PDA

View Full Version : RedState: We Should Have Nominated Rand Paul

jct74
10-12-2016, 11:27 PM
We Should Have Nominated Rand Paul

by Brandon Morse
October 11, 2016

If you pay any attention to politics, I'm sure you've seen a few articles floating around with headlines like "Hillary Was Afraid of Rand Paul." The articles talk about the leaked emails and how the Hillary campaign analyzed the different candidates they would have to face. They wanted to face people like Trump, and Cruz. The last person they wanted to put Hillary up against was the Senator from Kentucky. Many of my friends and I supported Rand Paul from the beginning, and now I'm happy to see that we were correct in our assumptions.

According to the leaked Clinton campaign emails, Paul was terrifying because he appealed to everyone Hillary goes to for easy votes. Her campaign's strategy was to attempt to make him seem like someone whom those groups would not have voted for, but that would have been a very tall order.

"What to undermine: the idea he is a “different” kind of Republican," said the email. "His stance on the military and his appeal to millennials and communities of color."

Hillary was already up against the wall with the black vote, seeing as how she and her husband championed measures that put so many young black men in jail, tearing apart families, and destroying lives. Paul, on the other hand, champions criminal justice reform, which lowers crime, saves money, and keeps the black community from becoming a place where you eventually go to jail from. The Clinton campaign wouldn't have stood a chance.

read more:
http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/10/11/nominated-rand-paul/

timosman
10-12-2016, 11:32 PM
At least now we can use Rand to try to take down Trump. :rolleyes:

AZJoe
10-13-2016, 12:06 AM
"We Should Have Nominated Rand Paul" - This from Redstate?

I think I need to check for flying pigs. This is progress. We are making a difference.

The Northbreather
10-13-2016, 01:05 AM
W T Actual F

cindy25
10-13-2016, 01:46 AM
I wonder how a Trump/Rand ticket would have done

Origanalist
10-13-2016, 08:19 AM
read more:
http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/10/11/nominated-rand-paul/

They are a little slow on the uptake, but ok.

juleswin
10-13-2016, 08:27 AM

I think I need to check for flying pigs. This is progress. We are making a difference.

Not entirely, that one writer for redstate supports Rand or that some editor lets this piece run after the nominating process is over does not make a difference. Heck, even Scarbrough was singing Ron's praises once the race was over.

You know we are making a difference once they start properly covering him and stop smearing him during the primaries. I don't quite know what this is but this is no progress. Its sorta like scoring a field goal in the 4 th quarter to avoid a shutout kinda moral victory, feels good but meaningless.

donnay
10-13-2016, 08:37 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah...long after it would make a difference one way or another. Just more nonsense to keep the division--typical. The neocons really want Hillary as president.

Origanalist
10-13-2016, 08:41 AM
Maybe next week they will say we should have nominated Ron Paul.

donnay
10-13-2016, 08:56 AM
Maybe next week they will say we should have nominated Ron Paul.

I don't think they will ever admit that because people may seek him out and learn about Liberty.

juleswin
10-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah...long after it would make a difference one way or another. Just more nonsense to keep the division--typical. The neocons really want Hillary as president.

And how did they plan to achieve that goal? they did it my helping electing the biggest buffoon of a man knowing that he could be easily defeated. Trump is like the biggest strawman ever built. He is so flammable that you don't even have to light it on fire to destroy him, he does that himself. He is programmed to auto destruct once his mouth starts moving.

We warned of this but you guys did not listen. Now its time to reap what was sown. The Clintons won this time around.

Instead, we chose reality tv, bread, and circuses. We chose a man who attracted some of the worst elements of America to him in the form of unabashed, full on racists. We chose a candidate who encouraged people to rise who would rather shock and disgust, because they felt it the best way to combat a long ruling left. They chose a man who would rather divide his own party, than attempt to unite it and win. They chose a pig. A man proud of sleeping around with married women as he lusted after others while his wife was pregnant.

Fav part of the article.

donnay
10-13-2016, 10:05 AM
And how did they plan to achieve that goal? they did it my helping electing the biggest buffoon of a man knowing that he could be easily defeated. Trump is like the biggest strawman ever built. He is so flammable that you don't even have to light it on fire to destroy him, he does that himself. He is programmed to auto destruct once his mouth starts moving.

We warned of this but you guys did not listen. Now its time to reap what was sown. The Clintons won this time around.

Are you kidding me, from the get-go these so-called Republicans (actually neocons) didn't want Trump in. They were arrogant from the beginning thinking everyone would fall for Jeb--when Jeb failed they pointed to Rubio, when Rubio failed they turned to Cruz. After underestimating the American people, they started prattling on how they might inject Romney back in for the third time, hoping it would be a charm.

Even in Hillary's hacked email they thought Trump was not a clear and present danger to them--the other half of the neocons strategy.

It's all smoke and mirrors regardless. It's designed to make people think they have a choice, nevertheless.

juleswin
10-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Are you kidding me, from the get-go these so-called Republicans (actually neocons) didn't want Trump in. They were arrogant from the beginning thinking everyone would fall for Jeb--when Jeb failed they pointed to Rubio, when Rubio failed they turned to Cruz. After underestimating the American people, they started prattling on how they might inject Romney back in for the third time, hoping it would be a charm.

Even in Hillary's hacked email they thought Trump was not a clear and present danger to them--the other half of the neocons strategy.

It's all smoke and mirrors regardless. It's designed to make people think they have a choice, nevertheless.

Yes, it is all smokes and mirrors and the didn't consider Trump to be a real danger to them which is more reason why they(the faction of the neocon that supports Hillary) supported the nomination of Trump. Believe me, if they did not want him to be the nominee, they would have given him the silence treatment. I would agree with you that the faction of the neocon that supported Bush did not support Trump but the faction that backed Hillary absolutely wanted to face off against Trump. Make no mistake about that.

donnay
10-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Yes, it is all smokes and mirrors and the didn't consider Trump to be a real danger to them which is more reason why they(the faction of the neocon that supports Hillary) supported the nomination of Trump. Believe me, if they did not want him to be the nominee, they would have given him the silence treatment. I would agree with you that the faction of the neocon that supported Bush did not support Trump but the faction that backed Hillary absolutely wanted to face off against Trump. Make no mistake about that.

It's been pretty silent since the convention. The only reason they have started making noise is to denounce him over that leaked tape where he is taking smack with Billy Bush (cousin of George W and Jeb). Which rumor has it, was leaked by the neocons.

Brian4Liberty
10-13-2016, 11:45 AM

They are not coming around. Redstate is a neocon/teocon outlet. Positive coverage of the Paul's will only happen when it doesn't matter, and it's meant to help them in some roundabout way.