PDA

View Full Version : Our Sample Ballot Arrived Today

euphemia
10-14-2016, 08:12 PM
The ones who gave me grief about saying only Democrats and Republicans are listed by party can read it and weep.

Only Republicans and Democrats are listed by party name. All others are listed as Independent Candidate.

Link (http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/ElectionCommission/docs/ballots/pdf/161108_SampleBallot.pdf)

John F Kennedy III
10-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Ouch.

euphemia
10-14-2016, 10:28 PM
This is how it goes in Tennessee. This two party system stinks and needs to go away.

HVACTech
10-14-2016, 11:11 PM
This is how it goes in Tennessee. This two party system stinks and needs to go away.

we, (the 07, 08 Ron Paul effort) took a pretty good shot at it...
and we got our asses handed to us... :o

it is beginning to look to me... like Trump learned from our failure... and went about it in a different way....

Ron Paul asked us to fight the battle by dealing with the Republicans. and enlightening our fellow Americans... correct?
and what did we find out?
the Republicans are neocons and our fellow Americans are brain dead.

Trump has managed to rally the brain dead Americans.... and is fighting with the Republicans....

I believe this to be a correct observation. thoughts?

euphemia
10-14-2016, 11:47 PM
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Does that even apply?

William Tell
10-14-2016, 11:53 PM
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Does that even apply?

No. My enemy and my other enemy are friends.

Jan2017
10-15-2016, 03:40 AM

Colorado ballots mailed out this weekend - three weeks of voting starts Oct 17
Many complex tax referendum questions for voters to decide - maybe locally - a $2.00 increase in a 75 cent cigarette tax per pack.

we, (the 07, 08 Ron Paul effort) took a pretty good shot at it...
and we got our asses handed to us... :o
RP got alot of people energized - so I'm not one who thinks of it all as we getting our arses handed to us,
since the other side / evil empire would make up results.

also, I recall Hannity disavowing internet debate results-
"Oh, it can't be Ron Paul leads / wins in our polling - yet RP always last in the spin room - arguing with Hannity - LOL, loved it

it is beginning to look to me... like Trump learned from our failure... and went about it in a different way....

Ron Paul asked us to fight the battle by dealing with the Republicans. and enlightening our fellow Americans... correct?
and what did we find out?
the Republicans are neocons and our fellow Americans are brain dead.

Trump has managed to rally the brain dead Americans.... and is fighting with the Republicans....

I believe this to be a correct observation. thoughts?

Great assessment and perspective imho.

Dr. No was fighting with them all too . . . pretty much all the time - LOL
But he was doing it making good, intelligent, and constitutional points.
Letters of Marque after 9/11 was a ridiculed idea by Faux News O'Reilly and Hannity

undergroundrr
10-15-2016, 09:35 AM

You almost sound as though you'd consider voting for Gary Johnson so he can get the 5% and we can have three major parties.

euphemia
10-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Nope.

HVACTech
10-15-2016, 08:14 PM
Colorado ballots mailed out this weekend - three weeks of voting starts Oct 17
Many complex tax referendum questions for voters to decide - maybe locally - a $2.00 increase in a 75 cent cigarette tax per pack.

RP got alot of people energized - so I'm not one who thinks of it all as we getting our arses handed to us,
since the other side / evil empire would make up results.

also, I recall Hannity disavowing internet debate results-
"Oh, it can't be Ron Paul leads / wins in our polling - yet RP always last in the spin room - arguing with Hannity - LOL, loved it

Great assessment and perspective imho.

Dr. No was fighting with them all too . . . pretty much all the time - LOL
But he was doing it making good, intelligent, and constitutional points.
Letters of Marque after 9/11 was a ridiculed idea by Faux News O'Reilly and Hannity

I find your observations to be correct. and spot on.

the US Constitution was written as a trade and defense compact only. and that is all that it was ever meant to be.. when it was passed in 1789.
and in fact... that is all that it remains as, until this very day...

and then.. folks started "Amending" it. IMHO. ALL the Amendments past the 10th need to be shitcanned.

Letters of Marque and reprisal were included by our founders specifically for dealing with "terrorists" (pirates)

“I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.”

was Thomas Jefferson... talking about "political correctness" here?
http://www.westernjournalism.com/political-correctness-tyranny-of-the-mind/

Zippyjuan
10-15-2016, 08:26 PM
Got my voting guide today. Two parts and over 500 pages long (we have two stadium ballot issues and they account for about 400 or more of those).

euphemia
10-15-2016, 08:57 PM
Got my voting guide today. Two parts and over 500 pages long (we have two stadium ballot issues and they account for about 400 or more of those).

This, right here, is why we need less government. Why is government involved in building anything? Why do citizens, who can't afford the price of PSLs and tickets, have to pay for these stadiums?