PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann: Maddow champions Ron Paul.

Pharoah
12-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Air America's Rachel Maddow is a regular guest on the MSNBC show of "the man who will not speak his name" Keith Olbermann. I think she's a big Ron Paul fan since she often finds a way to bring Ron Paul into the conversation...
eg.

Countdown with Keith Olbermann for December 6th:

OLBERMANN: While there is still time. Last thing here, after the tabling of the resolution, the White House accused Congress of wasting an afternoon, I guess, again, by even trying to talk about impeaching Cheney. But, at some point, in the future again, at some point in our lives, are we going to see principles having to be addressed in a Mukasey case, the principle of a crazy vice president, not just held over as political chess pieces by both sides for the next election?

MADDOW: Yes, we really are. And I think that if you get outside, kind of beltway logic and you look at what‘s actually motivating people and inspiring people outside the Washington hype, you see that that stuff is really resonating. I mean, Ron Paul raised $4 million in one day yesterday as the antiwar pro-Constitution Republican candidate. Chris Dodd got his first uptake in the polls among the Democratic candidates by saying he personally put a hold on the unconstitutional FISA idea. Fighting works politically. Substantively, it‘s right that we ought to be doing these things for the soul of the country. But politically, fighting on the big issues, on the war and the Constitution works and they are going to have to get out of these consultants‘ back as ward approaches to things in order to see this non beltway through.

Countdown with Keith Olbermann for December 3rd:

SHUSTER: Rachel, does it look as though that World War III might come back to haunt the president? I mean, have his advisors painted him into I a corner when he steps up for tomorrow morning‘s news conference?

MADDOW: I think that he‘s going to have two big questions he‘s going to need to answer. Number one is—why they had Stephen Hadley go out and give the first official White House response to this document in which he says, this proves we were right. That comment needed a laugh track. I mean, this document essentially you know, brands the words “liar” or “fool” on everybody who has casually and falsely asserted that Iran is seeking nuclear weapons. That includes the president and the vice president and every Republican presidential candidate other than Ron Paul. And for him to come out and say this proves we were right, I think was a huge embarrassment to Steve Hadley and I think that requires an explanation. The larger explanation is whether or not we really ought to believe that some magical thing happened on Tuesday that changed the intelligence community, all 16 agencies of the intelligence community, changed their consensus about Iran 180 degrees. That doesn‘t seem probable. It doesn‘t seem plausible. But they‘ve got to stick to that if they want to maintain that the president hasn‘t been lying when he knew that this NIE was going to say they didn‘t have a weapons program.

The disappointing thing is that K.O. never follows on when she mentions RP. It's good to have someone on the inside at any rate.

me3
12-08-2007, 11:44 PM
I like Rachel Maddow. :)

constitutional
12-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Olbermann sheds the truth but he is way too biased against the Republican party. I think he knows Ron Paul is a threat to Democrats. It's a guaranteed victory for Republicans if RP is nominated.

nist7
Seriously....why is Olbermann ignoring Dr. Paul?

Is he that far off to the left?

itsnobody
yotuube?

constitutional
12-08-2007, 11:46 PM

Yes, that's right. He has a great show but I don't watch it because he is simply too biased.

nist7
12-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Yes, that's right. He has a great show but I don't watch it because he is simply too biased.

bah.......:(

Pharoah
12-08-2007, 11:56 PM
I don't have the video, just the transcript text here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3719710/

You have to scroll down to the Olbermann transcripts which are 3rd from the top.

forsmant
12-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Was this on Football Night in America?:D

kylejack
12-09-2007, 12:01 AM
yotuube?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tSVtaPy3Uzk 3:05

DRV45N05
12-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I guarantee you that if Ron Paul wins one or two early primaries, Olbermann will immediate press the button the "Newsletter" story.

nist7
12-09-2007, 12:21 AM
I guarantee you that if Ron Paul wins one or two early primaries, Olbermann will immediate press the button the "Newsletter" story.

:confused:

literatim
12-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Olbermann is about as pink as you can get.

Shink
12-09-2007, 12:31 AM

You know it's sad but tru-uu-ue! I was a fan of Keith for quite awhile, as I hated the NWO administration...but it becomes quite apparent that Keith is a paid cheerleader for the Dems when he repeatedly 'fails to mention' or notice that there just so happens to be a couple Republicans with some integrity (Ron Paul, Chuck Hagel, and now Paul Braun), and that...hey wait a second...MOST OF THE DEMS ARE JUST AS DISGUSTING! Duh. Complicity with everything BushCo. has done really puts lie to Democraps' desire to appear like some sort of sane alternative to neocons.

I like hearing Keith slam neocons. But when he points blame at ALL Republicans (wrongly including RP in the company of those other jerks) and NONE at Dems, I find myself far less willing to watch his show.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Maddow is a liberal.