PDA

View Full Version : Lame advert sellers pretenting to be RP supporters?

Wingman
12-09-2007, 02:34 AM
edit: Sorry these guys are a PAC. I don't know what a PAC is but thanks.

I'm worried a lot of people are asking for donations or advertisement sponsorship and claiming to be supporters of ROn Paul - when all they are doing is PAYING THEMSELVES THE MONEY.

Like this set of ads here :-
http://www.operationnh.com/

Who the heck is "Americans United for Freedom"?? I bet they are just a front group for some lame ad agency looking to cream our HARD EARNED CASH.

kylejack
12-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Haha, don't be silly. They're Ron Paul supporters running Ron Paul ads. To run political ads as a group, you have to form a PAC, so that's what they did. They're good people.

wealeat
12-09-2007, 02:36 AM
They are a PAC.

rfbz
12-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Wingman is a major troll

Wingman
12-09-2007, 02:38 AM
ah phew thanks

so provided they are a PAC it is safe to give money?
ill go google or wiki whata PAC is. what does it stand for...

RonPaulVolunteer
12-09-2007, 02:46 AM
ah phew thanks

so provided they are a PAC it is safe to give money?
ill go google or wiki whata PAC is. what does it stand for...

Dude, you've been here a short time, you don't know what a PAC even is, my I suggest you not be in such a hurry to judge others here. The group you just took a swing at is running those ads in Iowa as you type your criticisms.

JMO
12-09-2007, 02:48 AM
PAC stands for Political Action Committee.

You can learn the basics at the link below

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacfaq.asp

kylejack
12-09-2007, 02:49 AM
PACs are required to file all their spending, so if you want to check a PAC out, go check out their FEC filings.

GregVernon
12-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Operation NH is a group of good individuals, In all honesty I doubt there are very little fake donations set up. If there are any I'm sure they will be exposed very very quickly.

theantirobot
12-09-2007, 02:58 AM
I take offense to your post in it's entirety. Just because I accept donations in return for creating Revolutionary Art doesn't make me any less of a Ron Paul supporter. I don't know understand why you are so upset about other people earning money off the message of Dr. Paul. I believe that's what liberty is supposed to do.

www.theantirobot.com/donate

steph3n
12-09-2007, 03:00 AM
wow......PACs do pay people but it doesn't matter. What matters is getting the ads out and giving to them is the best means to get the ads out.

They have worked hard on them. I would recommend you speak to them if you have doubt they will clear them up!

GregVernon
12-09-2007, 03:05 AM
I take offense to your post in it's entirety. Just because I accept donations in return for creating Revolutionary Art doesn't make me any less of a Ron Paul supporter. I don't know understand why you are so upset about other people earning money off the message of Dr. Paul. I believe that's what liberty is supposed to do.

www.theantirobot.com/donate

If it was I who offended who I am terribly sorry! I don't have a problem with people accepting donations for Ron Paul related material, heck, I'm accepting donations for gum. What kind of person would I be if I said no one else could?

I attempting to say, a group that wants to accept large amounts of money (such as Operation NH) to promote Paul but intends to take all the donations for themselves would be exposed, not individual people.

Corydoras
12-09-2007, 03:13 AM
Doing searches on this site (upper right next to "New Posts") is very useful, because you can see if someone has been a continuing presence here and you can read about the progress of their projects.

It's good you're asking questions (I think someone did run off with some money once some months ago), but Americans United for Freedom and OperationNH are well known here.