PDA

View Full Version : The Consequences of Being Politically Incorrect

Anti Federalist
10-28-2016, 06:35 PM
The Consequences of Being Politically Incorrect

http://ericpetersautos.com/2016/10/28/consequences-politically-incorrect/

Well, at least they aren’t sending us to camps… yet.

That’s probably next. One thing does follow another, like dominos. The logic of it being as inexorable, ultimately, as gravitational pull.

So I ought not to be surprised that GM has pulled its panties tight and told me I will no longer be granted access to GM press vehicles because of the article (this one) I wrote a few weeks back about GM’s retiring Vice President of Diversity, the right reverend Dr. Eric Peterson, LLD, DDS.

Well, GM hasn’t said it’s because of that.

Sort of like not mentioning the role of the Moon’s pull on the inflow of the tide.

It is just coincidence that, after an unbroken 23-year run of regular access to GM’s press fleet, of having written for almost every major auto mag/paper/web site, including cars.com, TheCarConnection, AOL Autos, The Detroit Free Press, Chicago Tribune, major airlines’ in-flight magazines… it just happens that a couple of weeks after that article ran, I get a sour note from Joseph LaMuraglia of GM’s “media team” (we’re all team players!) that their internal metrics or some such criteria as fed into an algorithm have spat out the result that I am no longer eligible:

Eric,

Thank you for your notes. As I mentioned before, we are in the midst of a restructuring of our fleets to reduce costs. This cost reduction involves reducing the number of vehicles and consequently, the number of loans we offer.

Unfortunately, based on the responses you provided on the survey and the facts stated above, we cannot offer you any vehicles at this time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Joe LaMuraglia

joseph.lamuraglia@chevrolet.com

Meanwhile, EPAutos has more eyes on it than my old newspaper – The Washington Times – ever did.

I mentioned this to LaMuraglia without effect.

He, of course, did not mention the Peterson article, the true source of the trouble.

Someone inside GM saw it and – no doubt – an outgushing of micro (and macro) aggressed aggrievement erupted.

Within the company, to show less than orgiastic enthusiasm for “diversity” – however defined by the perpetually aggrieved – is a worse offense than forged engineering credentials or having designed a defective engine. One must demonstrate the sort of striving joy toward Persons of Color (except one color) described by Orwell when he portrayed the yoga-suited harpie female exercise (“physical jerks”) leader who put Winston Smith through his paces.

“You’re not trying, Comrade! Anyone under 40 is perfectly capable of touching his toes! Watch me. I am 35 and I have had three children. There! That’s better!”

This isn’t just GM; the entire industry is lousy with racial (and sexual) Stalinism. To be white and male is to be a cretin by default who must genuflect and atone; who must never, ever evince the slightest hesitation about embracing diversity.

Your Libertarian Car Guy pulled away from the camel clutch – and now GM wants to make me hombel.

Not just me, either.

The message is clear: Do not criticize the gods else the gods will be angered. Cue smoke, glowing eyes and – where possible – thunderbolts of punishment.

Oz is affronted!

Well, good. It’s high time.

Racial animosity – on the part of most whites – is a phantom menace. Myself – and other white guys I know – haven’t done any oppressing lately.

I have, however, rolled my eyes at race-hustling “journalists” Of Color who hector the car company marketing/PR people at press conferences with race-laced questions about what efforts the company is making toward “increasing diversity” and “appealing to the (put racial/sexual/preferential category here, except straight white male) “community.”

That is crime enough.

Writing an actual column along those lines amounts to a capital offense – or the next best thing.

I have been privileged (not in the racial entitlement sense) to have interviewed guys like Bill Porter, the Pontiac engineer who designed the gorgeous Honeycomb wheels that grace my ’76 Trans-Am and also early GTOs and other classic Pontiacs. I am privileged to know Martyn Schorr – a name car guys will immediately recognize. I have become friends with many people inside GM, some of whom remain – but must remain silent, else they will no longer remain there.

The business is no longer about cars. It is about politics.

Truckling, kowtowing and ass-licking.

And it will be their undoing.

The diversity mongers may have noticed that people begin to not care about cars much anymore. It is a dying business. Because who gets passionate about the number of air bags a car has? Its crash test scores?

Whether an ad campaign is “diverse” enough?

I touched the third rail. I mentioned an unmentionable, in print no less.

Well, so be it.

I’m not getting rich doing this. At least I have the compensation of knowing I didn’t suck the rancid tit when it was presented. Others who get paid more can do that.

They have earned it, I suppose.

Anti Federalist
10-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Vice President of Diversity

http://ericpetersautos.com/2016/10/01/vice-president-diversity/

by eric • October 1, 2016

http://ericpetersautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Peterson-lead-560x350.jpg

They used to hire mainly engineers to work at car companies.

Where they used to mainly design and build cars.

Now they have vice presidents of diversity.

At least, GM does.

A guy named Eric Peterson (no relation to this writer) just resigned the gig, where he worked with the National Association of Minority Automobile Dealers, whose president lauded Peterson as a “champion” and a “trailblazer” for “diversity.”

Translation: He used race guilt to pressure GM into making special accommodations for dealerships owned by non-whites.

And, of course, women.

Skin color (and genitalia) rather than the “content of their character” being the decisive factor.

Peterson says that “…people are the most important resource we have” and that “(we) should nurture and develop them to their maximum potential.”

Certain people.

The problem – one of them – with “diversity” is that it doesn’t mean everyone regardless of color or sex doing their thing, no one hassling anyone because of their color or sex. A merit-based system. That skin color and sex become non-issues.

It really means: Focusing on – obsessing about – race and genitalia; assigning preferred status to certain races and those with one set of genitals (but never the other).

Other races (and the male sex) need not apply.

But they’d better genuflect.

Maybe they ought to put a sign outside to let ’em know We Don’t Serve Whitey Here.

Womyn Only.

The originals were at least honest.

Bull Connor did not pretend to a “diverse” mindset. He preferred whites and preferred to avoid blacks. Like him or not, he was a straight shooter. The Diversity Mongers, in contrast, peddle the same thing (in reverse) without owning up to their race (and genitalia) obsessions. But what else is it when everything is based on race and sex?

On certain races – and just one of the two sexes?

It’s the Hapsburg Empire all over again. A polyglot society held together – barely – by fictional notions of colorblindness as a skein over very real race-and-genitalia based official/legal preferences – enforced by very real bayonets.

And we know what happened to the Hapsburg Empire… right?

Most white males – I know lots of them – don’t harbor any animosity toward blacks (or women, whether white or black) because they’re black or female and certainly aren’t interested in harming them on account of those things. They are open to doing business with – or being friends with – pretty much anyone.

But they chafe at the racial-sexual double standard that says it’s ok to actively discriminate against (and disparage) them simply because they are white (and male) while on the other hand, they must accept with a smile race-and-genitalia-based based preferential treatment of women and “minorities” (not infrequently less competent) or expect to be called “racists” (and “sexists”) for objecting.

Guys like Peterson have made a living off this.

He ought to be ashamed.

And, so should we – all of us, white and black, male and female – for tolerating it. For not standing up against it.

I include myself.

But I have an excuse, at least.

Years ago (back in the ’90s) when I first began to write about cars for a living, I attended my first “press only” events for car journalists. It was my first exposure to corporate racism (and sexism) except it was directed at me on account of my whiteness and maleness. I – and others – endured many an unctuous sermon given by guys like Peterson (every car company has one; has several… they have to… else they risk accusations of… drum roll… “racism”). And, in addition to that, the tub-thumping of race-hustling car journalists such as representatives of a publication titled, I kid you not, African Americans on Wheels.

Because black people – on account of their race – have a different (a diverse) view of what’s under the hood and how a car drives.

Which of course they do not. They surely have their own opinions, preferences and needs. We all do. But they’re not a function of race or what’s between our legs. They are an expression of our individuality, that’s all. I am not partial to classic muscle cars because I’m a white guy. I just happen to like big V8s and four barrel carbs. I know a black dude who likes these things, too. (If I told this guy he should like “black” cars – whatever that is – he’d probably want to punch me in the face or at least call me an asshole – and I’d deserve it.)

Jews in Jeeps, anyone?

No, the real reason for African Americans on Wheels was to shake down the major car companies using race guilt as the cudgel. This publication had no circulation (they gave it away, as a free insert) but lots of very expensive glossy ads. GM (and other major car companies) bought ad space in a race-hustling publication with no circulation solely and only shut up the publication’s proprietor – who would screech “racism” if they did not ante up.

They anted up.

Peterson’s career as vice president of diversity amounted to the same thing. The difference being GM’s proactiveness. Rather than just pay off a race hustler, why not hire one instead? Make a “commitment to diversity” official policy?

Which is exactly what has been done. “Diversity” – Hapsburgian racial categorization and preferential treatment – has become so pervasive and routine that we hardly notice it, much less object.

Well, we ought to object.

If the goal is a society in which race and sex no longer matter as criteria for business decisions, personal relationships and so on, we’re never going to get there by obsessing over race and sex as the criteria for business decisions and personal relationships.

Of course, saying that kind of thing openly is “racist,” right?

So be it.

Come and get me.

Mach
10-29-2016, 03:32 AM
Diversity Departments?

LOL.

We want diversity, let's take a picture of a guy dressed up like a pimp, with a new Cadillac.

I appreciated his outright bluntness while describing the final outcome. :rolleyes:

I tried to find a good quote, but it was all good.

Reminds me of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq_MZEECq68

tod evans
10-29-2016, 05:43 AM
Fuck a bunch of diversity!

And fuck the people calling for it.

phill4paul
10-29-2016, 06:24 AM
Fuck Government Motors.

Jesse James
10-29-2016, 07:04 AM
this is why i will never purchase a new car. fuck these companies

otherone
10-29-2016, 07:05 AM
The ironic part is that a select cadre of upper-caste whites are behind this.
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/lot-images.atgmedia.com/SR/35873/2873987/103-2013125175521_540x360.jpg

tod evans
10-29-2016, 07:53 AM
The ironic part is that a select cadre of upper-caste whites are behind this.

The ones I keep recommending be disemboweled on the town square?

Them and their acolytes...

otherone
10-29-2016, 08:55 AM
The ones I keep recommending be disemboweled on the town square?

Them and their acolytes...

LOL
Tod the Bolshevik!

tod evans
10-29-2016, 09:17 AM
LOL
Tod the Bolshevik!

After 40+ years of talking I'm ready for some action...

All this "freedom" that we talked about in the 60's and 70's hasn't worked out so well..

I really have no reason to think the "freedom" being discussed today is going to turn out differently.