PDA

View Full Version : Mail a teacup to the MSM

Christopher David
12-09-2007, 02:29 AM
In some random YouTube comment I read, a guy said he was going to mail a teacup to CNN headquarters to celebrate the 16th.

What if hundreds of people each mailed a teacup to one of the big mainstream media outlets?

Antonius Stone
12-09-2007, 02:55 AM
that is actually a really cool idea. about how much would it cost to fed-ex/ups it?

Corydoras
12-09-2007, 02:55 AM
Kind of expensive for stuff that's going to end up in the trash within minutes, imho.

xexkxex
12-09-2007, 02:56 AM
What if hundreds of people each mailed a teacup to one of the big mainstream media outlets?

I guess the MSM outlets would get a lot of Tea Cups then, not much else.

Given how things work, no one you see on TV would ever see receive it.

Interns, who work on the set, would just throw them away/ report it.

That and Ron Paul supporters would be out a lot of money...collectively that is.

This is the same concept as sending Teabags. (Bad Idea as well - Many threads on this)

No benefits for the campaign given the cost and effort.

It would probably just irritate them.

Spreading the word to voters, raising money for the campaign, or already existing Projects (Blimp) is what I would recommend.

The media already knows about Dec 16, and the last thing we need to do is annoy them.

They seem to be partial to the blimp. Let's not give them an excuse to turn on it.

My $0.02

RonPaulVolunteer
12-09-2007, 02:59 AM
This has been argued and back and forth in many threads. It is a dangerous idea with serious potential to be used by other campaigns to cause our campaign serious hard by sending something on the same day and claiming to be from a Ron Paul supporter.

If you have the spare cash, donate it to the campaign. if you have the spare time, go canvassing and sign up to be a delegate.

AlexAmore
12-09-2007, 02:59 AM
The interns would have something to drink at least.

xexkxex
12-09-2007, 03:02 AM
The interns would have something to drink at least.

To be working for MSM...They would have to be drinking all day!!!

HII - YOOO:p:D

Antonius Stone
12-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Kind of expensive for stuff that's going to end up in the trash within minutes, imho.

true, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read the idea was V for Vendetta, with all the Guy Fawkes masks being shipped everywhere...

AlexAmore
12-09-2007, 03:03 AM
To be working for MSM...They would have to be drinking all day!!!

HII - YOOO:p:D

Ain't that the truth! lol