PDA

View Full Version : Trump Pledges To Drain The Swamp And Impose Congressional Term Limits

openfire
10-19-2016, 03:03 AM
https://i.imgur.com/uDp9mQT.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jobD0X4IHxI

Jan2017
10-19-2016, 03:52 AM
It is not a bad concept . . . McCain is rather stale . . .

Also, 25% of Fed employees leaving / retiring if we get a President-elect Trump . . .
man, positive effects even BEFORE inauguration that's awesome Trump/pence
Obama can even get the credit for cutting spending lol

btw, Mexico can pay for the wall with land - a 5 mile DMZ zone with boots on our new ground.
el Chappo still gonna dig deeper tunnels . . . that (expletive deleted)

Cleaner44
10-19-2016, 05:42 AM
I used to be undecided on term limits. Not any longer. It needs to be done.

TheCount
10-19-2016, 06:33 AM
We're now up to four threads on this in this subforum alone.

alucard13mm
10-19-2016, 06:52 AM
Pledges cant be enforced..

specsaregood
10-19-2016, 08:02 AM
All I see in this thread I Randal calling for term limits, nothing from Trump actually saying it on the record. Got an actual citation? Not that he is trustworthy or anything, just for the sake of showing this thread isn't make-believe.

Cleaner44
10-19-2016, 08:47 AM
All I see in this thread I Randal calling for term limits, nothing from Trump actually saying it on the record. Got an actual citation? Not that he is trustworthy or anything, just for the sake of showing this thread isn't make-believe.

Was easy to find. Easily ideas I can get behind. He may not get it done but it is a worthy goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVKPAxvmAI

specsaregood
10-19-2016, 08:54 AM
Was easy to find. Easily ideas I can get behind. He may not get it done but it is a worthy goal.

Thanks, I didn't see the point in starting a trump thread and using Randal's video instead of one by the subject of the thread.

angelatc
10-19-2016, 09:01 AM
He said Amendment. I'm in.

But really, repealing the 17th is the better solution.

r3volution 3.0
10-19-2016, 09:05 AM
I pledge to swim to the moon.

Mordan
10-19-2016, 09:44 AM
I pledge to swim to the moon.

This is why Rand lost. He is surrounded with stuck up ego centric purists, who have the god allmighty power to detect deceit while CPUd and many other paid hillary operatives were deceiving them.

It is a logical fact some Correct the Record shills are on this board masquerading as liberty lovers and concern trolling.

nikcers
10-19-2016, 09:58 AM
This is why Rand lost. He is surrounded with stuck up ego centric purists, who have the god allmighty power to detect deceit while CPUd and many other paid hillary operatives were deceiving them.

It is a logical fact some Correct the Record shills are on this board masquerading as liberty lovers and concern trolling.

Trump is going to poison the well, and then you guys will be sorry. You are going to wish you supported Rand Paul instead of schilling for Trump.

scm
10-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Thump says everything once.
Hes a grade a golden hair loser.

Mordan
10-19-2016, 10:08 AM
Trump is going to poison the well, and then you guys will be sorry. You are going to wish you supported Rand Paul instead of schilling for Trump.

I didn't support ANYBODY. I came back from political sleep around September 2015 when I heard the press attacking Trump. I didn't even watch the first debate. Rand had already lost it. Maybe you are right. Trump is an inside job. But to my eyes he is an inside job that went terribly wrong. Besides I will take comfort in seeing Hillary fall on earth while walking in international meetings.

r3volution 3.0
10-19-2016, 10:11 AM
I didn't support ANYBODY. I came back from political sleep around September 2015 when I heard the press attacking Trump. I didn't even watch the first debate. Rand had already lost it.

Translation: "I returned to RPF for the sole purpose of shilling for Trump."

Mordan
10-19-2016, 10:15 AM

Better than shilling for Hillary under the illusion that 3rd parties have any impact on the result.

r3volution 3.0
10-19-2016, 10:19 AM
Better than shilling for Hillary under the illusion that 3rd parties have any impact on the result.

No one on RPF's been shilling for Hillary.

You Trumpkins continually make this accusation in a transparent attempt to discredit those who point out Dear Leader's horrifying record.

CaptUSA
10-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Drain the swamp? Hmm... where have I heard that before? :rolleyes:

That was Pelosi's mantra when the Dems took back the house. or maybe he stole it from Reagan, who also used it? In any case, it's not original and has never worked.

To the issue of term limits...

I've always been of the persuasion that Congressional terms should be "limited" by the voters of those districts. Would we really have wanted Ron Paul term-limited out?! When you get a good one, you want to keep them. What about Massie? Amash?

I understand the reason for this and I don't really have that big of an objection to it, but I don't think it will make that much difference in practice. It's an easy thing to ask for when congressional approval ratings are so low, but in reality, people like their own rep - they just want the other one kicked out.

TheCount
10-19-2016, 11:49 AM

Behold the self-admitted shill (Mordan) claiming that others must be shilling because they hold different views.

Zippyjuan
10-19-2016, 12:29 PM
Now all he needs is two thirds of Congress (the ones in danger of losing their jobs) and three fourths of the states to agree to get his suggested Constitutional Amendment passed. No problem.

euphemia
10-19-2016, 01:39 PM
I think he could get it. Jim Cooper, if he wins reelection, is about due to retire.