exists in proportional allocations.

Mordan
11-03-2016, 02:49 PM
And 3rd parties are not inherently better. Look at the disastrous LP ticket. It is a complete joke.

AuH20
11-03-2016, 02:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVA2V2Z0hQU

Athan
11-03-2016, 03:18 PM
The libertarian party has been compromised and infested by the statist's tentacles. Either purge it from this cancer or stop promoting it as a better alternative. I say this as someone who has been voting libertarian since 2000. Ever since they started gaining steam, the social justice warriors, neocons, and statists have been slowly infiltrating.

Just like they did with that chick Jill Stein who's VP is connected to Sorors. Their tentacles need to be cut off. Not just repudiated.

We have already seen how they have been co-opting movements like Operation Wall Street from Anonymous and the Tea Party from the Ron Paul Revolution, and on and on.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-03-2016, 03:35 PM
The libertarian party has been compromised and infested by the statist's tentacles. Either purge it from this cancer or stop promoting it as a better alternative. I say this as someone who has been voting libertarian since 2000. Ever since they started gaining steam, the social justice warriors, neocons, and statists have been slowly infiltrating.

Just like they did with that chick Jill Stein who's VP is connected to Sorors. Their tentacles need to be cut off. Not just repudiated.

We have already seen how they have been co-opting movements like Operation Wall Street from Anonymous and the Tea Party from the Ron Paul Revolution, and on and on.

A good thrashing with Johnson barely ending up with 1-2%, barely better than 2012, may drive this point home. If these experienced wishy-washy moderates can't perform in any meaningful way, and subtly shill for creeps like Hillary, then what's the point in nominating them?

Better to get half a percent with a real libertarian than one or two points with frauds like Weld.

Mordan
11-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Libertarians for WW3..... where are those principled Purists gonna hide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVA2V2Z0hQU

undergroundrr
11-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Not sure why everybody is so outraged about this. Weld was a troubling choice for VP from day one. The LP at large gambled that his name recognition, record and connections could get them the attention and funding to poll well for the debates. It didn't work out and now the LP rank-and-file is either totally ambivalent or realizes it was a stupid gamble. Meanwhile, Weld is just networking for his next gig like always. Take a look at all the Youtube comments from liberals that loved him in this Maddow interview.

It's valuable for the LP to get 5% this cycle. GJ says he's not running for pres again after this. Hopefully those activist libertarians who have given up on changing the Republican Party will get involved with the LP and do what it takes to field a good candidate for 2020. And BTW, Mackey, Petersen and Parry weren't good candidates either IMO - all novices with a sheen of crazy or hot-headed. The LP is small and easy for the establishment to game unless dedicated individuals help build a firewall within the LP organization.

If Hillary wins, the LP stands to make a huge impact next election. Probably not if trump wins.

Jesse James
11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Weld is a $#@!ing mole. It is so easy to corrupt weak LP candidates. Again I will repeat the system is designed against 3rd parties. Why are you voting for them since RP said it was just not worth it running as a 3rd party. You don't get it do you?

You guys are delusional. 3rd parties never exist in winner take all. Several parties only exists in proportional allocations.
Ron

said to vote 3rd party

Jesse James
11-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Mackey, Petersen and Parry were good candidates either IMO - all novices with a sheen of crazy or hot-headed.
and

all were worse than Gary.

Champuckett
11-03-2016, 09:59 PM

This is the one saving grace I can glean from voting for the LP ticket this election. Getting 5% in a state seems to be a worthwhile endeavor if you still have any hope for a 3rd party group. Maybe we get a real libertarian in there in 2020, maybe we don't. Recent history of Barr, Johnson, Johnson does not bold well for the LP however, so cynicism is completely understandable.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2016, 03:29 AM
Bryan, is it time now to take down Johnson/Weld as a "liberty candidate"? :p

dean.engelhardt
11-04-2016, 07:09 AM
I watched the entire Rachel Maddow interview, and it is worse than the clip. Weld actively campaigned for Clinton, a candidate that goes against LP platform. I had my mind made up to vote for Johnson as soon as he was nominated. I voted for him in 2012. Now I am 75%.

I got an email from Weld last night and replied that he needs to step down. I called for Weld's resignation in the Libertarian discussion group.

The Libertarian Party is having a crisis of leadership by not taking action against Weld. Gary Johnson is showing weakness by doing nothing. He needs to have a press conference today and demand Weld leave the campaign. This is the only way Johnson get back to 5% or have a chance to keep either candidate for 270.

If Gary Johnson cannot address and correct this situation, it changes my view of his ability to be president. A Ron Paul write-in is a serious possibility for me now. Maybe Vermin Supreme.

I should have just listened to Gunny!

adam220891
11-04-2016, 07:44 AM
This is the worst ticket on the election. I would rather vote to MAGA than this garbage. I expected garbage from the D and R tickets, and the L ticket had so much potentially. Totally wasted.

Big L = complete garbage.

dean.engelhardt
11-04-2016, 07:56 AM
This is the worst ticket on the election. I would rather vote to MAGA than this garbage. I expected garbage from the D and R tickets, and the L ticket had so much potentially. Totally wasted.

Big L = complete garbage.

Bill Weld endorses this post.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2016, 09:43 AM
I watched the entire Rachel Maddow interview, and it is worse than the clip. Weld actively campaigned for Clinton, a candidate that goes against LP platform. I had my mind made up to vote for Johnson as soon as he was nominated. I voted for him in 2012. Now I am 75%.

I got an email from Weld last night and replied that he needs to step down. I called for Weld's resignation in the Libertarian discussion group.

The Libertarian Party is having a crisis of leadership by not taking action against Weld. Gary Johnson is showing weakness by doing nothing. He needs to have a press conference today and demand Weld leave the campaign. This is the only way Johnson get back to 5% or have a chance to keep either candidate for 270.

If Gary Johnson cannot address and correct this situation, it changes my view of his ability to be president. A Ron Paul write-in is a serious possibility for me now. Maybe Vermin Supreme.

I should have just listened to Gunny!

I told you right from the start that the guy was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and that he also co-chaired the CFR Task Force, with reps from the U.S., Canada and Mexico about a North American Union. That should have told you all you needed to know.

Sola_Fide
11-04-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm with Weld! Hillary has better moral character than Trump. Hillary 2016!

CPUd
11-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Today is the last day of early voting in Tennessee. Beautiful day.

I voted today. Holy guacamole people are angry out there. By law I could have requested to move to the front of the line (obvious difficulty walking and standing and use a cane), but I was okay to wait. The line moved very quickly. I was glad to get out of there, though.

Did not vote for Johnson/Weld. Did not hear them mentioned at all by anyone.

I've seen a lot of Johnson signs in Wilson County.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2016, 09:56 AM
I'm with Weld! Hillary has better moral character than Trump. Hillary 2016!

Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

dean.engelhardt
11-04-2016, 10:46 AM
I told you right from the start that the guy was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and that he also co-chaired the CFR Task Force, with reps from the U.S., Canada and Mexico about a North American Union. That should have told you all you needed to know.

Today I eat crow.

undergroundrr
11-04-2016, 11:29 AM
and

all were worse than Gary.

That was a mistype (were should have been weren't) that I corrected later. I totally agree with you.

11-04-2016, 05:41 PM
There was a reason Weld barely won the VP nomination and Sharpe came a close 2nd on the 2nd ballot. This guy is a snake in the grass, which is what a large portion of libertarians could see a mile away and why a near plurality voted against the guy. He never should have won, but the GJ effort to court delegates on his side well in advance of the convention in comparison to the other candidates is what ultimately gave us someone as terrible as Weld.

If there are people interested in the 2020 LP nomination, and there definitely are, they need to be working on it already or you will lose to a half foot in, half foot out establishment candidate like GJ, who is most certainly willing to do the extensive work to win, and will bring their unprincipled fellows along for the ride.

But the LP needs candidates like Johnson/Weld if they are going to get anywhere. Ok well there certainly is a a case for maybe not Weld now, but anyway. Former governors, Senators or Congressmen with name recognition. Name recognition and credibility is the only reason they are doing so well now. A stripping fat guy, a greasy dude who wants sex with kids, etc are never going to win national elections.

silverhandorder
11-04-2016, 05:47 PM
They are not doing well at all.

BamaAla
11-04-2016, 06:07 PM
There is a girl from my hometown who is a...well I don't know what she identifies as anymore but she was at one time a libertarian and she has a bit of a following on facebook that tends toward "libertarianism." I saw today more than 1 person was on her page talking about how good Johnson/Weld have been for libertarianism and how much better off the party will be when the sexist, racist, and bigoted Ron Paul people leave the party.

I say all that to say that there are libertarians who are very happy with this ticket.

undergroundrr
11-04-2016, 07:00 PM
There is a girl from my hometown who is a...well I don't know what she identifies as anymore but she was at one time a libertarian and she has a bit of a following on facebook that tends toward "libertarianism." I saw today more than 1 person was on her page talking about how good Johnson/Weld have been for libertarianism and how much better off the party will be when the sexist, racist, and bigoted Ron Paul people leave the party.

I say all that to say that there are libertarians who are very happy with this ticket.

Exactly. RPF is a fishbowl of mostly paleos, representing the macho don't-take-shit-from-nobody, anti-CRM contingent of libertarianism. You may find libertarians in the wider world don't have the same kind of triggers as some of those here. Now that the debates are a done deal, it really doesn't matter a heck of a lot what Johnson or Weld say. They're on track to do better than any other LP ticket, but I'm resigned it still won't be enough to threaten the two-party system.

Jerry C
11-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Weld and Johnson are both establishment puppets, the libertarian party has been sadly infiltrated by globalists.

I saw today more than 1 person was on her page talking about how good Johnson/Weld have been for libertarianism and how much better off the party will be when the sexist, racist, and bigoted Ron Paul people leave the party.
Based on how fast and far the Libertarian Party is crumbling, they may get their wish. This is why I stress that I am a small l libertarian, usurpers like that may take over but I will never recognize them as libertarian.

osan
11-06-2016, 04:21 AM
I wonder how much he got paid to say those things.

This is just surreal.

osan
11-06-2016, 04:27 AM
Bill Weld is a CFR traitor, just like Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfpgl6NqF0I

They are contemporaries of the elite, CFR members defend each other.

Holy hell... "rigid ideologies". Yeah, like freedom. No place in the modern world for that.

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2016, 04:42 AM
That was a mistype (were should have been weren't) that I corrected later. I totally agree with you.

I'd have voted for McAffee.

osan
11-06-2016, 05:03 AM
I'd have voted for McAffee.

I may write him in... if I can.

That, or just stay home. I think I am pretty well over all of this nonsense.

idiom
11-06-2016, 05:40 AM
Establishment gonna establish

Peace&Freedom
11-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Weld and Johnson are both establishment puppets, the libertarian party has been sadly infiltrated by globalists.

Based on how fast and far the Libertarian Party is crumbling, they may get their wish. This is why I stress that I am a small l libertarian, usurpers like that may take over but I will never recognize them as libertarian.

The LP periodically feels the practical need to have Presidential candidates whose political credentials are "serious" as far as most people or the MSM would perceive. Being past or present elected to major office (Governor, Congress) satisfies most observers on that front, so that was the main reason the party went for Ron Paul in '88, and Barr or Johnson since 2008. But this credibility shortcut tactic has been proving to be fool's gold in terms of earning better coverage and name recognition---I and my sister still get mostly "Gary who, Bill who?" responses from regular people when raising their names as candidates, despite their being both ex-Governors.

So regardless of how Johnson does, or what damage Weld has done undermining him with pro-Hillary comments, I expect a 'return to purity' come 2020 with the LP selecting a more traditional principled candidate with ideologically 'perfect vision' to make up for the pragmatic choices the party made the last few cycles. There is also talk that the pro-liberty parts of the populist grassroots may elect to try to take over the LP in the next few years, so its candidates are more in line with the entire liberty movement going forward.

anaconda
11-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Guess who isn't going to the be the LP nominee in '20?

Anyone worthwhile?

anaconda
11-06-2016, 08:48 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41eYNo3Hq0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

devil21
11-07-2016, 04:00 AM
Anyone worthwhile?

Christie/Giuliani 2020!