PDA

View Full Version : A Possible Idea for Foreigner Support

jjockers
12-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I read somewhere on here that foreigners can legally chipin to funds that are used solely to educate US citizens about voting/election (but no particular candidate).

My idea: Fund a commercial campaign similar to "Truth" with the aim of exposing the constitution to the general public who would otherwise never read it. If we can educate the masses here in the US about our own constitution, it would surely 'serve' Ron Paul's message :)

What do you think?

The irony, of course, is that foreigners would be educating us about our own constitution:D

jjockers
12-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Bumping my own post here.

idiom
12-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Its easier for us to do it in our own countries. Their are a lot more American Tourists not being reached than those that are. Let us start there.

jondisx
12-09-2007, 11:37 AM
jjockers idea is huge, you should get on that.

Kingfisher
12-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Go for it

szczebrzeszyn
12-09-2007, 11:58 AM
USA is not some third world tyranny that needs support from the outside world. Any financial support from foreigners, be it direct or indirect, is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Mark
12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I read somewhere on here that foreigners can legally chipin to funds that are used solely to educate US citizens about voting/election (but no particular candidate).

My idea: Fund a commercial campaign similar to "Truth" with the aim of exposing the constitution to the general public who would otherwise never read it. If we can educate the masses here in the US about our own constitution, it would surely 'serve' Ron Paul's message :)

What do you think?

The irony, of course, is that foreigners would be educating us about our own constitution:D

I bought a new domain name, newpress.tv, night before last to start a new news service that will be a mission of my Organization.

Of course, I don't have a website ready yet, but I hope to soon as time permits.

But to verify, yes, I posted about this earlier in reference to a similar question.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50018&page=4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nonelection Activity by Foreign Nationals

Despite the general prohibition on foreign national contributions and donations,
foreign nationals may lawfully engage in political activity that is not connected
with any election to political office at the federal, state, or local levels.
The FEC has clarified such activity with respect to individuals' activities.

In Advisory Opinion 1989-32 (http://ao.nictusa.com/ao/no/890032.html),
the Commission concluded that although foreign nationals could make disbursements solely to influence ballot issues,
a foreign national could not contribute to a ballot committee that had coordinated its efforts with a nonfederal candidate's re-election campaign.

In Advisory Opinion 1984-41 (http://ao.nictusa.com/ao/no/840041.html),
the Commission allowed a foreign national to underwrite the broadcast of apolitical ads
that attempted to expose the alleged political bias of the media.

The Commission found that these ads were not election influencing because they did not mention candidates,
political offices, political parties, incumbent federal officeholders or any past or future election. [3] (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/foreign.shtml#ftn3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pick an issue. Foreign Nationals can underwrite ads about it.

~~~~~~~~~

jjockers
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
USA is not some third world tyranny that needs support from the outside world. Any financial support from foreigners, be it direct or indirect, is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Never said we were a third world tyranny.

The idea I posted above is only useful if there is a huge outcry outside of the US for Ron Paul, enough of one to fund a commercial campaign similar to the "Truth" series. I posted this at a time when several other 'foreigner want to help' posts were behind made. If other countries want us out of their lives and could finance it, they wouldn't mind teaching us about our very own constitution, I would suspect.

That being said, I do not think there is enough support here for such a huge international endeavor. Prove me wrong?

DealzOnWheelz
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey if you want to do like TRUTH you should have one of the ads start out with reading from the constitution and a Constitutional lawyer breaking down what it means and then ...

Confront a congressman that voted for an unconstitutional bill with the constitution.

"Congressmen Suchnsuch you voted for the Patriot act correct?"

congressman "Yes I did"

"Well the constitution says blah blah blah What do you have to say about that?"

congressman "unh umm I have to go!!"

or maybe even put a copy of the declaration of independance and constitution on the ground for him to step on.

Which gives me another idea!!!!!!!!
I'll post a thread in a second

jjockers
12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
bump

bp2519
12-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm Canadian and would love to donate somehow