PDA

View Full Version : Change the website right now

Gump9005
12-09-2007, 08:06 AM
You're not gonna get to the goal of $400,000 if you don't add some kind of widget that shows a thermometer with how much we have and how much we still have to go.

People need to actually see that the goal has not been reached.

Edit: I can't change the thread title. Didn't want it to sound rude, just urgent.

BeFranklin
12-09-2007, 10:48 AM
We need a live cam too :)

Ilhaguru
12-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Seriously, the donations have flatten out for quite some time now. . .

fedup100
12-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Did the USA Today ad cause any growth in members or donations?

OferNave
12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
You're not gonna get to the goal of $400,000 if you don't add some kind of widget that shows a thermometer with how much we have and how much we still have to go.

People need to actually see that the goal has not been reached.

You know, that's a great suggestion... and an offensive thread title. Couldn't you word it as something other than an aggressive command?

fortilite
12-09-2007, 12:18 PM
You know, that's a great suggestion... and an offensive thread title. Couldn't you word it as something other than an aggressive command?

Hit the road jack if you aren't ready to follow Gump's lead.

CelestialRender
12-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Seriously, the donations have flatten out for quite some time now. . .

It spiked to get us to the $200k. Now, everyone's waiting to see it actually IN THE AIR before they send anymore.

Trust me; when this thing gets in the air, donations will _skyrocket_.

BeFranklin
12-09-2007, 12:24 PM
It spiked to get us to the $200k. Now, everyone's waiting to see it actually IN THE AIR before they send anymore.

Trust me; when this thing gets in the air, donations will _skyrocket_.

Someone just wired in 25k in donations

NinjaPirate
12-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Hit the road jack if you aren't ready to follow Gump's lead.

It isn't Gump's request he's talking about, but his proper use of "netiquette." Gump's thread title comes off as rude.

slantedview
12-09-2007, 12:54 PM
yea, the thread title is pretty demanding.

there's a graph on the front page.

jasonuher
12-09-2007, 01:14 PM
yea, the thread title is pretty demanding.

there's a graph on the front page.

The graph doesn't show the required points to hit. If it had dots, like one at $400,000 that said 'needed to cover till NH primaries' and one at $500,000 (or whatever) that said 'needed to cover till end of feb.' and so on, it would show people what needs to be done.

I'm not saying that dan at ronpaulgraphs (I'm crazy for that site, btw) should be doing this, but the blimp people need to get on having some kind of visual indication of the goal.

It would help if they would ask the (literally) hundreds of developers on this board to do bits and pieces rather than to continue looking for a single, full-time developer. I'm not sure if that has to do with legalities of it being business or whatever, but they can all sign $1 contracts if volunteers aren't allowed.

Things like this thermometer, or the google maps integration, or the video streaming would be an easy thing to do in php (or flash, or javascript, or even that MS crap) and just drop into the site. 'Unified design' doesn't have to mean 'single programmer'.

BeFranklin
12-09-2007, 02:19 PM
The graph doesn't show the required points to hit. If it had dots, like one at $400,000 that said 'needed to cover till NH primaries' and one at $500,000 (or whatever) that said 'needed to cover till end of feb.' and so on, it would show people what needs to be done.

I'm not saying that dan at ronpaulgraphs (I'm crazy for that site, btw) should be doing this, but the blimp people need to get on having some kind of visual indication of the goal.

It would help if they would ask the (literally) hundreds of developers on this board to do bits and pieces rather than to continue looking for a single, full-time developer. I'm not sure if that has to do with legalities of it being business or whatever, but they can all sign $1 contracts if volunteers aren't allowed.

Things like this thermometer, or the google maps integration, or the video streaming would be an easy thing to do in php (or flash, or javascript, or even that MS crap) and just drop into the site. 'Unified design' doesn't have to mean 'single programmer'.

Change it now, with a you-tube!!!!!

j/king :p

slantedview
12-09-2007, 02:21 PM
feel free to help 'em out with any of those things.

Storm3
12-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Heres my suggestion for how the donation meter could look

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=49754

vadimg
12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
yeah that s a good idea to see how much we still have to go