PDA

View Full Version : Twitter campaign to get Trump(and then others) to the debate with Castle, etc.

Unregistered
10-22-2016, 10:17 PM
I've been wanting to recruit people for a while to tweet Donald Trump and ask him why he is afraid to debate Darrell Castle in the Free and Equal Foundation's People's Presidential debate this coming Tuesday to try and get him to change his mind and attend.. (not the only reason I've been trying to join - I also tried unsuccessfully to join back when I was supporting Ron Paul during his 2012 campaign.)

(I guess I am not allowed to put a link yet, so people can know what event I am talking about if they are unfamiliar. That would have gone here.)

You'll see that Trump, Clinton, Johnson, Stein, and McMullin all were invited but only Castle, and 2 others that few people are probably familiar with have accepted.

Few people will pay attention to the debate without the big names there.

Trump loves Twitter, has a big ego, and pretends to not be controlled by the establishment(like the CPD), so such a twitter campaign may be the best shot at getting Castle some real exposure before the election.

If Trump goes to the debate, hopefully Clinton and whatever others will follow.

I have no experience with Twitter, but I'm betting that if I sent him such a message alone, he wouldn't even see it because he probably gets so many, but if a bunch of us did, maybe he would.

I don't know if it's best for us to plan for a specific time to all tweet together, or if he still might see them if they are spread out over time if people just did it whenever they were able.

I wanted to try to organize and coordinate together, but the debate is only 3 days away now, so you guys go ahead and start if you want.

I tried setting up a twitter account, but can't get the phone verification to work still. It says my Text Now number is unsupported, and I think I am only having to do the phone verification because I was using TOR...

I've been up way too long today, so probably won't stay up much longer unless this gets posted soon, and I start getting some responses. I'll be back in the morning

Thanks.

Unregistered
10-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Well, at least I got several dozen views, if no replies.

Hopefully someone has tried asking him what he's afraid of.

I'm still corresponding with Twitter to get my account setup.

Or if anyone has any tips on setting up another one - I think you are allowed?

Here is the link to the debate I was talking about:

(I guess I still can't post the link even though this is my second post, because the system has no way to know I am the same person... Maybe someone else who knows can post it for others to know what I am talking about and to know what to tweet about. Thanks.)

I am surprised I haven't seen that debate talked about on here. Is there some reason not to support it? It's just the only one I know of that invited both Castle and Trump and Hillary.

To those that like Castle but simply "know" he can't win, it's up to US to make things happen, and getting trump and Hillary to this debate is a chance to draw some attention with little investment.

To those who like Trump as more than just a lesser evil, if he's so tough, why is he afraid to attend that debate?! Hasn't he read the Constitution the whole way through? Aren't you disappointed in him for being afraid? Tweet him and get him to go.

Thanks.

Sumthinorother
10-23-2016, 11:40 AM
Now that my account ha been approved, can I get this thread moved to "2016 Liberty Campaigns" and the username on the first 2 posts changed to my username? The first 2 lines would need taken out of the first post for it to make sense in the new location. If I am then able to edit those posts after you change the username, I could make the second post slightly better in the new context too. Thanks!

jct74
10-23-2016, 12:48 PM
Now that my account ha been approved, can I get this thread moved to "2016 Liberty Campaigns" and the username on the first 2 posts changed to my username? The first 2 lines would need taken out of the first post for it to make sense in the new location. If I am then able to edit those posts after you change the username, I could make the second post slightly better in the new context too. Thanks!

I moved the thread for you. I can't change the username for the first two posts, but if you want to start over with a new thread go ahead and this one can be deleted.

P3ter_Griffin
10-23-2016, 03:23 PM
I'm no Twitter pro myself but I do have some experience. I think the best way to do it would be to have one main tweet that people would retweet and favorite. This would show up in Trump's interaction feed displayed with the number of retweets/favorites, likely drawing attention to the tweet. You could then have the people retweeting/favoriting send their own *similar* message. Or maybe better/less spammy would be to have 5 or so main tweets that everyone then retweets/favorites.

The main account(s) should be the people with the most followers. Better would be a celebrity (Twitter celebrity (anonymous) or media celebrity) supporter of Castle as the main account, or for such an individual to retweet the main account's tweets to give it more views.

TheTexan
10-23-2016, 03:25 PM
Darrell who?

Sumthinorother
10-23-2016, 11:08 PM
I'm no Twitter pro myself but I do have some experience. I think the best way to do it would be to have one main tweet that people would retweet and favorite. This would show up in Trump's interaction feed displayed with the number of retweets/favorites, likely drawing attention to the tweet. You could then have the people retweeting/favoriting send their own *similar* message. Or maybe better/less spammy would be to have 5 or so main tweets that everyone then retweets/favorites.

The main account(s) should be the people with the most followers. Better would be a celebrity (Twitter celebrity (anonymous) or media celebrity) supporter of Castle as the main account, or for such an individual to retweet the main account's tweets to give it more views.

Thanks. I wouldn't have known to do it like that with the retweeting and stuff. I don't even know about the "favorites". I wish I would have been checking for replies more and sooner, but I was messing with my oven and it still doesn't work.

How do we find such a "celebrity" Castle supporter? Can you come up with some other people to do the retweeting/favoriting? All I have is you so far, if you do want to do it. You'd probably be good at getting this thing organized too if you wanted to. Too bad it's already the day before the debate now, and I don't know when you'll be back.

Sumthinorother
10-23-2016, 11:24 PM
Darrell who?

This guy: www.castle 2016.com

Sure he's not a "celebrity" like Trump, but:

He is a lot more like Ron Paul, and he is an official write-in in Texas, if that is where you are, and so he had to submit a slate of 38 delegates there. He is actually mathematically capable of getting the 270 delegates needed to win. People just need to know about him and to stop being afraid to vote "third party" because they think it's a vote for the candidate they dislike the most between the democrats and republicans.

If everyone that was voting against a candidate instead of for one voted for him, he'd easily win.

I moved the thread for you. I can't change the username for the first two posts, but if you want to start over with a new thread go ahead and this one can be deleted.

Thanks!

---------------------------
The link to the debate that I wasn't able to post before is:
http://freeandequal.org/uwsf/

jct74
10-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Or if you just edit the 3rd post to what you want it to be, then I can delete the first two posts and the remaining posts in this thread can be preserved. That might be better. I dunno.

Sumthinorother
10-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Is there anybody on that wants to help? I don't know what I am doing. I guess you can't even send messages to people who aren't following you. Out of desperation, I posted a tweet asking Trump myself, which no doubt got buried rather quickly. Glenn Beck is a person with a lot of followers that is somewhat of a Castle supporter. I don't know how to get him to tweet the message to Trump anymore than to get Trump to see one coming from me.

It seems I am unable to send private messages to people on here too.

Thanks.

Sumthinorother
10-25-2016, 08:20 AM
My twitter account is @whoever80 if you want to follow and retweet, see what I tweeted or whatever else. Ironically, Castle is my only follower so far. We'll see if he retweets it or gets someone else to.