PDA

View Full Version : The Name Poll.........

The Plan
12-09-2007, 07:27 AM
OK ya'll......

Everybody saw the FOX News report wher they referred to us as "Paulheads" about 5 times in the report. That term really pisses me off because i know what it inferres. They want to compare us to "Deadheads" and marginalise us to a conservative audience as a bunch of hippie college students.

WE CAN NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!

If we lose this election it will be because we didn't sweat the details like this one. I know most of you hate to think that we have to brand ourselves because you believe it will amount to giving into playing their warped media game and i understand that. We have to be realistic here, we all know that it doesn't matter what the numbers are it won't change the fact that we don't own the media and with america' fat asses glued to the couch every night we better find a way to break through the gap. We have to play the game and we can do it better.

We have to take the power of labeling us away from people like FOX News. We need to brand ourselves now. We've branded the movement but we havn't branded the people and we have to sell ourselves as a group to the people just as much as we have to sell Ron Paul.

Here's are the choices and i'm not gonna lie i have a preference for only one of them. Every music marketing instict i have is telling me this is the one, but in order to pick a name we all need to vote. This is a list of the best:

Paulites - Very classy and serious sounding, sort of biblical at the same time, my favorite by far. I will be voting for this one.

Paulians - Kind of like aliens from planet Ron Paul or something

Ronulans - Star Trek nerdy and pretty clever

Patriots - A little general but descriptive

Americans - Even more general a term but it is true

Paulies - Kind of cutesy, a little Canadian sounding but good

The Remnant - A term from the man himself, i think it's great but we need to dumb it down a tad

Paul-iticians - This is very clever, i actually like this one

The rules:
We will narrow down the names by voting on this thread. The top 2 names will then be taken and put into another poll where a winner will be determined. This poll will run till tuesday night.
After a winner is picked a formal letter will be written to the campaign themselves explaining how we would like Dr. Paul to refer to us in public so we can make sure the term sticks with the press.

I would like you all to take this very seriously. Picking a name is VERY important to the media. In a consumer culture like ours we have to be smart enough to be able to talk their language and this is just part of it.

Thank You

ronpaulfollower999
12-09-2007, 07:33 AM
We've already been referred to as Paulites in my local newspaper. That article where they called us Paulites was on the front page!!! And it was positive.

FreeTraveler
12-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Libizens?
Libertzens? (Liberty + citizens, I kinda like this)
Libertians?
Libertines?
Liberteens?
Libertists?
Libericans?
Libicans?
Liberzens?

Paul or Ron anything is too limiting for the long haul, unless this is a cult. Short-term, I prefer Ronulan or Paulite, but I think we need to think farther than that if we're serious about transforming the political process.

fuzzybekool
12-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Pauliticians is used in this new professionally recorded Ron Paul rap song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVrszyW9dPE

yaz
12-09-2007, 07:40 AM
As long as it's not something like Paultards I'm happy.

lynnf
12-09-2007, 09:25 AM
OK ya'll......

Paulites - Very classy and serious sounding, sort of biblical at the same time, my favorite by far. I will be voting for this one.

Paulians - Kind of like aliens from planet Ron Paul or something

Ronulans - Star Trek nerdy and pretty clever

Patriots - A little general but descriptive

Americans - Even more general a term but it is true
Paulies - Kind of cutesy, a little Canadian sounding but good

The Remnant - A term from the man himself, i think it's great but we need to dumb it down a tad

Paul-iticians - This is very clever, i actually like this one

The rules:
We will narrow down the names by voting on this thread. The top 2 names will then be taken and put into another poll where a winner will be determined. This poll will run till tuesday night.
After a winner is picked a formal letter will be written to the campaign themselves explaining how we would like Dr. Paul to refer to us in public so we can make sure the term sticks with the press.

I would like you all to take this very seriously. Picking a name is VERY important to the media. In a consumer culture like ours we have to be smart enough to be able to talk their language and this is just part of it.

Thank You

if it's as important as you say, then RePaulicans should be in the poll list.. at least let the voters decide about it, not an arbitrary "best" chosen by one person or one committee! this is like when Ron Paul is kept off poll lists by the Mainstream Media -- bad form! you say "best" and they say "top-tier".

lynn

Danny Molina
12-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Paultriots

Though it kinda reminds me of poultry.

Real_CaGeD
12-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Romulans are a fictional alien species in the Star Trek universe related to Vulcans. They are characterized as passionate, cunning, and opportunistic. They are the dominant race of the Romulan Star Empire, one of the larger empires in the Alpha Quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy.

They made their first appearance in the 1966 episode "Balance of Terror" and were eventually featured in all six Star Trek series. The Romulans were created by Paul Schneider, who said "it was a matter of developing a good Romanesque set of admirable antagonists... an extension of the Roman civilization to the point of space travel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulan

Ronulans.

MozoVote
12-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Who ARE you???

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1489/G_itb/itb_kosh.jpg

The Plan
12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
bump

The Plan
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
bump