PDA

View Full Version : Wikileaks: Dems Feared Rand Paul

CaptUSA
10-10-2016, 09:43 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/10/democrats-were-worried-about-rand-pauls

They feared Rand Paul and got their press friends to push Trump, Cruz, and Carson.

This is huge news. And it should wake up the GOP if they ever hope to win again.

timosman
10-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Winning is not a part of the strategy. Why would you worry about something like that? You got a cushy job in a wing of the ruling party.

Brian4Liberty
10-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Leaked Emails Show Democrats Feared Rand Paul as GOP Nominee
By Elias J. Atienza - October 9, 2016

A new memo in the recent batch of leaked emails released by Wikileaks showed that the Democrats, or at least the Clinton campaign, feared Rand Paul. The memo was part of the “Podesta Emails” which were thousands of emails from the Clinton campaign’s chairman, John Podesta, to various Democrats and Clinton operatives.

The memo divided the GOP field into two groups. One was the “Pied Pipers” which were candidates that would only appeal to a certain set of voters.
These candidates included Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson.

Their second goal was to undermine the candidates who would try and focus on “building a winning general election coalition.” These candidates included Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio. But perhaps the candidate that scared the Clinton campaign the most was Rand Paul.

“What to undermine: the idea he is a “different” kind of Republican; his stance on the military and his appeal to millennials and communities of color,” the memo stated.
More: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/democrats-rand-paul-appeals/

And the other leaks show that MSNBC and CNN were in on this Hillary strategy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?502172-Email-Leak-Reveals-Clinton-Campaign%92s-Cozy-Press-Relationship). Unfortunately for Rand, the establishment GOP, the neocons, the teocons and even some "libertarians" had the same agenda.

donnay
10-10-2016, 09:59 PM
And the other leaks show that MSNBC and CNN were in on this Hillary strategy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?502172-Email-Leak-Reveals-Clinton-Campaign%92s-Cozy-Press-Relationship). Unfortunately for Rand, the establishment GOP, the neocons, the teocons and even some "libertarians" had the same agenda.

Exactly.

Brian4Liberty
10-10-2016, 10:01 PM
All together, this proves that the DNC and their media "volunteers" did do everything they could to push Trump during the Primary.

timosman
10-10-2016, 10:03 PM
All together, this proves that the DNC and their media "volunteers" did do everything they could to push Trump during the Primary.

So is Trump a runaway slave?

CaptUSA
10-10-2016, 10:08 PM

This is one of the reasons why I love RPF. There were many in here that were able to see this play out all along. Of the 216 thousand GOP candidates, there was exactly ONE threat to the establishment. And they eliminated that threat.

Here's hoping this makes news and 2020 can be a real fight. Rand would have to herd some cats, but after 8 years of Obama and 4 of Hillary, this could be done.

Many in the GOP will be tainted with Trump. Rand played it smart all the way through.

Valli6
10-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Remember how they ALL started reporting that Rand Paul's campaign was in a shambles? Remember all the "unnamed sources" assuring that his campaign was dead?! :mad:

luctor-et-emergo
10-10-2016, 10:22 PM
We need to make video's about this like it's 2007 all over again. Push this. Spread it.

Make ourselves heard.

I still stand with Rand. :cool:

Danke
10-10-2016, 10:29 PM
We need to make video's about this like it's 2007 all over again. Push this. Spread it.

Make ourselves heard.

Who r u voting for November 8th?

bunklocoempire
10-10-2016, 11:04 PM

And certainly well before.

We don't want to talk about Trump, but he's in the news again.

When I heard that several times, a year and a half ago or so, I kinda saw how this was going. Trump has been the ultimate distraction, perfect for the puppet show.

seapilot
10-10-2016, 11:24 PM

https://goodolewoody.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/trump-monster.jpg?w=474

CPUd
10-10-2016, 11:36 PM
This is one of the reasons why I love RPF. There were many in here that were able to see this play out all along. Of the 216 thousand GOP candidates, there was exactly ONE threat to the establishment. And they eliminated that threat.

Here's hoping this makes news and 2020 can be a real fight. Rand would have to herd some cats, but after 8 years of Obama and 4 of Hillary, this could be done.

Many in the GOP will be tainted with Trump. Rand played it smart all the way through.

If they want a candidate who makes sense when he speaks and won't start WWIII, Rand is the go-to guy.

HVACTech
10-11-2016, 12:21 AM

he is already "voting harder" than you are. :toady:

bunklocoempire
10-11-2016, 02:09 AM

Make ourselves heard.

I'm not comfortable with pushing and spreading it... I got a skin thing I'm dealing with and I'm 9 years older fer cryin' out loud. :toady:

On a rifle forum tonight, I used the LIKI and the ol':

"For all of their going on about the strategies conservatives need to win, how come your "conservative cable news channel" completely missed a few simple death blows obvious to the Democrats?"

If that were sweetened for ones intended audience, it could be, *ahem*, further pushed and/or spread.

Are unnecessary race wars bull sh!t? Yes, yes they are. Saddle up, run what ya brung, and have fun -truth is calling with an opportunity.

AZJoe
10-11-2016, 06:39 AM
http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/siteupload/2013/01/ron-paul-treason.jpg

ChristianAnarchist
10-11-2016, 06:44 AM
Rand is true to form. A chip off the ol' block...

ChristianAnarchist
10-11-2016, 06:49 AM

Don't think there's an election on November 8th in Holland...

presence
10-11-2016, 07:07 AM
it should wake up the GOP if they ever hope to win again.

It should wake the people up that the "GOP" = "DEM" = Controlled Opposition Corporate Puppet Propaganda Show

presence
10-11-2016, 07:10 AM

Just dance like a marionette and don't worry about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jvUXij7nU

alucard13mm
10-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Sanders siphoned the young, college and young adult votes. Cruz siphoned the evangelicals. Trump siphoned the anti-establishment votes.

Problem with rand was he was kinda generic/mild in a way that those demographics were pulled away by the more extreme rhetoric produced by Trump, Sanders and Cruz.

wizardwatson
10-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Wait...

...so it wasn't Putin?

wizardwatson
10-11-2016, 08:11 AM
http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/10/democrats-were-worried-about-rand-pauls

They feared Rand Paul and got their press friends to push Trump, Cruz, and Carson.

This is huge news. And it should wake up the GOP if they ever hope to win again.

HRC: "Yeah! Let me fight Rand, I can beat Rand! Or maybe Carson, girl power over black power!
HRC Advisor: "Well...um..probably we need to put you against someone a little more..um..VULNERABLE. yeah, vulnerable."
HRC: "What like the Bush dork? Come on, that'll be a circus.
HRC Advisor: "Unfortunately, he won't do either. Our research shows the only way we can possibly market you as the moral choice is by going against Trump. And that too, only with the sex tapes we have on file."
HRC: "What does moral mean?"

ChristianAnarchist
10-11-2016, 11:17 AM
HRC: "Yeah! Let me fight Rand, I can beat Rand! Or maybe Carson, girl power over black power!
HRC Advisor: "Well...um..probably we need to put you against someone a little more..um..VULNERABLE. yeah, vulnerable."
HRC: "What like the Bush dork? Come on, that'll be a circus.
HRC Advisor: "Unfortunately, he won't do either. Our research shows the only way we can possibly market you as the moral choice is by going against Trump. And that too, only with the sex tapes we have on file."
HRC: "What does moral mean?"

Yeah, I've been waiting for them to release the heavy dirt on Trump. It'll probably be released 2 weeks before election...

bunklocoempire
10-11-2016, 11:45 AM
FOX NEWS Howard Kurtz was watching out for me October 2015 (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/19/rand-paul-blaming-media-falsehoods-insists-hes-not-toast.html)

Now SRP (Senator Rand Paul) is suggesting that the press is deliberately out to screw him, and I don’t see any evidence of that.

Fox news is like George W and 9-11. When it happens on your watch, make a bunch of noise and point somewhere else.

timosman
10-11-2016, 11:47 AM

wizardwatson
10-11-2016, 11:52 AM
So is Trump a runaway slave?It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and I can now fight for America the way I want to.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 11, 2016

Nice.

donnay
10-11-2016, 12:00 PM
One would think the Clinton's really wanted Jeb in so they could keep the Dynasty going.

ChristianAnarchist
10-11-2016, 12:19 PM
One would think the Clinton's really wanted Jeb in so they could keep the Dynasty going.

Yes, I 100% expected this cycle to be Clinton v. Bush and I believe Trump was only in it to make sure Rand didn't get any media attention but I think the whole charade got out of hand and Trump decided to keep running with the ball to feed his ego. TPTB probably just threw up their hands and said "let him run with it. we have enough dirt to keep him under control"...

wizardwatson
10-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Yes, I 100% expected this cycle to be Clinton v. Bush and I believe Trump was only in it to make sure Rand didn't get any media attention but I think the whole charade got out of hand and Trump decided to keep running with the ball to feed his ego. TPTB probably just threw up their hands and said "let him run with it. we have enough dirt to keep him under control"...

Another poster, the Ringmaster I think, said Trump was a "runaway slave". Very clever observation.

Perhaps the airing of this tape was the "You're fired." moment, and everyone made it clear to Donald that they weren't going to deal with him, or make any deals with him. Maybe Donald knows it's rigged against him and is ready to burn the house down with everyone in it.

Getting crazy.

donnay
10-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Another poster, the Ringmaster I think, said Trump was a "runaway slave". Very clever observation.

Perhaps the airing of this tape was the "You're fired." moment, and everyone made it clear to Donald that they weren't going to deal with him, or make any deals with him. Maybe Donald knows it's rigged against him and is ready to burn the house down with everyone in it.

Getting crazy.

I honestly think Rand did not have the intestinal fortitude and wherewithal to go up against these globalists. They would have crushed him and he would have lost his Senate seat in the process.

Tywysog Cymru
10-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Just think, Clinton is running a relatively close race against Trump. Imagine if it was someone without all the personal baggage running against Hillary. Rand could call her out on her failures, especially on foreign policy. I don't think it would have even been close.

Spikender
10-11-2016, 01:11 PM
I do believe that if it were Rand vs Shillary, he would've won. They don't have the dirt on him like they do Trump, at least not at that magnitude. I know he'd be going up against gargantuan, clandestine forces, but in the public debate sphere he would've murdered Killary on wax.

bunklocoempire
10-11-2016, 08:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PMWO2kR.gif

Mr.NoSmile
10-12-2016, 05:52 AM
After 2016, and how little his support in the first state ended up being after touting so many young folks backing him and such, I don't know if he would run again, especially when pundits are already saying the likes of Mike Pence- based on the VP debate- and Kasich may make a 2020 run.

timosman
10-12-2016, 11:09 PM

Getting crazy.

Ringmaster? I have not used this name since the movie was made in 1998. ;)

Before you call the shot but now it's our turn
Blow up the system now and tables have turned
Your hidden knowledge you thought I'd never learn
I strike a match and make the whole place burn

I'm the real WMD
I'm your number one public enemy
I'm the one, your runaway slave
I'm the one, the one who got away

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?67-What-are-you-listening-to&p=6312447&viewfull=1#post6312447

timosman
10-12-2016, 11:30 PM
I honestly think Rand did not have the intestinal fortitude and wherewithal to go up against these globalists. They would have crushed him and he would have lost his Senate seat in the process.

He clearly underestimated the size of the balls required to compete with them. It was supposed to be, hey Rand you are so smart, let's make you POTUS because we always play by the rules. :D

r3volution 3.0
10-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Just think, Clinton is running a relatively close race against Trump. Imagine if it was someone without all the personal baggage running against Hillary. Rand could call her out on her failures, especially on foreign policy. I don't think it would have even been close.

Libya and Iraq
NSA Spying
PATRIOT Act
Criminal Justice Reform
Bank Bailouts
Socialized Medicine

What are, things Rand could've hit her on that Trump can't?