PDA

View Full Version : D.v.d.

RohanT
06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Now open to the public. I've put together a compilation of RP's televised appearances as well as some amateur footage of his speeches in various states.

The breakdown:

GOP Debates
- South Carolina
- New Hampshire
- Simi Valley

Television Interviews
- Real Time with Bill Maher
- Daily Show
- Conversation with the Candidate (NH)
- Lou Dobbs Tonight
- NH Radio

Campaign Tour
- NH Tour
- Austin Fundraiser
- Arizona
- RP Revolution

Capitol Speeches
- U.S. Economic Outlook aka Bernanke Bitchslap
- In the Name of Patriotism

I recommend using lightscribe DVD+R media as the labels come out hella nice.

Screens:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/RohanT/PDVD_000.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/RohanT/PDVD_001.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/RohanT/PDVD_002.jpg

Original Image for LS Soft.:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/RohanT/LS_OLabel.jpg
After:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/RohanT/LS_Label.jpg

The file is available on the torrent network:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3728002

If you get a connection error, it means the tracker is down. Just wait it out.

angrydragon
06-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Wow, looking good.

literatim
06-30-2007, 04:17 PM
You need to seed it to distribute it, otherwise others won't be able to seed it.

MidTN4Ron
06-30-2007, 04:18 PM
no seeders at present :(

guntherg16
06-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm downloading right now. I'm connected to 1 seed and 11 peers.

austin356
06-30-2007, 04:28 PM
yea baby I got .1% now!

whoever is 10bj39f........ I am hookin' u up at about 20kBps

austin356
06-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm downloading right now. I'm connected to 1 seed and 11 peers.

how am I getting 2 seeds?

guntherg16
06-30-2007, 04:33 PM
how am I getting 2 seeds?

I also have 2 now. Excellent!

beermotor
06-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm at 82.5%, so I'll be seeding sometime tomorrow.

By the way, this is so punk and underground that it makes me want to take off my shirt and mosh around the neighborhood. hahaha

MidTN4Ron
06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Well this sucks. For some reason I can't connect to the tracker. Using Tomato for Mac; never had this problem before. Any suggestions from the techies?

literatim
06-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Well this sucks. For some reason I can't connect to the tracker. Using Tomato for Mac; never had this problem before. Any suggestions from the techies?

Seeders need to put it on more than one tracker.

beermotor
06-30-2007, 04:49 PM

I'm not a veteran torrenter, but when I started leeching some um files and stuff, I had to wait a while after starting up the client program for it to kick in. I thought it was busted, but it just took it about 5 minutes before it started connecting to the various seeds and peers.

Just give it a little bit, leave it running, and see if that does the trick.

cmason
06-30-2007, 05:04 PM

Try Azureus. I've used that on the Mac for years and it works great. (Also available for windows and Linux.)

rockjoa
06-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Please continue to seed after finished downloading.

Currently i'm uploading more than downloading
up 72/ down 45

I'm the Azureus 3 at about .3%

cmason
06-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Please continue to seed after finished downloading.

Currently i'm uploading more than downloading
up 72/ down 45

I'm the Azureus 3 at about .3%

You might be better with 2.5. Version 3 is just useless bloat.

rockjoa
06-30-2007, 05:53 PM
I actually like version 3 with the vuze interface. Switching from easy to advanced mode is nice to have.

It says 1 day left to download hopefully it picks up, leave your pc on overnight.

Buggan
06-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm dowloading in approximately 20 kB/s. However I'll keep my computer on until I get this file and then I'll keep seeding it. I'll be able to seed it very well, because one thing that's good about Sweden is that we have very fast Internet connections, I can download/upload for around 6 MiB/s.

Information is the currency of democracy:)

RohanT
06-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm dowloading in approximately 20 kB/s. However I'll keep my computer on until I get this file and then I'll keep seeding it. I'll be able to seed it very well, because one thing that's good about Sweden is that we have very fast Internet connections, I can download/upload for around 6 MiB/s.

Information is the currency of democracy:)

PM your IP so I can move you up the peer list.

Alabama Supporter
07-01-2007, 07:41 AM
I just got done downloading the DVD, and it is awesome.

This should appeal to everyone.

It has all the greatest hits content. There is a lot of content on this disc.

sunny
07-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Now open to the public. I've put together a compilation of RP's televised appearances as well as some amateur footage of his speeches in various states.

The breakdown:

GOP Debates
- South Carolina
- New Hampshire
- Simi Valley

Television Interviews
- Daily Show
- Lou Dobbs Tonight
- NH Radio

Campaign Tour
- NH Tour
- Austin Fundraiser
- Arizona
- RP Revolution

Capitol Speeches

I recommend using lightscribe DVD+R media as the labels come out hella nice.

The file is available on the torrent network:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3728002

If you get a connection error, it means the tracker is down. Just wait it out.

thanks rohan - wow!
hey i've 4 seeds now - it's growing!

do you use www.mininova.org at all?

rockjoa
07-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Great dvd! well made menus. Would of liked higher quality video but no big deal. Thank you!

I've been seeding maxing out my 768 Kbps(~75 up) upload(fast for the US).

If you have a broadband, a dvd burner, and a decent amount of hard drive space this is great to have so you can burn copies to give out.

I was waiting for a dvd like this to come out and here it is.:)

nayjevin
07-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Everything is coming together right now -- before July 4. That is awesome. Thanks abunch for this work. 10 seeds, 6 peers, 200 kB/s

danda
07-01-2007, 10:57 AM
This is great, and something I've been waiting for. I am currently downloading, and plan to burn a bunch of copies to give out. It's great that you provide a DVD label image as well.

ShaneC
07-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm getting around 200-230k down at the moment, 16 seeds - 10 peers.

only about 100k up

rockjoa
07-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Digg it
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_2008_DVD_torrent

RohanT
07-01-2007, 02:07 PM
mornin' folks,

The torrents been uploaded to a few search engines, including mininova, so speeds should pickup when it pans out.

The Droppix label maker comes highly recommended for the lightscribe, check the first page for an update.

MidTN4Ron
07-01-2007, 02:21 PM
After some intial problems I was able to d/l the file. I am still uploading.

Yet another question for you techies. If I copy the iso file to a dvd+/-r will it be executable or do I need to use a program? I'm asking because idvd doesn't seem to recognize the iso file.

rockjoa
07-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Copying over the iso won't work it does need to be burned with a iso burning application. Many pcs/dvd burners come with software to do this. Try right clicking the file and see if there is an option to burn the iso to a disk.

If not here is a list of many free burning apps
http://www.portablefreeware.com/?c=5&sc=64

beermotor
07-01-2007, 03:08 PM
After some intial problems I was able to d/l the file. I am still uploading.

Yet another question for you techies. If I copy the iso file to a dvd+/-r will it be executable or do I need to use a program? I'm asking because idvd doesn't seem to recognize the iso file.

Yeah .iso is an "image" file, so if your burning app has some ability to burn a CD image, then that's what you'll be wanting to select. If not, follow the guy above me's advice.

Man from La Mancha
07-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I down loaded last night Azureus 3 on to my win xp 2.3 mhz computer and within 3 min of receiving it I started downloading the DVD. Even though the little smiley tracker face stayed yellow I was receiving an average of 80kbs, sometimes as much as 150. My uploading is around 40. My problem for not faster speeds is my second inline modem for my phone service.

As far as the DVD is. Given what he had to work with I think it's very good. The music is sometimes too loud compared to the speaking and some words were hard to read at the begining clip with flag waving behind it. I think just a blue screen would of been better. There's plenty of flag in the wind behind it anyway.

Well done, I know this a very time consuming process that can take dozens of hours of work so I really appreciate it. I've looked at about 1/3 of it.

I wish the Ron Paul 2008 website could have a big library of high quality videos to use.

literatim
07-01-2007, 06:24 PM
For the version two, I recommend a couple things. Get rid of the entrance video. Sure it is good to watch the first time, but like anything else it wears. Second, download the debates off torrent and use higher quality versions of them.

Man from La Mancha
07-01-2007, 06:51 PM
lilretim could you recommend some good sites to get these torrents from?

raille
07-01-2007, 11:20 PM
You didn't tell us... :) I'll hook my servers up to it. Do you mind if I post it to the video website for the other project?

cjhowe
07-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Excellent job on the DVD. A very good primer for those unfamiliar with Ron Paul's and his views.

RohanT
07-02-2007, 02:07 AM
You didn't tell us... :) I'll hook my servers up to it. Do you mind if I post it to the video website for the other project?

Its all good.

Let me know if the LS label uploaded to ftp.

Bakeat98.6°
07-06-2007, 01:39 AM
I am DL'ing and am at about 19%

I will leave this torrent open FOREVER once it is done...

I have told EVERYONE I know about Ron Paul but most of my family and friends are not into politics, or just vote republican no matter who runs which disturbs me greatly!!

Even if I have to Write him in RON PAUL is the ONLY person I will vote for, and I consider myself a "liberal"

Look up the definition of "liberal" before you attack, Liberal is NOT a bad thing.. I believe in JUSTICE, and helping those in need which is how I have lead my life!!!

ANYWAY... I am happy to be here, and look forward to discussing the issues (and hopefully actually meeting up with) with SMART, INFORMED, and OUTRAGED people.

ATJ
North Jersey...

beermotor
07-06-2007, 05:01 AM
I am DL'ing and am at about 19%

I will leave this torrent open FOREVER once it is done...

I have told EVERYONE I know about Ron Paul but most of my family and friends are not into politics, or just vote republican no matter who runs which disturbs me greatly!!

Even if I have to Write him in RON PAUL is the ONLY person I will vote for, and I consider myself a "liberal"

Look up the definition of "liberal" before you attack, Liberal is NOT a bad thing.. I believe in JUSTICE, and helping those in need which is how I have lead my life!!!

ANYWAY... I am happy to be here, and look forward to discussing the issues (and hopefully actually meeting up with) with SMART, INFORMED, and OUTRAGED people.

ATJ
North Jersey...

Glad to have ya... keep spreadin' the word.

jd603
07-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I am leeching/seeding this right now. I plan to offer the file via HTTP/FTP too for easy access.

Ron Neil
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks RohanT,

Can't wait to watch your Ron Paul creation.

Can you watch it online somewhere?

Ron

Ron Neil
07-08-2007, 08:54 PM
I have the Tennessee v1 4/9/07

Which one is this?

Ron

jj111
07-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I've never made DVD labels before. How do you do it? Does the DVD burner itself draw the label onto the disk, or do you print out circular stickers and stick them on the DVD? Please advise. Thanks.

RohanT
07-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks RohanT,

Can't wait to watch your Ron Paul creation.

Can you watch it online somewhere?

Ron

Thats a negative on the Google. GV doesn't support DVD structure.

To set the record straight on the video sources: First Play "Hope for America" & Aravoth's Stop Dreaming (props) are Youtube sources. The rest are from torrents.

Also, I've had a few people ask me about the legality of the DVD. I must point out the song during the main menu clip is copyrighted. I do not recommend handing one of these to someone wearing a "I <3 RIAA" shirt. This DVD is meant for close friends, family, and people you trust. If you have already handed this out to strangers, don't worry about it. The chances of you getting caught are worse than Michael Jackson being a father.

For those who aren't tech savvy, you can stop reading here.

If you've encoded video before, you're familiar with the tradeoff between quality & quantity. Since the DVD holds over 2 hours of runtime, there was a huge tradeoff b/n quality & quantity. This is on top of the low encode rate of the sources. Even so, the video was run through CCE with a 3d denoiser filter and came out better than the source.

The lot of you barking for HQ video are straight out luck. The best you'll find are the ones out on torrent. If you're working on the next distro, I'll be glad to help -> Shoot me a PM.

Hooah.

Ron Neil
07-10-2007, 03:30 AM
I asked before. Which version of the video is this. I have the Tenn. v1 from 4/9/07 and want to know if this one is newer.

beermotor
07-10-2007, 04:40 AM
This is newer I believe. I'm seeding both torrents now, one I got on June 30th and the other first week of July.

So that'd make them both newer than a 4/9 version.

Man from La Mancha
07-10-2007, 05:22 AM
I've never made DVD labels before. How do you do it? Does the DVD burner itself draw the label onto the disk, or do you print out circular stickers and stick them on the DVD? Please advise. Thanks.

Just google it

EvoPro
07-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Just google it

I googled it. Couldn't find anything. Could you just give me a hint at least??

RohanT
07-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Bump hooah.

Chester Copperpot
07-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Bump hooah.

I dunno.. when it comes to torrents Im at a complete loss.... I can explain the federal reserve to someone in 30 seconds but I cant seem to figure out torrents.

I go to kazaa alot and such d/l stuff and all.. I understand the seeding and leeching.. Im not sure if I need certain software to begin the downloading or not..

but Id like to have these dvds so I can burn them and hand them out for the federal reserve's birthday party we might be having....

If anybody can help me out Id appreciate it.. thanks

mike

quickmike
07-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Just put the actual cd in your printer, and print directly to it. Make sure you warm up the cd so it bends while it goes through the printer though;)

Man from La Mancha
07-11-2007, 02:45 AM
If you pick up any dvd label package at the stores they sometimes tell you on the box. Look it's just a sticky piece of paper you print on the using an plastic tool that comes with kit that centers the label on the dvd and presses it down. By one and read the instructions and if it doesn't work take it back

I did a search and came up the a lot of info on forum boards and most agree with me that labels suck. I've used them and don't like them. They unbalance the dvd and then it skips.

Just buy an epson printer that prints on dvd's and extra continuous ink supply you get on ebay. With these 2 items you will cheaply be able to print hundreds of flyers or dvd's for pennies each. but of course if you don't need printer or can't afford one just write on the dvd==Ron Paul==

Normally epson printers are real ink hogs and cost a lot to buy ink but with special ink supply then they are very nice

http://search.ebay.com/epson-continuous-ink-supply_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQpqryZepsonQ20con tinousQ20inkQ20supply

MIforRonPaul
07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Can someone tell me now to turn this downloaded 'bit-torrent' into something I can distribute? I'm pretty good at tech stuff. I downloaded Bit Tyrant but it's not doing anything to the download. Thanks.

Oregon 4 RP
07-13-2007, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=RohanT;44663]Now open to the public. I've put together a compilation of RP's televised appearances as well as some amateur footage of his speeches in various states.

The breakdown:

GOP Debates
- South Carolina
- New Hampshire
- Simi Valley

Television Interviews
- Daily Show
- Lou Dobbs Tonight
- NH Radio

Campaign Tour
- NH Tour
- Austin Fundraiser
- Arizona
- RP Revolution

Capitol Speeches

I have a meeting in 2 weeks at which I would like to show your DVD. With my old computer I can't burn a DVD. Can I get a copy through the mail? Cost?

beermotor
07-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Can someone tell me now to turn this downloaded 'bit-torrent' into something I can distribute? I'm pretty good at tech stuff. I downloaded Bit Tyrant but it's not doing anything to the download. Thanks.

you have to burn the .ISO on a DVD, it's an image file. Your burner program should have an option to burn a CD/DVD image. It may take your client a little while to sync up with the tracker and start downloading the torrent, so give it a little while. I use micro-Torrent (u-torrent), and it works great (seeding both DVDs at home as we speak).

libertygrl
07-13-2007, 02:01 PM
I don't know if you'd be interested, but there's this guy in TX looking for Ron Paul dvds to sell to people to distribute.

I purchased a few dvds from him on other subjects such as 9-11, NAU, Freedom to Fascism, etc. He has some kind of copying system set up and he makes them very affordable so that people can buy many at a time to share and distribute. They are $1.00 each (in quantities of 3 per topic) and the quality is excellent.

Check him out. I know he's a big RP supporter and wants to spread the word:

http://www.onedollardvdproject.com

DeadheadForPaul
07-13-2007, 02:03 PM
my dvd burner stopped working :(. Every program i try says that it won't work

Im still seeding both dvds for others to download but im sad that i cant burn them

jj111
07-13-2007, 02:53 PM
HELP ME, please, with printing onto my DVD.
I have never done this before. I am about to buy a DVD printer with color cartridges.
WHERE do I find the image for the DVD label from the internet?
How do I download it?
HOW do I get the image for the DVD label from the Internet onto the printer???

Thanks for the help. I am a complete novice at printing on DVD's.

Oregon 4 RP
07-14-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't know if you'd be interested, but there's this guy in TX looking for Ron Paul dvds to sell to people to distribute.

I purchased a few dvds from him on other subjects such as 9-11, NAU, Freedom to Fascism, etc. He has some kind of copying system set up and he makes them very affordable so that people can buy many at a time to share and distribute. They are $1.00 each (in quantities of 3 per topic) and the quality is excellent.

Check him out. I know he's a big RP supporter and wants to spread the word:

http://www.onedollardvdproject.com

Thank you for alerting me to this source. It is a life-saver. I re-checked the sticky in which various materials are listed and the DVD section does not include the "one dollar" link. Probably there are very few of us on this forum that cannot burn DVD's and must get them by mail but I think it would be important to include this link on the list for that minority. Also, given the price and quality of the DVD's offered there I think probably a lot of folks on this forum might want to order some for distribution at their meet up or in their communities. I don't know how to get that:) link added, do you?

I was really impressed when I went to this link with the wonder of the free market and liberty. Each of us doing our own thing, uncoordinated, but resulting in a massive movement. Ain't Liberty Great!

Chester Copperpot
07-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Thank you for alerting me to this source. It is a life-saver. I re-checked the sticky in which various materials are listed and the DVD section does not include the "one dollar" link. Probably there are very few of us on this forum that cannot burn DVD's and must get them by mail but I think it would be important to include this link on the list for that minority. Also, given the price and quality of the DVD's offered there I think probably a lot of folks on this forum might want to order some for distribution at their meet up or in their communities. I don't know how to get that:) link added, do you?

I was really impressed when I went to this link with the wonder of the free market and liberty. Each of us doing our own thing, uncoordinated, but resulting in a massive movement. Ain't Liberty Great!

this page intentionally left blank

Orat
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Since no high-res image for the DVD label was provided, and our meetup is running off 1,000 of these, I created my own version of the label here:

http://www.anbsoft.com/ronpaul/dvd_label.jpg

If anyone needs the high-res version for duping, you can get an EPS of it here (WARNING, 50mb file):
http://www.anbsoft.com/downloads/DVD_label.eps

RP08
08-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Thank you so much for your work on this DVD. It is truly impressive. Can't wait to get the next version update for a few hundred more copies on my end.

RP08
08-07-2007, 10:20 PM

I recently found uTorrent, which is very compact, fast, and does just what I need with no annoying ads or other buggies. It may work for you too:
http://www.download.com/uTorrent/3000-2196_4-10720973.html?tag=lst-3-1

Once you install the program and let it be the default program for .torrent files, you can download the .iso image

An ISO file is basically a burnable image file for a (in this case) DVD video. Pretty much any DVD burning software like NERO and others can use the image to extract and burn the working DVD (right-click downloaded ISO file, "open with", select appropriate burner program, then follow prompts to burn).

That's about the most common straight-forward way you'll probably experience. Hope it helps.

karmavsdogma
08-16-2007, 08:04 PM
no seeds right now.