PDA

View Full Version : Paulites invade Glen Beck X-Mas

UtahApocalypse
12-09-2007, 02:38 AM
What a night. The Glen Beck Christmas Tour was here in Salt Lake City. Beck who is a Mormon has a very large following here.
As the attendees were arriving they passed a dozen supporters in the freezing cold and snow with Ron Paul signs, a large American Flag, and our own drum group. Information was passed to those walking by to the event.
In the mean time preparations were underway INSIDE the venue. One of supporters rented the main conference hall that over looks the arena. He also had ordered catering of 25 gallons of Hot Chocolate.
As things winded down outside I ventured in where the hot cocoa was streaming freely to the Glen Beck fans. As they drank there sweet cups we had Ron Paul Christmas cards and other flyers to hand them. We also were giving more free drinks during intermission and after the show.
After all was done we had given out around 1500 cups of hot chocolate. Probably a good 2000 flyers. We had some specific to the Glen Beck show and how he actually agrees with many of Ron Paul's points.
I do not know that Mr. Beck was aware of us being there or not, or if he will hear later. I do know that many people got to see the true hospitality of Ron Paul supporters.

vadimg
12-09-2007, 02:44 AM
Amazing! is there a video?

rpfreedom08
12-09-2007, 02:44 AM
now thats how you get voters. Take note people.

noiseordinance
12-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Amen!

AlexAmore
12-09-2007, 02:55 AM
now thats how you get voters. Take note people.

/noted

DirtMcGirt
12-09-2007, 02:59 AM
very nice- in my Borat voice

xexkxex
12-09-2007, 03:00 AM
Great job! Mmmmmmm Hot Chocolate...

+1

parke
12-09-2007, 03:05 AM
bump.

Benaiah
12-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Awesome!! That's radical.

robert4rp08
12-09-2007, 03:26 AM
glorious

thisisgiparti
12-09-2007, 03:30 AM
that is a beautiful thing.

speciallyblend
12-09-2007, 03:32 AM
great job

RonPaulCult
12-09-2007, 03:49 AM
I could fly higher than an eagle if you guys were the wind beneath my wings!

Great job people!

Nyte
12-09-2007, 04:28 AM
This was my first activity with my new Salt Lake City meetup.

They were great, and welcomed me immediately. I came empty handed, but was set up with a sign, slim jims and stickers.

It was snowing hard outside and we were freezing, but knowing we were spreading the word kept us warm. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer.

I can't wait for the next meetup! :D

austin356
12-09-2007, 04:32 AM
OMG a Ron Paul supporter that actually knows how to properly promote our candidate at such events.

People, take notice of the good work by the OP.
Idiots, just follow someone who conducts themselves in this manner.

Kingfisher
12-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Very Good. Take note, you violent, in your face, obnoxious, profane, antagonistic, supporters

ronpaulyourmom
12-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Nice

MozoVote
12-09-2007, 08:12 AM
How deviously kind and generous! :D

rpfreedom08
12-09-2007, 08:12 AM
ok enough calling people out, it was ok once but now it's just getting negative. Lets keep this thread positive.

kevinblack
12-09-2007, 08:15 AM
That was awesome!

We need more of these type of demonstrations!

Ozwest
12-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Ron Paul people are too cool!

LibertyEagle
12-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Guys, please be aware that when you use the term "X-Mas", you are ticking off most any Christian who is viewing your thread, or post. The whole intent of that term was to cut Christ out of the event. Pretty strange, since that holiday was established to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Ozwest
12-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Jesus Christ Liberty Eagle. Stop being a control freak.

Extricate yourself from your demons and lighten up!

Mithridates
12-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Guys, please be aware that when you use the term "X-Mas", you are ticking off most any Christian who is viewing your thread, or post. The whole intent of that term was to cut Christ out of the event. Pretty strange, since that holiday was established to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Nah, that term's been around forever - it's originally an abbreviation of the Greek word for Christ (Greek Chi looks like an X).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4097755.stm

And far from being an irreligious abbreviation, it appears to have impeccably Christian credentials.

The 'X' is thought to represent the Greek letter 'Chi' - the first letter of the Greek word for Christ, Christos.

Bill Purdue, an Open University historian and author of The Making of the Modern Christmas is among those who support this view.

"I suppose to us it will always look like an abbreviation, but it would first seem to be an abbreviation used by clerics with a good knowledge of ancient languages," he said.

"A lot of people disapprove of it or think of it as blasphemous because they think the X stands for anonymity - the 'Mr X' sort of idea."

It seems Christmas has been abbreviated for at least the past 1,000 years.

Before Xmas, there was XPmas, according to Inge Milfull, assistant editor of etymology at Oxford English Dictionaries (OED).

She found references in the Anglo Saxon Chronicle as far back as 1021 and says the P was probably dropped later.

Chester Copperpot
12-09-2007, 08:34 AM
you guys should watch the first 25 minutes of www.zeitgeistmovie.com

itll blow your mind

Ozwest
12-09-2007, 08:38 AM
The Religious right and the left-over Republican party are mind blowing enough!

The movie is good Mike Mitrosky.

torchbearer
12-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Very Good. Take note, you violent, in your face, obnoxious, profane, antagonistic, supporters

Seems like you fit 4 out of the 6 qualifiers you mentioned... just in mentioning it.
"in your face, obnoxious, antagonistic supporter"

Matthew Zak
12-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Last year around this time I saw something more strange than the term X-mas.

In a used sports store there was a man dressed as Santa Clause greeting us at the door and then saying Happy Holidays as we left.

BeFranklin
12-09-2007, 11:07 AM

Yeah, don't act like Glen Beck :D

kotetu
12-09-2007, 11:07 AM
well done guys! Hot chocolate on a cold night is the way to a voter's heart. :D

Geronimo
12-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I can just hear Beck saying something like..

"A bunch of Ron Paul supporters showed up at my gig in Salt Lake City, and they were passing out hot chocolate to the crowd. Which is weird, because I thought that they all drank the same Kool Aid. I gotta tell you, this hot chocolate thing is a new one on me"

On another note, great job guys!

ape
12-09-2007, 11:55 AM
hot chocolate always makes things much more pleasant.

you guys rule.

freestyl24
12-09-2007, 12:07 PM
<>

hawkeyenick
12-09-2007, 12:12 PM
It's glorious...

hillertexas
12-09-2007, 12:16 PM
bump

Cowlesy
12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Some textbook campaigning there. The supporters made an impression as they walked in the door, and then another friendly greeting inside!!

frasu
12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
heats off... very nicely done

Revolutn
12-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Awesome. Kudos to all who participated.

Rev

UtahApocalypse
12-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. The great news is Glen Beck is doing 4 more shows this week around the country! You may not have time or money to get a room as we did, but you can bundle up and bring hot chocolate!
We have a special flyer just for these events. If you can get to one of these please message me so I can get you the .pdf (if you live in the last 2 cities we have about 500 left we may be able to ship to you, will need to know ASAP!)

December 10
Pittsburgh, PA
Heinz Hall
600 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

December 12
Des Moines, IA
KJJY Center
2100 NW 100th Street
Clive, IA 50325

December 14
Tulsa, Ok
Mabee Center
Oral Roberts University
7777 S Lewis Ave
Tulsa, OK 74171

December 15
Charleston, SC
Performing Arts Center
5001 Coliseum Drive
Charleston, SC 29418

Replies

Amazing! is there a video?

I dont think we have video, there may be some pics later.

I only used the X-Mas on the title due to space constraints on the message board.

ggibson1
12-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Great Job!

grizzums
12-09-2007, 12:51 PM
I sent out messages to all 4 of those meetups organizers with a link to this thread.

specsaregood
12-09-2007, 12:52 PM
When I first read this I was surprised, as I thought Mormon's don't ingest caffeine. Then I did a little searching and found out hot chocolate was allowed. Learn something new every day.

Kudos to the well done campaigning!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
When I first read this I was surprised, as I thought Mormon's don't ingest caffeine. Then I did a little searching and found out hot chocolate was allowed. Learn something new every day.

Since when did Hot Chocolate have caffeine?

MadOdorMachine
12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
What a night. The Glen Beck Christmas Tour was here in Salt Lake City. Beck who is a Mormon has a very large following here.
As the attendees were arriving they passed a dozen supporters in the freezing cold and snow with Ron Paul signs, a large American Flag, and our own drum group. Information was passed to those walking by to the event.
In the mean time preparations were underway INSIDE the venue. One of supporters rented the main conference hall that over looks the arena. He also had ordered catering of 25 gallons of Hot Chocolate.
As things winded down outside I ventured in where the hot cocoa was streaming freely to the Glen Beck fans. As they drank there sweet cups we had Ron Paul Christmas cards and other flyers to hand them. We also were giving more free drinks during intermission and after the show.
After all was done we had given out around 1500 cups of hot chocolate. Probably a good 2000 flyers. We had some specific to the Glen Beck show and how he actually agrees with many of Ron Paul's points.
I do not know that Mr. Beck was aware of us being there or not, or if he will hear later. I do know that many people got to see the true hospitality of Ron Paul supporters.

That's great to hear! This is exactly the what Ron Paul means when he says you can't change people's ideologies by force. Every Ron Paul supporter should use this as an example of the right way to reach people. Outstanding job!

Cowlesy
12-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I think there is a small amount of caffeine in chocolate.

Edward
12-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Since when did Hot Chocolate have caffeine?Cocoa has caffeine in it.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Cocoa has caffeine in it.

Oh.

Hook
12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
The rules aren't quite as stringent as you may think.

Valis33
12-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Very cool. Great work guys!

RonPaulVolunteer
12-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Um, strange, I run a Christian Ministry, and yet I use Xmas all the time. I think you might tick of RELIGIOUS people, but not real CHRISTIANS.

And the holiday was NOT established to celebrate ANYTHING to do with Jesus. It's a Pagan festival the Church hijacked. Not that I have a problem with that, we should hijack a lot more, but let's not be ignorant please.

user
12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Nice work!

Hook
12-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Um, strange, I run a Christian Ministry, and yet I use Xmas all the time. I think you might tick of RELIGIOUS people, but not real CHRISTIANS.

And the holiday was NOT established to celebrate ANYTHING to do with Jesus. It's a Pagan festival the Church hijacked. Not that I have a problem with that, we should hijack a lot more, but let's not be ignorant please.

Constantine hijacked it so that the pagans under his rule would be more amenable to celebrating it, since it was the same date as an exisiting pagan holiday.

Jesus was most likely born in the spring or summertime.

ladyliberty
12-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Great work - I love Hot Chocolate! Nothing like spreading a little warmth in the bitter cold and a message of hope in this hopeless world we live in!

archemeedees
12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Here are a few pictures from the event.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Empty%20room%20II.JPG
This is the room before we got the literature set out and everything started.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Liturature.JPG
We put one of these Ron Paul Christmas cards at every setting on the dining tables, then made pretty, swirled stacks of them on the other tables.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Dave%20at%20the%20table.JPG
Here's a supporter with Ron Paul "Love" signs and literature waiting for the show to end.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Assortment%20of%20people.JPG

Here are a few people after the show when things slowed down. This picture is taken from up by the projector, which was showing Ron Paul videos. I wasn't able to get any pictures during the most crowded times, so this is not a good representation.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Parking%20lot%20shot.JPG

And finally, here's a piece of the parking lot. I've circled where some others from our group were standing outside waving an American flag, playing drums, holding Ron Paul signs, and handing out literature.

Some information that might help those who want to do something similar:

The police had no problem with the Ron Paul supporters out on the sidewalk. They were even laughing and joking with them and accepting Ron Paul literature. Sidewalks were free game here.

We went through about 25 gallons of hot cocoa. We had both china and styrofoam cups. If I were to do it again, I would save the paper cups and hide them until the china cups were all gone, so that people would have to linger in the room to drink their cocoa, and also because the china cups held significantly less cocoa and it would have gone farther. I'd also set the hot cocoa table further in the room so that people would have to come in deeper to get it. We had the serving table right next to the door. Here's a picture of the cocoa serving table and a couple of the supporters:

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Ron%20Paul,%20hope%20for%20america.JPG

The cocoa was catered from the arena's kitchen. Good stuff, whole milk with hershey's syrup. mmmm.... We ran out before the show started and had to order more.

There were also water pitchers and plastic water cups at the dining tables. People were particularly interested in the water during intermission.

All in all, we had several hundred people come into the room for hot cocoa throughout the course of the evening. People were more apt to take literature before the show rather than during intermission or after.

With the Ron Paul supporters showing their hard-core love of liberty out in the snow, the awesome fliers and handouts, and the hospitality inside, I'd rate this one, all in all:

Success.

I saved this picture for last to show you the man who inspired us and made everything possible by recruiting volunteers and putting down a significant sum of his own money to rent the room before any promise of help was made. Thanks to him for his faith in the cause and in our ability to make a difference; Mr. Ronald Levine (on the right):

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Ron%20and%20David.JPG

--Sarah

archemeedees
12-09-2007, 06:03 PM
We wanted to invite Glenn Beck to come have a cup, but that didn't quite work out, hehe.

Adamsa
12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I wish Ron would go on the show already.

Swmorgan77
12-09-2007, 06:51 PM

Only tea and coffee are specifically prohited, though the word of wisdom scriputre (the source of the prohibition) also contains general provisions about eating healthy and so the argument against caffiene in general comes from that.

Swmorgan77
12-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Here are a few pictures from the event.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Empty%20room%20II.JPG
This is the room before we got the literature set out and everything started.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Liturature.JPG
We put one of these Ron Paul Christmas cards at every setting on the dining tables, then made pretty, swirled stacks of them on the other tables.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Dave%20at%20the%20table.JPG
Here's a supporter with Ron Paul "Love" signs and literature waiting for the show to end.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Assortment%20of%20people.JPG

Here are a few people after the show when things slowed down. This picture is taken from up by the projector, which was showing Ron Paul videos. I wasn't able to get any pictures during the most crowded times, so this is not a good representation.

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Parking%20lot%20shot.JPG

And finally, here's a piece of the parking lot. I've circled where some others from our group were standing outside waving an American flag, playing drums, holding Ron Paul signs, and handing out literature.

Some information that might help those who want to do something similar:

The police had no problem with the Ron Paul supporters out on the sidewalk. They were even laughing and joking with them and accepting Ron Paul literature. Sidewalks were free game here.

We went through about 25 gallons of hot cocoa. We had both china and styrofoam cups. If I were to do it again, I would save the paper cups and hide them until the china cups were all gone, so that people would have to linger in the room to drink their cocoa, and also because the china cups held significantly less cocoa and it would have gone farther. I'd also set the hot cocoa table further in the room so that people would have to come in deeper to get it. We had the serving table right next to the door. Here's a picture of the cocoa serving table and a couple of the supporters:

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Ron%20Paul,%20hope%20for%20america.JPG

The cocoa was catered from the arena's kitchen. Good stuff, whole milk with hershey's syrup. mmmm.... We ran out before the show started and had to order more.

There were also water pitchers and plastic water cups at the dining tables. People were particularly interested in the water during intermission.

All in all, we had several hundred people come into the room for hot cocoa throughout the course of the evening. People were more apt to take literature before the show rather than during intermission or after.

With the Ron Paul supporters showing their hard-core love of liberty out in the snow, the awesome fliers and handouts, and the hospitality inside, I'd rate this one, all in all:

Success.

I saved this picture for last to show you the man who inspired us and made everything possible by recruiting volunteers and putting down a significant sum of his own money to rent the room before any promise of help was made. Thanks to him for his faith in the cause and in our ability to make a difference; Mr. Ronald Levine (on the right):

http://datamoon.net/rp/Ron%20Paul%20at%20Glenn%20Beck/Ron%20and%20David.JPG

--Sarah

Great work guys! I wish I could have been there... dang late swing shift!!!

No worries though, everyone at eBay is getting th Ron Paul gospel in regular doses from me.