PDA

View Full Version : If there's one thing I've learned...

noiseordinance
12-09-2007, 02:19 AM
... it's how to handle a middle finger in my face. Seriously, going out on the streets of Portland, Oregon is sorta rough. Lots of liberal, pro-choice democrats walking the streets here. People aren't afraid to flip us off. It's one thing when it's a car going by, but when a person does it at point-blank range, it's a real test of self-restraint.

Anything for Ron Paul though. :)

GregVernon
12-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I've learned that too.
I attend BYU-Idaho, very pro-Romney. I always like it when people throw stuff at my window and shout "Ron Paul is Gay!"

AlexAmore
12-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I've learned that too.
I attend BYU-Idaho, very pro-Romney. I always like it when people throw stuff at my window and shout "Ron Paul is Gay!"

Respond with: "Who wears more make-up?!?"

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Mitt_Romney_spent_nearly_2K_on_0719.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/4982.html

silverhandorder
12-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Try talking to a guy in Brooklyn why Ghouiliany is not going to win.

steph3n
12-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Try talking to a guy in Brooklyn why Ghouiliany is not going to win.

that would be pretty easy :D

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 02:31 AM
... it's how to handle a middle finger in my face. Seriously, going out on the streets of Portland, Oregon is sorta rough. Lots of liberal, pro-choice democrats walking the streets here. People aren't afraid to flip us off. It's one thing when it's a car going by, but when a person does it at point-blank range, it's a real test of self-restraint.

Why would they flip off supporters of an anti war candidate?

silverhandorder
12-09-2007, 02:33 AM
that would be pretty easy :D

You right I lied, we liberal here but I get a lot of good responses in support of RP. I can't stand talking to uninformed kids in my college. A large percentage literally think Guiliany can fix America.

Bodhi
12-09-2007, 02:33 AM

I bet over half of those people just see "Repbulican from Texas" the way I did. I didn't "get it" until I heard Dr. Paul speak.

I'm glad you have self-restraint and I am sure your efforts will lead at least a few people to look him up on the internet, if only to reassure themselves that they hate him. Of course when they do, they will find what I found and you will have brought the message to one more person.

mavtek
12-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Wow I've had some warmongers flip me off, but no liberals. The best way to respond is with a smile.

GregVernon
12-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Respond with: "Who wears more make-up?!?"

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Mitt_Romney_spent_nearly_2K_on_0719.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/4982.html

I wish that worked :/

noiseordinance
12-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Why would they flip off supporters of an anti war candidate?

In a land of bumper stickers that read "Keep your policies out of my ovaries," a pro-life republican isn't too popular. Those types typically don't allow me to explain his stance, but all in all, the effort is worthwhile and I find myself saddened when it starts getting dark. It's fun to make a difference. We actually march in a ten-person parade type action, taking on the streets downtown in high foot-trafficked areas. We frequently run into interested groups of people in which we engulf them with information in a non-aggressive, friendly manner.

I just love the younger types though that think they are cutting edge because they watch MTV and thus prefer Obama over Billery. :D

I'm ranting though. What I'm saying is Portland is weird.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 03:07 AM
In a land of bumper stickers that read "Keep your policies out of my ovaries," a pro-life republican isn't too popular. Those types typically don't allow me to explain his stance, but all in all, the effort is worthwhile and I find myself saddened when it starts getting dark. It's fun to make a difference. We actually march in a ten-person parade type action, taking on the streets downtown in high foot-trafficked areas. We frequently run into interested groups of people in which we engulf them with information in a non-aggressive, friendly manner.

I just love the younger types though that think they are cutting edge because they watch MTV and thus prefer Obama over Billery. :D

I'm ranting though. What I'm saying is Portland is weird.

so? kucinich used to be pro life. anyway, you shouldn't tell liberals he's pro life, you should say he believes in state's rights.

AlexAmore
12-09-2007, 03:08 AM
"Keep your policies out of my ovaries,"

Then stop putting life in there.

lol

noiseordinance
12-09-2007, 03:17 AM

lol

LOL, that's great!!

But yeah, I don't tell anyone he's pro-life unless they ask. I'm just saying, the ones who flip us off are the ones who are pro-choice and already know about him. What's encouraging though is the chic who put her finger in my face today said "what's with all these f***in' Ron Paul people?!? Jesus, they're EVERYWHERE!!!"

On a funny side note, we were walking by a business, in fact, a tobacco shop, and an employee flipped us off through the window, while he was on the clock. We threw him peace signs, so he took both of his middle fingers and put them together, like a peace sign comprised of middle fingers. lol. :P

steph3n
12-09-2007, 03:18 AM

lol

I could say things about this "pro choice" stuff but in the end in MOST cases it comes down to personal responsibility.

AlexAmore
12-09-2007, 03:29 AM
LOL, that's great!!

But yeah, I don't tell anyone he's pro-life unless they ask. I'm just saying, the ones who flip us off are the ones who are pro-choice and already know about him. What's encouraging though is the chic who put her finger in my face today said "what's with all these f***in' Ron Paul people?!? Jesus, they're EVERYWHERE!!!"

On a funny side note, we were walking by a business, in fact, a tobacco shop, and an employee flipped us off through the window, while he was on the clock. We threw him peace signs, so he took both of his middle fingers and put them together, like a peace sign comprised of middle fingers. lol. :P

Haha awesome stories...i've read em like 4 times and laugh every time.

foofighter20x
12-09-2007, 04:36 AM
LOL, that's great!!

I wouldn't say that politically Dr Paul is pro-life.

If he asked, especially in Oregon, I'd tell them he's pro-State government. Then tell them about how Oregon passed physician-assisted suicide and medical marijuana, and how the fed meddled and attempted to put a stop to it. They didn't like the federal government butting into state business then, did they? So why make an exception for the federal government to butt into state business on abortion, something it has no consitutional power to do?

austin356
12-09-2007, 04:44 AM
The middle from Liberals?

They are very welcoming here. Its actually the conservatives we are having trouble with.

Also African Americans are perhaps as a whole the most receptive group, and are perhaps the least brainwashed group that I have been talking too.

greves
12-09-2007, 04:47 AM
Wow I've had some warmongers flip me off, but no liberals. The best way to respond is with a smile.

Exactly. Just make sure that you don't do anything back. A middle finger, even though its a pretty stupid symbol, is a symbol of aggression. WWRPD? Just give a smile, and tell them politely why they're wrong :)

xao
12-09-2007, 05:11 AM

The mean streets of portland? lol

I've visited parts of Oregon and even Portland a few times. Some things I noticed. The people there are extremely ugly. I mean probably the ugliest people of any state. I'm not joking btw.

There's a lot of poor people there. Lots of homeless people.(nothing against them).

In fact I think most of the california hippies that couldn't hang in california went to Oregon. I've been told this by people from Oregon that are hippies. I mean older ones. The funny thing is that they hate californians, yet they used to be californians. Though I think many of them were red baby east coasters first.

The less of them in ca. the better I say. And those liberals or whatever we're calling them now are just marxists. Call them what they are. They're too dense to understand that Ron's position on abortion should be left up to the states. I.e. however the people vote.

Btw maybe we can ship out all the loser from haight ashbury. That area of Frisco actually used to be a cool place in the 1950s. A friend of mine's relative was a beatnik. She knew timothy leary.

Ozwest
12-09-2007, 05:24 AM
They're all scared shitless!

This is a good sign.

Thanks for manning the front-lines.

Ozwest
12-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Whoa Xao!

No telling when a Hippie will kick your ass.

xao
12-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Whoa Xao!

No telling when a Hippie will kick your ass.

Are we talking smelly out of shape hippie or modern day viking? Those are two different things.

Ozwest
12-09-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm 49, and was a Hippie many years ago, almost benching 300 lbs. , am of Scandinavian decent, and use products.

Wanna fight? If not,I'll have your woman.

Poor little old me. Grrrr...

rodent
12-09-2007, 05:37 AM
The middle from Liberals?

They are very welcoming here. Its actually the conservatives we are having trouble with.

Also African Americans are perhaps as a whole the most receptive group, and are perhaps the least brainwashed group that I have been talking too.

They sell conspiracy DVDs on the streets of Harlem, you know. You can go down 125th any day of the week and find people selling strange body oils and DVDs about why Katrina was a eugenics attempt against blacks.

There's probably a strong market for a black Alex Jones.

xao
12-09-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm 49, and was a Hippie many years ago, almost benching 300 lbs. , am of Scandinavian decent, and use products.

Hahaha funny stuff but I doubt you could take me unless you're over 6'5
300, not bad, I do about 320. What products do you use? For the missing hair? :D
I used to bounce for a living.

xao
12-09-2007, 05:53 AM
They sell conspiracy DVDs on the streets of Harlem, you know. You can go down 125th any day of the week and find people selling strange body oils and DVDs about why Katrina was a eugenics attempt against blacks.

There's probably a strong market for a black Alex Jones.

Hahaha

Ozwest
12-09-2007, 05:56 AM
xao,

You remind me of my younger brother.

Bless his heart.

noiseordinance
12-10-2007, 07:56 PM
The mean streets of portland? lol

I never said the streets of Portland are mean. I was born and raised in the shittiest areas of Long Beach, CA. You know, where Snoop and Dr. Dre represent. LOL. :)

I've visited parts of Oregon and even Portland a few times. Some things I noticed. The people there are extremely ugly. I mean probably the ugliest people of any state. I'm not joking btw.

Now that's just plain retarded.

james1844
12-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah, thats rough. Its also no fun going canvassing and having people see my Ron Paul button and then slam their doors in my face...

saahmed
12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
While volunteering at a Ron Paul rally in Iowa City I had to practice a lot of self-restraint. As I was handing out fliers, one person told me that we should just bomb all the Muslims, not realizing that I was Muslim. Then on my walk back to the car I heard a couple "Fuck Ron Paul"s and one "Ron Paul is a Nazi". But, I guess people are always afraid of change.

noiseordinance
12-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Jeeze, that's insane you guys. People are freaking nuts. You know, I'm glad we have restraint though sometimes I wonder, "You know, do these people think I'm working right now? What makes them think I won't put down this sign and punch them in the face?" Of course, I do consider going out on the street "working," since I am representing Ron Paul and would prefer to smile than make his campaign look bad, but some people have a lot of nerve.:rolleyes:

Grandson of Liberty
12-11-2007, 01:31 AM

Hahaha funny stuff but I doubt you could take me unless you're over 6'5
300, not bad, I do about 320. What products do you use? For the missing hair? :D
I used to bounce for a living.

I say Xao vs. Ozwest in a pay-per-view event with all proceeds going to Ron Paul! :D