PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of the debate?

Bryan
10-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Vote hard...

CPUd
10-09-2016, 08:57 PM
The debate itself, they both did all right. It will look like it hurt Trump's polling because the polls coming out this week cover the events of last week, probably no post-debate polls until Thursday.

enhanced_deficit
10-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Are we to give our private or public view here?

That is very important because Abe Lincolns was a great man and I want to be like him.

#AbeMadeMeLie (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?502158-Donald-Trump-at-Debate-Hillary-You-Are-No-Abraham-Lincoln-You-are-a-Liar&p=6330308&viewfull=1#post6330308)

Origanalist
10-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Why did the first two replies get deleted?

donnay
10-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Clinton is a criminal.

Bryan
10-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Why did the first two replies get deleted?

I deleted that thread. Had to create a new thread. I messed up the first one.

William Tell
10-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Missed it.

Worth watching on youtube?

Origanalist
10-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Missed it.

No, not really, lol.

CPUd
The CBS focus group pretty much stopped the session, some guy said, "how in the world did it ever come to this?"

Bryan
Missed it.

A few good highlights. Trump wants to put Hillary in jail. lol.

Origanalist
10-09-2016, 09:06 PM
I deleted that thread. Had to create a new thread. I messed up the first one.

Way to go site owner...:D

CPUd
10-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Missed it.

Somewhere in the first 30 minutes he called Clinton the devil and said he would prosecute her. It was pretty LOL. The second half was just them making false claims about each other and the moderators arguing with Trump.

phill4paul
Is this multiple choice? Or do I have to pick one and one only?

enhanced_deficit
A few good highlights. Trump wants to put Hillary in jail. lol.

He will jump in polls.

Bryan
Watching the debate took a lot out of me. Please forgive.

William Tell
10-09-2016, 09:11 PM
I know who managed to win in 4 ways.

The candidate who is not a bitch.

The candidate who is not a piece of shit.

The candidate who doesn't want to force you to be a slave for people with government protected preferences.

The candidate who doesn't want to tax the air you breathe.

http://castle2016.com/home/

Bryan
10-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Is this multiple choice? Or do I have to pick one and one only?
Pick as many as you want...

CPUd
10-09-2016, 09:19 PM
I know who managed to win in 4 ways.

The candidate who is not a bitch.

The candidate who is not a piece of shit.

The candidate who doesn't want to force you to be a slave for people with government protected preferences.

The candidate who doesn't want to tax the air you breathe.

http://castle2016.com/home/

Looks like Castle is registered write-in in TN:

https://www.constitutionparty.com/assets/Ballot-Access-Map-master26-e1475352349399.png

Origanalist
10-09-2016, 09:24 PM

https://www.constitutionparty.com/assets/Ballot-Access-Map-master26-e1475352349399.png

He's gained ground since the last time I looked. Sweet. He has my vote, and I'll vote extra hard.

William Tell
10-09-2016, 09:25 PM

Yeah, that sucks but a third party wasn't going to win anyway.

I bled with Paul, I'll bleed with Castle.

Ender
10-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Vote hard...

Can we have an "All of the Above" selection?

Bryan
10-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Can we have an "All of the Above" selection?
You have to select them all manually. I know it's hard, but this is serious internet stuff. :D

Danke
10-09-2016, 09:33 PM
It was yuuge, the best, unbelievable.

Danke
10-09-2016, 09:34 PM
He's gained ground since the last time I looked. Sweet. He has my vote, and I'll vote extra hard.

It is not how hard you vote, but how often that counts.

Anti Federalist
10-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Not a poll.

No "Sweet Meteor of Death" option.

Bryan
10-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Not a poll.

No "Sweet Meteor of Death" option.
You'll have to settle with "How do I get out?" Deal with it. lol

Valli6
10-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Clinton is a criminal is winning.

TheTexan
10-09-2016, 09:48 PM
This was the best debate of all time EVER!!!!!!!

It was awesome !!!

And Trump was great !!!

tommyrp12
10-09-2016, 09:53 PM
(Other) It sucked and the two debating suck. Sh1t abyss.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shit%20abyss

sh1t abyss

1.A term coined by Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor Jim Lahey to describe Ricky, Julian and Bubble's result of their failure to solve a problem.

2.To describe someone in a really bad situation.

Damn filters.

donnay
10-09-2016, 09:55 PM
http://i.imgbox.com/tVydYyxt.gif

She is a criminal!

seapilot
10-09-2016, 10:03 PM
The Fly was the big winner. Survived a close brush with Hillary's Face.

francisco
10-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Trump exceeded expectations by not abjectly melting down and not letting HRC get under his skin.

JK/SEA
10-10-2016, 01:36 AM

reported for insolence.

fedupinmo
10-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Are we to give our private or public view here?

That is very important because Abe Lincolns was a great man and I want to be like him.
More Booth!:D

Jesse James
10-10-2016, 06:37 AM
as a neutral observer I say Trump won this round.. although talking good about Lincoln didn't help my opinion of him :eek::rolleyes::cool::toady:

VOTE FOR DARRELL CASTLE!

A. Havnes
10-10-2016, 07:04 AM
For serious Internet stuff!

I actually thought the debate was better than I expected. After video proof revealed that Trump is the moral cesspool that everyone except his most die-hard supporters knew all along, I expected most the debate to be framed around getting under his skin, just like the last one. Luckily for him, he seems to have finally realized that by going after Hillary, he's sheilding himself from that kind of personal scrutiny. Instead of trying to convince everyone he's a decent human being, he's going the path of making Hillary look much worse than him. This is probably the best strategy he could have played, and it was good.

Ultimately, I thought he did very well last night, unlike that first debate. Whereas Hillary came across as professional and diplomatic, in this debate she just looked stiff and robotic.

When it comes to actual substance, my stance is unchanged: both of these people are awful and neither is fit to be POTUS. I'm not just speaking about their personalities or poor records, but about their actual policies. Neither one of them was particularly strong one way or the other.

Brian4Liberty
10-10-2016, 09:40 AM
Somewhere in the first 30 minutes he called Clinton the devil and said he would prosecute her. It was pretty LOL. The second half was just them making false claims about each other and the moderators arguing with Trump.

That threat of prosecution still rubs me the wrong way. It just feels like an bad precedent to set. Would have been more effective to press the issue that Hillary has been above the law, and go through a laundry list of her crimes. Also bring up people who have been punished for the same things, like Petraeus and the NSA employee who was recently arrested for taking work home.

Once on the subject of "above the law", a good candidate could also talk about uneven justice in a broader sense, and potentially appeal to a greater audience. Rand-style. ;)

Dr.3D
10-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Everybody lost the 'debate', including the viewers.

Spikender
10-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Didn't watch it and don't have plans to, but I would've tuned in immediately if Killary had showed up in an orange pantjumpsuit.

Zippyjuan
10-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Neither was able to swing any new voters in either direction. Trump was kinda creepy they way he was following around and frowning and leering behind Clinton while she was speaking. She lost points on the Lincoln thing. Trump avoided answering most of the real questions he was given. She was very calculated in her responses.

Ender
10-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Neither was able to swing any new voters in either direction. Trump was kinda creepy they way he was following around and frowning and leering behind Clinton while she was speaking. She lost points on the Lincoln thing. Trump avoided answering most of the real questions he was given. She was very calculated in her responses.

Pretty much spot on - except for me Trump also lost points on the Lincoln thing, as Lincoln did lie- a lot.

Philadelphia76
10-10-2016, 12:23 PM
I thought Trump was the sharper of the two and dictated/controlled the debate from about the 5 minute mark on. Was it enough? Probably not. Hillary basically ran 3 running plays and punted. Acted like she has the "lead" and is just trying to run out the clock. Barring some sort of last minute "rust belt" sweep (along w/FL and defending GA, NC, etc.) by Trump- that is probably the case.

As far as Trump goes- I think "Plan A" is to lose but launch the Trump Network on the premise that he was betrayed by special interests and the establishment and that had it only been "fair" the streets would be paved gold. A regular guy's political messiah of sorts. Strong brand w/4-8 years of HRC ahead. "Plan B" is to somehow miraculously win and be President...

Ender
10-10-2016, 12:24 PM
On my "other" vote:

I think they are both criminals and both unfit to serve.

Zippyjuan
10-10-2016, 12:36 PM
Pretty much spot on - except for me Trump also lost points on the Lincoln thing, as Lincoln did lie- a lot.

Trump's manner of speech was irritating to me too. He was still "sniffing" (seems to have a breathing problem) and he was trying too hard to talk "low and slow" which sounded completely fake.

phill4paul
10-10-2016, 01:05 PM
http://i.imgbox.com/tVydYyxt.gif

She is a criminal!

Flies are attracted to shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rbUH_iVjYw

Jamesiv1
10-10-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm a neutral observer and Trump kicked Hillary's crooked ass last night. There's no way she can recover from that beating.

He smacked her up side the head over and over again, annihilated her with precision replies, and landed the knockout punch with "Yeah, you would be in jail."

Stick a fork in her.

BTW, I predicted this outcome back in May 2009.

misterx
10-10-2016, 02:19 PM
That threat of prosecution still rubs me the wrong way. It just feels like an bad precedent to set. Would have been more effective to press the issue that Hillary has been above the law, and go through a laundry list of her crimes. Also bring up people who have been punished for the same things, like Petraeus and the NSA employee who was recently arrested for taking work home.

Once on the subject of "above the law", a good candidate could also talk about uneven justice in a broader sense, and potentially appeal to a greater audience. Rand-style. ;)

For the more intellectual viewers you may be right, but Frank Luntz's focus group gave Trump his highest ratings for that remark.

KEEF
10-10-2016, 02:26 PM
I roped myself into watching it, good job Trump for calling Hillary out on things everyone was and is thinking. Sorry though, you didn't earn my vote though. I'll be writing in again.

angelatc
10-10-2016, 03:06 PM
That threat of prosecution still rubs me the wrong way.

Screw her. People already know what she's guilty of. And that's not even in doubt - the FBI clearly stated it.

Ender
10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Trump's manner of speech was irritating to me too. He was still "sniffing" (seems to have a breathing problem) and he was trying too hard to talk "low and slow" which sounded completely fake.

Yep- also former addict, Carrie Fisher says that Trump definitely has a "coke" problem.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/carrie-fisher-says-trump-is-absolutely-a-coke-head-after-sniffling-again-at-second-debate/

euphemia
10-10-2016, 03:18 PM
I am happy that Trump finally stood up to Hillary and said what I have been screaming at my televison for almost 20 years. Mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned. He can keep repeating that mantra until election day, and I will just be thrilled.

Saying that in my snarky Southern way.

Zippyjuan
10-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Does it win over people who do not already support Trump is the big question. I don't think it does.