PDA

View Full Version : Russia Slams "Unprecedented, Insolent" US Cyber Threats, Vows Retaliation

DamianTV
10-15-2016, 12:13 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-15/russia-slams-unprecedented-insolent-us-cyber-threats-vows-retaliation

In a striking report released on Friday night by NBC, the Obama administration was reportedly "contemplating an unprecedented cyber covert action" (it remains unclear how the action is covert if Biden announced it to the world via an interview with Chuck Todd), a "wide-ranging clandestine cyber operation designed to harass and "embarrass" the Kremlin leadership", in retaliation for alleged interference in the American presidential election, and has asked the CIA to draft plans for a "wide-ranging "clandestine" cyber operation designed to harass and "embarrass" the Kremlin leadership."

As we reported last night, Vice President Joe Biden said that Washington is ready to respond to hack attacks allegedly conducted by Russia and designed to interfere with the upcoming US elections.

"Why haven’t we sent a message yet to Putin,” Chuck Todd, host of the “Meet the Press” show on NBC, asked Joe Biden.

“We are sending a message [to Putin]… We have a capacity to do it, and…”

"He’ll known it?” Todd interfered.

“He’ll know it. It will be at the time of our choosing, and under the circumstances that will have the greatest impact,” the US vice president replied.

The NBC sources did not elaborate on the exact measures the CIA was considering, but said the agency had already begun opening cyber doors, selecting targets and making other preparations for an operation. "Former intelligence officers told NBC News that the agency had gathered reams of documents that could expose unsavory tactics by Russian President Vladimir Putin", NBC added.

To be sure, this "leak" of what effectively amount to a cyberwar warning was a calculated move meant to provoke further escalation in tensions between the two nations and a trial balloon to gauge Russia's response. The response came this morning Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that "US aggressiveness is growing, and threats to carry out cyberattacks against Russia are unprecedented" adding that Russia will take “precautionary measures.”

“The fact is, US unpredictability and aggression keep growing, and such threats against Moscow and our country’s leadership are unprecedented, because the threat is being announced at the level of the US Vice President,” Peskov told RIA Novosti cited by AFP. “Of course, given such an aggressive, unpredictable line, we have to take measures to protect our interests, somehow hedge the risks,” he said, adding that “such unpredictability is dangerous for the whole world.”

Do NOT think for a second that World War 3 has NOT already started.

Wars are fought on multiple fronts: Economic, Trade, Resources, etc. If the only thing you are waiting for is Military Conflict as your definition of War, then you may need to take a step back and redefine War to something that makes sense to you. The US is destroyed many countries and no military action was taken. Collapse a nation by taking out its economy, cutting off its ability to trade with other countries, funding rebels in one country, IE Syria, etc. By taking out the leadership via "accidents", you leave the infrastructure intact which can be profitable once a puppet regime is installed as its new leaders (ala Egypt, Lybia). The US has already started World War 3 with Russia. The only thing left is to launch the nukes and a direct military conflict. This Cyber War is just another attempt to attack Russia without direct Military Force in order to keep the sheeple asleep. Oh jeez, who will protect us from the evil evil Russia? That is sarcasm, Russia is used an excuse to end America. The name of the war is important as well. World War 3 implies it is only countries that are engaged in the conflict.

The REAL war is the WAR ON YOU.

Origanalist
10-15-2016, 12:29 PM
They aren't going to stop picking at Russia until they get their war.

P3ter_Griffin
10-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Ha! I wonder if they will use wikileaks to release the information.

Zippyjuan
10-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Ha! I wonder if they will use wikileaks to release the information.

Nah- that is the Russian's tool. Wiki won't post anything bad about them.

P3ter_Griffin
10-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Nah- that is the Russian's tool. Wiki won't post anything bad about them.

I may be wrong but that is not the feeling I get. I think Assange sees access to information vital to making informed decisions. Unfortunately the hackers with the most resources are the many different states, and so they can use wikileaks as a tool to inform people on things they want to get people to make the decisions they want. Just means we need more hackers IMO, I don't think Assange should hold back information just because the whole picture is not there. As we can see, letting out part of the picture can cause blowback resulting in more information to be released, whether or not they use wikileaks as the medium to release it. The states will canabalize each other.

P3ter_Griffin
10-15-2016, 05:23 PM
An interesting/unknowable question I think: would have wikileaks been given Hillary's and DNC's emails if Rand would have won?

vonMises
10-15-2016, 05:36 PM
I may be wrong but that is not the feeling I get. I think Assange sees access to information vital to making informed decisions. Unfortunately the hackers with the most resources are the many different states, and so they can use wikileaks as a tool to inform people on things they want to get people to make the decisions they want. Just means we need more hackers IMO, I don't think Assange should hold back information just because the whole picture is not there. As we can see, letting out part of the picture can cause blowback resulting in more information to be released, whether or not they use wikileaks as the medium to release it. The states will canabalize each other.

Besides the Hillary Campaign and the Democratic National Committee, German intelligence publicly implicates Wikileaks as a Russian operation.

P3ter_Griffin
10-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Besides the Hillary Campaign and the Democratic National Committee, German intelligence publicly implicates Wikileaks as a Russian operation.

Are you trying to tell me that zip works for either HRC, the DNC, or German intelligence,... or that I'm wrong? I don't believe either TBH.

vonMises
10-15-2016, 05:46 PM
An interesting/unknowable question I think: would have wikileaks been given Hillary's and DNC's emails if Rand would have won?

Leaks from Wikileaks are rarely about Russia leading some people like myself to suspect that it's always had been a Russian operation and not some human rights organization that they have you believe about them. If Rand could be a useful idiot to the Russians, then yes, the Russian would do as much to help Rand win. ...and as you can see on this very forum, the Russian involvement in our elections started with Ron Paul going back to 2007...

P3ter_Griffin
10-15-2016, 05:56 PM
Leaks from Wikileaks are rarely about Russia leading some people like myself to suspect that it's always had been a Russian operation and not some human rights organization that they have you believe about them. If Rand could be a useful idiot to the Russians, then yes, the Russian would do as much to help Rand win. ...and as you can see on this very forum, the Russian involvement in our elections started with Ron Paul going back to 2007...

Why not release the email detailing their fear of Rand and intentions to promote Cruz and Trump when it would have mattered then? Don't bother trying to push this shit on me until you have laid out the case well. I've got an open mind as any.

vonMises
10-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Are you trying to tell me that zip works for either HRC, the DNC, or German intelligence,... or that I'm wrong? I don't believe either TBH.

I don't think that at all. It very much looks like that Assange and Wikileaks have always been shams but not our boy Edward Snowden even if Russian disinformation now implicates him as a Russian spy. Snowden released only 1% of the documents in his possession and never really compromised active agents in the field. Assange, who helped arrange Snowden's entry into Russia (which added to the idea that Assange has Russian ties) did try to get him to release more documents but he never budged. Anna Chapman, who was arrested as a Russian sleeper agent in New York just some 6 years ago as apart of an FBI sting operation to arrest nine other Russian spies, even tried to seduce Snowden but failed.

Zippyjuan
10-15-2016, 06:50 PM
I don't think that at all. It very much looks like that Assange and Wikileaks have always been shams but not our boy Edward Snowden even if Russian disinformation now implicates him as a Russian spy. Snowden released only 1% of the documents in his possession and never really compromised active agents in the field. Assange, who helped arrange Snowden's entry into Russia (which added to the idea that Assange has Russian ties) did try to get him to release more documents but he never budged. Anna Chapman, who was arrested as a Russian sleeper agent in New York just some 6 years ago as apart of an FBI sting operation to arrest nine other Russian spies, even tried to seduce Snowden but failed.

Snowden's goal was South America. He was only supposed to transit through Russia but the US pulled his passports so he was unable to leave. He would still like to leave. However, it is possible that Assange helped Russia get him by using Moscow as his transit point and they wanted to capture him there so Russia would have access to his intelligence on the US.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/edward-snowden-i-would-go-to-prison-to-return-to-the-united-states/

Snowden: I'd go to prison to return to U.S.

LONDON -- Edward Snowden says he has offered to return to the United States and go to jail for leaking details of National Security Agency programs to intercept electronic communications data on a vast scale.

The former NSA contractor flew to Moscow two years ago after revealing information about the previously secret eavesdropping powers, and faces U.S. charges that could land him in prison for up to 30 years.

Snowden told the BBC that he'd "volunteered to go to prison with the government many times," but had not received a formal plea-deal offer.

He said that "so far they've said they won't torture me, which is a start, I think. But we haven't gotten much further than that."

In an interview broadcast Monday on the BBC's "Panorama" program, Snowden said he and his lawyers were waiting for U.S. officials "to call us back."

Earlier this year, former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said a plea deal with Snowden was a possibility.

Snowden's revelations about the NSA, Britain's GCHQ and other intelligence agencies set off an international debate about spies' powers to monitor personal communications, and about the balance between security and privacy.

Critics say his disclosures harmed the ability of the United States and its allies to fight terrorism. FBI deputy director Mark Giuliano told the BBC that Snowden was a traitor.

"The question is, if I was a traitor, who did I betray?" Snowden said. "I gave all of my information to American journalists and free society generally.

"I have paid a price but I feel comfortable with the decisions I've made," he added. "If I'm gone tomorrow, I'm happy with what I had. I feel blessed."

Assange has been even more specific in most of his releases. Not just about the United States but even more focused- on Clinton and Obama. He seems to blame them for being stuck in the Ecuadoran Embassy for over three years now.

He had a visitor today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3839595/Pamela-Anderson-visits-WikiLeaks-founder-Julian-Assange-Ecuadorian-Embassy-London-laden-snacks-copy-Vivienne-Westwood-s-new-book.html

Pamela Anderson visits WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London... laden down with snacks and a copy of Vivienne Westwood's new book

She first met exiled WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in August 2014, when she sought advice from him about her nascent animal charity.

And on Saturday, Baywatch star Pamela Anderson made it clear that she still values his opinion - and his championing of information transparency - as she returned to the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for another visit.

Carrying bags of food from Pret-a-Manger, the blonde bombshell balanced sexy with sophisticated as she strutted into the embassy wearing a grey, form-fitting dress and a pink cardigan.

Apparently braless, Pamela walked into the embassy with the outline of her nipples prominently on show.

She elongated her slim pins in a pair of pointy salmon-coloured heels, which matched her cardigan perfectly.

Pamela fought off the bright London rays in a pair of throwback shades, which featured gold rims and white, oversized frames.

Pamela set up The Pamela Anderson Foundation at the start of 2014 with the goal of using her celebrity to help environmental causes and to protect vulnerable people and animals.

Since then she has raised awareness for organisations such as PETA and Mercy For Animals, and joined initiatives that seek to protect the Arctic, halt deforestation and speak out against the force feeding of ducks and geese, a practice used in the production of foie gras.

In August 2014 fashion designer and activist Vivienne Westwood introduced Pamela to Julian, which may explain why she carried a copy of Get A Life: The Diaries of Vivienne Westwood into her meeting with the exile on Saturday.

She seems to favor transparency as well.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/15/14/3967E63A00000578-0-image-m-43_1476536698678.jpg

vonMises
10-15-2016, 06:53 PM
Why not release the email detailing their fear of Rand and intentions to promote Cruz and Trump when it would have mattered then? Don't bother trying to push this $#@! on me until you have laid out the case well. I've got an open mind as any.

Well the email from Podesta just didn't fear Rand but also feared Bush, Rubio and a couple of other candidates and not just that, Podesta wanted the media to promote Trump, Cruz and Carson (the so-called "Pied Piper" candidates in his opinion), and I guess that's what the media did after all. This email sort of confirms a narrative that it was the Clintons who encouraged or played some role in having Trump run in the first place that had been covered in a Washington Post article last year. I would say though, that even if Trump was at first running at the Clintons behest, the Russians took advantage of this and did as much as they could to promote Trump as president. Putin has always maintained that Hillary's State Department tried to influence the 2011 Duma elections and then organized protests in Russia when the outcome didn't favor the United States. Hillary also said that Putin had no soul. Beyond geopolitical issues, Putin interfering with US elections is very much a personal matter.

Origanalist
10-15-2016, 07:21 PM

Ha ha ha ha, all very credible sources. That's the best laugh I've had in weeks.

Origanalist
10-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Lol, zippy got triggered.