PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Your Prefered Name for Us

LBT
12-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Paulites, Paulians, Paulbots, Pauliticians, Paulunteers, Americans, Paleoconservatives, Libertarians, Patriots, Revolutionaries...

After 135 posts discussing our prefered name here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50008

I've collected most of the serious suggestions for us to vote on, so as to get an idea of how they rate in popularity.

I've also set up a webpage on the topic, that may be used to refer media to, and for general interest. http://www.squidoo.com/ronpaulremnant
Feel free to make suggestions about that content.

On that page I also include multi-word terms, but there is not enough room to include all these in this poll. We can conduct another poll to rate / compare those also.

From the previous thread, I don't think we can achieve consensus on any single term, so I think the term 'The Remant' as Ron Paul has refered to us, seems as good a word as any to offer as a generalization of who we are.

So please vote on your favorite and post your comments / other preferences.

Note: I ran out of spaces and didn't include 'The Remnant', as Ron Paul refers to us, in the choices. Please add your opinion of that term.

Real_CaGeD
12-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Ronulans.

Live long and prosper.

LBT
12-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Ronulans.

Live long and prosper.
Sorry if I ignored that from the previous thread, but I thought it was a joke. What does it refer to?

FrankRep
12-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Constitutionalist

RPatTheBeach
12-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Labels are bad.

MozoVote
12-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I think there will be some kind of label attached to the movement when the election is over. We probably should adopt something we're comfortable with, versus letting the media select it.

If you look into history, there are other examples like the 'Mugwumps', 'No-nothings', 'Stalwarts' etc. that were part of American politics. (Although our impact should not fade into history like those.)

LBT
12-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Labels are bad.
I'm not trying to create a single label to describe us, but the media will.

I think it is good if we can show them terms that we find more agreeable than others.

We don't want labels like Paulheads to go unchallenged.

And Ron Paul has refered to us as 'The Remnant'. That is a label I, one I think most of us are happy to wear. That doesn't mean we are boxed in by it.

JenHarris
12-09-2007, 09:56 AM
While I actually like Revolutionary best, I really feel that it won't click with the media or people who don't know who we are if it doesn't have Paul's name in it. I voted for Paulite, but I'd really prefer to just be called a Paul supporter.

MozoVote
12-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah I'd hate for the media to select something like 'The Paullution of the GOP' lol

kevinblack
12-09-2007, 09:58 AM
You left out my favorites:

Ron Paul Suppoters

Real_CaGeD
12-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Sorry if I ignored that from the previous thread, but I thought it was a joke. What does it refer to?

Romulans are a fictional alien species in the Star Trek universe related to Vulcans. They are characterized as passionate, cunning, and opportunistic. They are the dominant race of the Romulan Star Empire, one of the larger empires in the Alpha Quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy.

They made their first appearance in the 1966 episode "Balance of Terror" and were eventually featured in all six Star Trek series. The Romulans were created by Paul Schneider, who said "it was a matter of developing a good Romanesque set of admirable antagonists... an extension of the Roman civilization to the point of space travel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulan

bulloncoins
12-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Labels are bad.

+1

Americans -

LBT
12-09-2007, 10:08 AM
You left out my favorites:

Ron Paul Suppoters
I will include some of the popular multi-word terms in a later vote and contrast them with the top 3 from this vote at a later date.

TomTX
12-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Ron Paul Republican

LBT
12-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Romulans are a fictional alien species in the Star Trek universe related to Vulcans. They are characterized as passionate, cunning, and opportunistic. They are the dominant race of the Romulan Star Empire, one of the larger empires in the Alpha Quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy.

They made their first appearance in the 1966 episode "Balance of Terror" and were eventually featured in all six Star Trek series. The Romulans were created by Paul Schneider, who said "it was a matter of developing a good Romanesque set of admirable antagonists... an extension of the Roman civilization to the point of space travel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulan
I can see why you like it:D
Any more want to vote for Ronulans?

RTsquared
12-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I cast my vote for Paulenteers, but Ronulans would be preferable IMO.

lynnf
12-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Paulites, Paulians, Paulbots, Pauliticians, Paulunteers, Americans, Paleoconservatives, Libertarians, Patriots, Revolutionaries...

After 135 posts discussing our prefered name here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50008

I've collected most of the serious suggestions for us to vote on, so as to get an idea of how they rate in popularity.

I've also set up a webpage on the topic, that may be used to refer media to, and for general interest. http://www.squidoo.com/ronpaulremnant
Feel free to make suggestions about that content.

On that page I also include multi-word terms, but there is not enough room to include all these in this poll. We can conduct another poll to rate / compare those also.

From the previous thread, I don't think we can achieve consensus on any single term, so I think the term 'The Remant' as Ron Paul has refered to us, seems as good a word as any to offer as a generalization of who we are.

So please vote on your favorite and post your comments / other preferences.

Note: I ran out of spaces and didn't include 'The Remnant', as Ron Paul refers to us, in the choices. Please add your opinion of that term.

c'mon people, get real. we need to have a name that is unique to us.
that leaves out Americans, Paleoconservatives, Libertarians, Patriots, Revolutionaries, Constitutionalists because those apply to people other than Ron Paul supporters, too. Remnant also falls into this category due to its application to those that returned from Babylon to Israel (and other places) in the Bible.

other names like Ronulans and Paulians will only be subject to ridicule....

Paulites is too much like Luddites -- negative connotations

lynn

10thAmendmentMan
12-09-2007, 10:26 AM
None of the above. I prefer to be referred to as "Bob."

The Plan
12-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry yo ruin the party but i already stated a thread about this with a poll before this one was posted

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50279

fortilite
12-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Liberty Movement

Exponent
12-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I didn't really like any of them. "Individuals" is what I'd prefer, but obviously too generic for what you're shooting for. I guess I simply don't wanna be lumped into a group.

JoeySweets
12-09-2007, 10:34 AM
PAULHEADS,

you know like PotterHeads

Dutch
12-09-2007, 10:36 AM
The first thing I thought of when I heard "Paulheads" was Fredheads :eek:

My favorite: "Ron Paul Republicans".

Dutch

jumpyg1258
12-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Left out my two favorites:

Ron Paul Republicans

and

Pauliticians

LBT
12-09-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry yo ruin the party but i already stated a thread about this with a poll before this one was posted

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50279
Sorry I didn't notice that thread when it came up. I notice Patriots rated quite well in your poll.

I guess more data doesn't hurt.

hawkeyenick
12-09-2007, 10:48 AM
You forgot Pauliticians!

RPinSEAZ
12-09-2007, 10:51 AM
This is stupid. We're Americans. Your Paulxxxxx labels mark us as different than others and we're not. We just have some knowledge that others don't.

LBT
12-10-2007, 05:53 AM
//

Starks
12-10-2007, 05:57 AM
I prefer 'Paul Bearers'.

lynnf
12-10-2007, 06:18 AM
I prefer 'Paul Bearers'.

sorry, that won't work - it would imply a funeral, and I'm sure that you can figure out whose funeral the mainstream media would tag it to.

bless the other person that voted for RePaulicans, at least I'm not totally alone on that.

for various reasons listed elsewhere in this thread, most suggested names carry
baggage that disqualify them -- especailly those multi-worded names. it should be
only one word, at the most two if it was an especially catchy and appropriate name

keep trying!

lynn

coboman
12-10-2007, 06:30 AM
PAULTARDS. I love that one.

FrankRep
12-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Ron Paul Republicans

V-rod
12-10-2007, 06:56 AM
How about Ronnies?

DarkLaw
12-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Yeah! I tied the vote for 'Americans'

...if that is actually something one has bragging rights over...?