PDA

View Full Version : Technically...

AlexMerced
12-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Ron Paul has never lost an election on the republican ticket, so why start now :)

plus he always destroyed the competition, why stop now :)

MrKoffee
12-09-2007, 10:25 AM
One thing I realized about Dr. Paul early on is that he is used to standing alone so whether he has 100 million supporters or 100 supporters he will not give up spreading his message. He's been speaking the same message for 30 years and nothing has deterred him. Whatever happens in 2008 one thing is for sure, as Dr. Paul stated "No army can stop an idea who's time has come."

At 20 years old Ron Paul has actually become a personal hero and role model for me. If there's anything I've learned from this man's behavior it's to stick to principle and do what's right regardless of what people think about you or your ideas. For that I have the most profound respect for him.

This is not just a battle for the Presidency, it's an idealogical battle for our nation. Even if Dr. Paul is sworn in January 2009 it's not over, we still have a house, senate, and supreme court we need to take. I hope that I can eventually find the time and knowledge to participate, perhaps run for local office? Who knows, I hope some other supporters decide to do so as well.

Mister Grieves
12-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I think he lost a senate run in the 80's.

AlexMerced
12-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I am confident we'll have the white house, I am learning about NY politics to run myself

so yes, don't worry monay of us are working on it, if you want to help me in my efforts...

http://www.myspace.com/mercedforfreedom

since you bring it up

Bradley in DC
12-09-2007, 10:37 AM
He lost his first run for Congress in 1974 as a Republican and his first re-election campaign to Congress and his Senate primary race against Phil Gramm. He also briefly ran for the Republican nomination for President in 1992 but got out of the race when Buchanan entered and endorsed him (before any of the primaries).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

AlexMerced
12-09-2007, 10:39 AM
lol, I stand corrected, still, he's done prettty well latley

MrKoffee
12-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I call him energizer Ron, he keeps going and going no matter what obstacles come in his way.

AlexMerced
12-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I thought the Goku from DBZ anology was a good one, Buchanon being Vegita