PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion on Super PACs?

Mordan
10-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Should we remove them altogether?

I read that CTR can collaborate with the Clinton Campaign because ... Social Media.

Sanders wanted to reform campaign finance. There is a small chance that Trump might publicly push for it too now.

10-12-2016, 03:00 PM
I think if they were properly monitored for collusion with campaigns, a lot of people would be in prison.

dean.engelhardt
10-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Voters should be intelligent enough to not be persuaded by Super PAC spending.

CPUd
10-12-2016, 03:24 PM
These regulations really only hurt the smaller grassroots campaigns. I know it was a big deal for Ron 2012, not just the donation limits, but for the different groups who wanted to offer their services for free or coordinate with the campaign.

Madison320
10-12-2016, 03:42 PM
I don't think there should be any restrictions on free speech at all. You should be able to contribute as much as you want, without having to disclose it. The root of the problem is when the government grants the favor, not when someone tries to buy it. I don't see how you can prevent someone from buying favors without violating the right of free speech. The solution is to limit the power of government and stop them from granting special favors. If there's nothing to buy, the problem solves itself.