PDA

View Full Version : VP hopeful Weld is more interested in attacking Trump

Krugminator2
10-05-2016, 03:33 PM
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/10/04/bill-weld-says-will-use-libertarian-vice-presidential-platform-focus-fire-donald-trump/NQcxRVjXXeIY2mfhVXvyKP/story.html

While Weld insisted he still supports Johnson, he said he is now interested primarily in blocking Trump from winning the presidency and then potentially working with longtime Republican leaders such as Mitt Romney and Haley Barbour to create a new path for the party after the election.

He insisted he was not abandoning Johnson, although he signaled that bolting from the Libertarian Party might be a possibility in the future.

“I’m certainly not going to drop them this year,” Weld said.

At one point, Weld strategists researched Libertarian Party rules to see if it were possible for him to take over the top of the ticket.

That's big of Bill Weld to not overthrow Gary Johnson and he will wait a month to leave the party to work with Haley Barbour and Mitt Romney.

In fairness to Weld, it looks like that article was exaggerated. But saying "I won't drop them this year" is still pretty bad.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/05/bill-weld-media-is-publishing-made-up-st

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Incredible. I don't know why Darrell Castle gets like no attention if people are going the third party route with this ticket imploding across the board. I wouldn't trust the LP with 5% and the benefits it brings if they are going to continue giving us candidates like Weld.

kahless
10-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Incredible. I don't know why Darrell Castle gets like no attention if people are going the third party route with this ticket imploding across the board. I wouldn't trust the LP with 5% and the benefits it brings if they are going to continue giving us candidates like Weld.

^This. Especially here. Although I disagree but understand the ideological purity that prevents people from strategically voting for Trump that allows us to fight again at a later day. What I do not understand how they then pick Gary Johnson over Daryl Castle, especially when GJ has that Hillary-gun control surrogate Weld as VP.

I think immigration and trade issue has directed the naturally Castle vote to Trump as the best chance of winning. If it were Bush, Romney, or the McCain types this cycle, Castle, if he played his cards right would be a factor this cycle. Trump has his talking points in that area and Castle seems like he is intentionally flying under the radar. Maybe intentionally to secure that ticket to prevent a 3rd party threat to Trump.

Mikezelot
10-05-2016, 09:45 PM
This story is false

openfire
10-06-2016, 11:03 AM
While Weld insisted he still supports Johnson, he said he is now interested primarily in blocking Trump from winning the presidency and then potentially working with longtime Republican leaders such as Mitt Romney and Haley Barbour to create a new path for the party after the election - "...not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton to be president of the United States..."

Full story:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-06/libertarian-vp-candidate-will-focus-his-energy-trashing-trump

"Libertarian". lol

juleswin
10-06-2016, 11:05 AM
It is in line with em going for the Hillary vote. This should be good news for you Trump supporters.

openfire
10-06-2016, 11:07 AM
It is in line with em going for the Hillary vote. This should be good news for you Trump supporters.

I guess you missed this part:

"...not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton to be president of the United States..."

In other words: "Hillary Clinton is more qualified than Gary Johnson". He's not "going for Hillary's voters", he's is openly advocating for Hillary Clinton to win! This "endorsement" effectively ends Gary Johnson's run (not that he had a chance anyway).

Mordan
10-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Sell outs. Ron Paul was true. Sanders Sell Out. Ron Paul wasn't much corrupted by power. He didn't endorsed Romney.

Trump must win. He is only tiny chance to change the statu quo. If Trump dies, Pence President. Statu quo wins.

juleswin
10-06-2016, 11:13 AM
I guess you missed this part:

Ass kissing to the democrat voters. I would say the same thing similar if I was trying to woo Clinton supporters.

openfire
10-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Ass kissing to the democrat voters. I would say the same thing similar if I was trying to woo Clinton supporters.

By saying that "your candidate is more qualified than mine, but er, but vote for my guy anyway"?

I guess that would be liberal logic... Just might work.

Spikender
10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
The only thing Killary is qualified for is a guest spot on 1000 Ways to Die.

nikcers
10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Sell outs. Ron Paul was true. Sanders Sell Out. Ron Paul wasn't much corrupted by power. He didn't endorsed Romney.

Trump must win. He is only tiny chance to change the statu quo. If Trump dies, Pence President. Statu quo wins.

Ron Paul didn't sell out to the status quo, the status quo endorsed Trump, Ron Paul hasn't. This has already been posted and debunked as well.. Not that you don't already know this though, you are just schilling for Trump.

This story is false

openfire
10-06-2016, 11:22 AM
the status quo endorsed Trump

Source?

TheTexan
10-06-2016, 11:22 AM

Yes, by his actions he's basically voting for Trump. Because a vote for Weld is actually a vote for Clinton which is actually a vote for Trump.

Which is just voting 101

nikcers
10-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Source?

You wouldn't ask for a source if you had a real argument.

openfire
10-06-2016, 11:36 AM
You wouldn't ask for a source if you had a real argument.

I asked for a source because what you wrote has zero basis in reality and I'm curious as to where you get your "info", besides just making it up.

The status quo has clearly endorsed Hillary, not Trump.

nikcers
10-06-2016, 11:49 AM
I asked for a source because what you wrote has zero basis in reality and I'm curious as to where you get your "info", besides just making it up.

I guess that's why Ron Paul hasn't endorsed Trump then.

CaptUSA
10-06-2016, 11:50 AM

Hillary and Trump BOTH represent the status quo. Increased government and decreased liberty. (But if you want names, Giuliani, Christie, Pence, Ashcroft, Cheney, Rummy, etc.)

Ballot access. That's it. He won't be on enough ballots to garner the 271 electoral votes needed to win.

But you would think that in the states where he is on the ballot this would be a hotter topic. But it just doesn't work that way.

Mordan
10-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Ron Paul didn't sell out to the status quo, the status quo endorsed Trump, Ron Paul hasn't. This has already been posted and debunked as well.. Not that you don't already know this though, you are just schilling for Trump.

Thats' what I wrote. Your are blinded by hate. I said Libertarians are Sell outs. Ron Paul is not. He was true.
Trump wasn't endorsed by the Statu Quo. All the fact point that the Statu Quo wanted Bush vs Hillary. You are taking the defense of the Statu Quo Nickers.