PDA

View Full Version : East Lansing OKs pot smoking, possession of small quantities

jct74
10-13-2016, 11:34 PM
East Lansing OKs pot smoking, possession of small quantities

Alexander Alusheff
October 12, 2016

EAST LANSING - If you're over the age of 21, you can now smoke marijuana in your front yard in East Lansing without being arrested.

Kind of.

East Lansing passed an ordinance Tuesday night that allows people over the age of 21 to use or possess less than an ounce of marijuana on private property. For those under the age of 21, it's a civil infraction that carries a fine of $25 and community service or a required substance abuse course.

So getting high on private property is fine under the city's ordinances. State law still considers the use or possession of marijuana a misdemeanor, punishable by of up to one year in jail.

The ordinance passed at city council with a 4-1 vote, with Councilwoman Shanna Draheim voting against the proposal because she had concerns over whether the state Attorney General’s Office would sue the city for going against state law.

read more:
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2016/10/12/east-lansing-oks-pot-smoking-possession-small-quantities/91955036/

DamianTV
10-14-2016, 02:03 AM
Smoking pot was never their permission to grant to begin with.

John F Kennedy III
10-14-2016, 02:17 AM
Smoking pot was never their permission to grant to begin with.

Exactly.

DamianTV
10-14-2016, 08:37 AM
Exactly.

I just wanted to make sure that is clearly understood. ALthough a small victory, we have a long way to go as far as understanding what Rights truly are. If you "own yourself", where Ownership of Private Property (you own yourself) which is the foundation of Rights, then you can do what ever you want to yourself and do NOT need to ask Permission for something you have a Right to do.

Just for sake of controversy, I think that Driving While Stoned is still debatable...

pcosmar
10-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Just for sake of controversy, I think that Driving While Stoned is still debatable...

And you are free to think that,, and debate it.

I am in favor of it. Especially driving in stressful conditions..

John F Kennedy III
10-14-2016, 02:42 PM
Driving while stoned is similar to driving while drunk. Some people can ingest crazy amounts of intoxicants and still drive as good or better than if they were sober.

It's also different in that weed doesn't impair your motor skills. Besides maybe reaction time, but if you're that inexperienced with weed maybe it's best if you decide to just drive sober.

DamianTV
10-14-2016, 09:08 PM
And you are free to think that,, and debate it.

I am in favor of it. Especially driving in stressful conditions..

Some people can handle it better than others. Alcoholics definitely have a higher tolerance to alcohol than less frequent drinkers. On either side, I think what does need to be removed as far as it can be is the financial incentive for both insurance and the Just-Us system to fine everybody for every minor infraction. Other side is that drunks do get people killed, and I have a nasty internal debate on the whole mess due to the very high risk of injury to others of driving while drunk or stoned.

One thing I know for sure is what we have currently is not working as intended, and we may not have an opportunity for trying other resolutions for a very long time.

First thing that needs to go is Age Restrictions. If youre old enough to die for your country, then youre old enough to drink or smoke. Personally I think ALL age restrictions need to go, as AF would say, "... in the woods" with the rest of their utterly deceptive twaddlespeak.

pcosmar
10-14-2016, 09:20 PM
Some people can handle it better than others. Alcoholics definitely have a higher tolerance to alcohol than less frequent drinkers. On either side, I think what does need to be removed as far as it can be is the financial incentive for both insurance and the Just-Us system to fine everybody for every minor infraction. Other side is that drunks do get people killed, and I have a nasty internal debate on the whole mess due to the very high risk of injury to others of driving while drunk or stoned.

One thing I know for sure is what we have currently is not working as intended, and we may not have an opportunity for trying other resolutions for a very long time.

First thing that needs to go is Age Restrictions. If youre old enough to die for your country, then youre old enough to drink or smoke. Personally I think ALL age restrictions need to go, as AF would say, "... in the woods" with the rest of their utterly deceptive twaddlespeak.

For the most part i agree,,

I do not blame things for human actions and choices.

I don't blame bruises or a hangover on the alcohol. I chose it.

and for the record,, I have been driving since I was 12 or 13. I fix cars. I don't wreck them.

If I am ever in an automobile accident it may have several causes,,Catastrophic mechanical failure,, Hazardous weather/Road conditions, Other Drivers, and possibly though unlikely,,My own mistake.

It will not be due to any substance I generally consume (poisoning excluded)