PDA

View Full Version : Good work C-SPAN/Washington Journal Callers

LizF
12-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't know if anyone is watching C-SPAN/Washington Journal right now, but they're interviewing Thomas Beaumont from the Des Moines Register.

NB: C-SPAN posted current poll results in Iowa on the screen. I believe they only showed Romney, Huckabee, Giuliani and/or Thompson, and McCain.

Some callers have asked questions about RP & polling:

1. I heard one caller ask about the polling by the Des Moines Register; why the size of the population being polled (~600 people).

Response by Beaumont:
--DMR doesn't doesn't usually use a larger sample size because it would take more time (extra hours to make the calls) & money to do so.
--Mentioned that RP was tied w/McCain in the polls.

2. Follow-up caller asked if RP was tied w/McCain at 7% (based on Beaumont's remarks, since the viewers weren't able to see this by what C-SPAN had shown on the screen), why wasn't RP displayed on the screen as well.
--I think the host said it had something to do w/space (only show so many at a time?), but "He's on the screen now."

Good job keeping them honest folks! :D

LizF
12-09-2007, 08:11 AM
There's another caller asking about the Tea Party & the Blimp...lol.

goldstandard
12-09-2007, 08:18 AM
http://www.channelchooser.com/

Choose News - Cspan 1

unconsious767
12-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Caller:
Do kucinich, Ron Paul or Mike Gravel belong to the CFR?

Guest:
I dunno the answer to that question

LizF
12-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Caller:
Do kucinich, Ron Paul or Mike Gravel belong to the CFR?

Guest:
I dunno the answer to that question

Lol...obligatory response.

Libertarian
12-09-2007, 08:32 AM
wow...great job, whoever just called! ;)

Open lines folks...take advantage!

tsetsefly
12-09-2007, 08:45 AM
lol, we are flooding the call lines, hahahaha

LizF
12-09-2007, 08:46 AM
We're on a roll...got another caller making a distinction between Hillary & RP ==> RP as the candidate if voters want change.

LynnB
12-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Wow

Libertarian
12-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Someone just promoted Teaparty07 and told people to register Republican so they can vote for RP...Awesome.

PatriotOne
12-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I've been listening for the past 1/2 hour. RP owns C-Span open lines and Digg :)

fuzzybekool
12-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I am watching C-SPAN now and 1/2 the callers are Ron Paul callers, lol.

AWESOME !

Danny Molina
12-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I can't stop laughing. I wonder what the hosts of WJ think?

goldstandard
12-09-2007, 08:52 AM
It turned into a Dr. Paul Lovefest. Nice.:D

LizF
12-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Indeed...lol. I'm glad it's Pedro hosting and not that one host (I forget his name) who gets pissy when too many RP supporters call in. :p

To their credit, all the hosts tend to do a remarkable job of maintaining a pokerface, no matter how ridiculous the call or caller.

1913_to_2008
12-09-2007, 08:55 AM
If I had long distance I'd call.

LizF
12-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Pace yourselves callers--you don't get to call again for another month (per WJ policy)!

:p :D

Danny Molina
12-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Here use my calling card. I don't think it has much time left on it though.

----------------------

LizF
12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Hmm...a 9/11 truther, but here's a twist: he thinks RP won't do as good a job of carrying out an investigation on the attacks as Kucinich would.

So Kucinich has truthers too?

goldstandard
12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Who has got connections to the campaign? The should send them a TV ad.

1913_to_2008
12-09-2007, 09:01 AM

Wow, Thank you. I just saw it. You better edit it now.

LizF
12-09-2007, 09:01 AM

It looks like they're done w/calls.

Real_CaGeD
12-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Pedro is a great host. I called in on Norman Podhoretz a month ago and he let me make some very strong points on the neocons. Hen then backed up my comments on "every other candidate is pro war, including Demos" by reading a article on Clinton and her pro attack Iran position at the time.

If you wonder why msm is hush hush on Rudy lately it is because of Podhoretz his advisor and the Iran intel report.

Falseflagop
12-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Great work 1/2 hr of RON PAUL lovefest !!

These people watchinh were like RON PAUL hummm I better go google him now!

ksu_s13
12-09-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't know if anyone is watching C-SPAN/Washington Journal right now, but they're interviewing Thomas Beaumont from the Des Moines Register.

NB: C-SPAN posted current poll results in Iowa on the screen. I believe they only showed Romney, Huckabee, Giuliani and/or Thompson, and McCain.

Some callers have asked questions about RP & polling:

1. I heard one caller ask about the polling by the Des Moines Register; why the size of the population being polled (~600 people).

Response by Beaumont:
--DMR doesn't doesn't usually use a larger sample size because it would take more time (extra hours to make the calls) & money to do so.
--Mentioned that RP was tied w/McCain in the polls.

2. Follow-up caller asked if RP was tied w/McCain at 7% (based on Beaumont's remarks, since the viewers weren't able to see this by what C-SPAN had shown on the screen), why wasn't RP displayed on the screen as well.
--I think the host said it had something to do w/space (only show so many at a time?), but "He's on the screen now."

Good job keeping them honest folks! :D

That was me! :D I was the first caller to call into the show today (from Manhattan Kansas). I lied to the screener and said I was a Huckabee supporter! lol

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Pace yourselves callers--you don't get to call again for another month (per WJ policy)!

:p :D

Just lie. They don't know.

ksu_s13
12-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Just lie. They don't know.

Actually they do. I used to call into CSPAN a lot, and one of the screeners let it slip that they could tell that I was calling within 30 days.

PatriotOne
12-09-2007, 04:15 PM
They need to change the name of C-Spans open line to the Ron Paul happy hour...:cool:

ProfNo
12-09-2007, 04:32 PM
That was me! :D I was the first caller to call into the show today (from Manhattan Kansas). I lied to the screener and said I was a Huckabee supporter! lol

Classic ;)

More seriously though, what is the state of this country that Ron Paul supports have to lie about who they support to get on the air?

Swmorgan77
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
youtube?

Myerz
12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Ya...come on You Tube it!

hawkeyenick
12-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Why do people keep brining this stuff up and then not youtubing it?

IT'S ANNOYING!

user
12-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Nice work, too bad the average GOP member is not watching C-SPAN.

doronster195
12-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Youtube!

unconsious767
12-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Well to be fair, the person bringing up the subject may not have the means to record it, and is just letting someone who can record it know.

In my case, I can only get it from the web afterwards. So I have to wait for it to appear on the web, capture it, THEN WATCH IT. This is a 1 hr show for example, and I have to note the times which would be worthy of cutting. Then I have to cut it, and since it's realvideo I have to convert it also. It's a real pain -- get it?? heh

Anyhow, I'm gonna try and watch it now to note the times of interest. But since there's a debate tonight I dunno when it'll get done.

My only gripe would be that the person starting the thread who does not themselves post the video, should put the video link in the first post once it is eventually posted.

doronster195
12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Youtube Bump!

Eric21ND
12-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Where can you view the video on C-SPAN?

unconsious767
12-09-2007, 06:58 PM
1 hr show on cspan:
http://anonym.to?http://www.c-span.org/videoarchives.asp?CatCodePairs=Series,WJE

youtube of relevant parts:
http://anonym.to?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOC-zMrLG-Y

sorry, the first few times I uploaded, conversion failed - possibly because of the filename.

snowgoosebob
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
You will need Realplayer to play

Thomas Beaumont C-span Segment Starts at 1:32:42
Thomas Beaumont C-span Phone Calls Start at 1:43:15

rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/wj120907.rm

LizF
12-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Why do people keep brining this stuff up and then not youtubing it?

IT'S ANNOYING!

:rolleyes:

I don't know what your problem is, but my purpose in posting was simply to let folks on the Forums know about the WJ program on live TV in case they wanted to watch it (live) as well. I happened to tune in to the discussion mid-program, and lucked out on hearing the reporter discussing the Iowa Caucus, as well as the follow-up calls about RP.

Neither I, nor anyone else on this forum, has an obligation to cater to you (or anyone else) to make YouTube clips. If someone has the equipment, savvy, time, and willingness to do so & share w/the Forums (and elsewhere)--more power to them. It's greatly appreciated by most folks when they do, but it's by no means an obligation.

LizF
12-10-2007, 04:31 AM
Well to be fair, the person bringing up the subject may not have the means to record it, and is just letting someone who can record it know.

In my case, I can only get it from the web afterwards. So I have to wait for it to appear on the web, capture it, THEN WATCH IT. This is a 1 hr show for example, and I have to note the times which would be worthy of cutting. Then I have to cut it, and since it's realvideo I have to convert it also. It's a real pain -- get it?? heh

Anyhow, I'm gonna try and watch it now to note the times of interest. But since there's a debate tonight I dunno when it'll get done.

My only gripe would be that the person starting the thread who does not themselves post the video, should put the video link in the first post once it is eventually posted.

Well to be fair, the person bringing up the subject may not have the means to record it

--Yes.

--Indeed, people take the time and work to do this for granted.

--Again, it's nice if they do, but they have no obligation to do so. Moreover, the less tech savvy among us may either forget or not be aware of this option.