PDA

View Full Version : Outsourced IT Workers Ask Sen Feinstein For Help, Get Form Letter in Return

DamianTV
10-13-2016, 08:38 AM
https://it.slashdot.org/story/16/10/12/1447229/outsourced-it-workers-ask-sen-feinstein-for-help-get-form-letter-in-return

Reader dcblogs writes:

A University of California IT employee whose job is being outsourced to India recently wrote Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) for help. Feinstein's office sent back a letter addressing manufacturing job losses, not IT, and offered the worker no assistance. "I am being asked to do knowledge transfer to a foreigner so they can take over my job in February of 2017," the employee, wrote in part. The employee is part of a group of 50 IT workers and another 30 contractors facing layoffs after the university hired an offshore outsourcing firm. The firm, India-based HCL, won a contract to manage infrastructure services. Since the layoffs became public, the school has posted Labor Condition Applications (LCA) notices -- as required by federal law when H-1B workers are being placed. UCSF employees have seen these notices and made some available to Computerworld. They show that the jobs posted are for programmer analyst II and network administrator IV. For the existing UCSF employees, the notices were disheartening. "Many of us can easily fill the job. We are training them to replace us," said one employee who requested anonymity because he is still employed by the university.

Sponsored in part by the Department of Redundancy Department. Yes, I said Department twice cuz that is how it is in the Bureaucracy name.

Danke
10-13-2016, 09:08 AM
Too bad we can't outsource politicians.

timosman
10-13-2016, 09:17 AM
Too bad we can't outsource politicians.

Progress takes time.