PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Castle interviewed on the Jason Stapleton Program

JohnM
09-27-2016, 01:58 PM
I know this is two weeks old, but I don't think anyone has posted it on this site.

http://www.jasonstapleton.com/constitution-party-nominee-darrell-castle-answers-questions/

I found it interesting hearing Castle being interviewed on a leading libertarian podcast, and then hearing Jason's thoughts about the interview afterward.

A lot of people have wondered what it would have been like if GJ had been part of last night's debate between DT & HRC. Personally, I think it would have been much more interesting if Castle had been on the podium with them. The contrast in style would have been very entertaining.

undergroundrr
09-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Funny the host in the text intro stating that Castle isn't a libertarian. People are so anxious to exclude others from that category.

I was interested in his views on integration, but when asked what a secure border is and how to do it, he drew a blank. "How it could be done, you know, I'm not exactly sure, but, uh, by whatever means necessary I guess would be my answer."

I enjoyed the discussion about trade agreements. He doesn't come across as ardently anti-globalist - "The United States should work out free trade agreements with anyone who wants to trade with us."

His idea for state-level taxation supporting the fed gov is intriguing, but wow, that's so far from any imminent reality it comes across as fantasy land. By the time we got to that point, there would be no need for a union.

I'm still unsatisfied with his stance on eminent domain. He says he supports it because the constitution says so, and if you don't like it there are ways to amend it. In other words, it's in the constitution and this is the Constitution Party. But then he doesn't believe in direct taxation, which is allowed by a constitutional amendment. I would have liked to hear him sort that out.

I came away asking why he's a candidate. He doesn't really have any intent on trying to inspire anybody to vote for him, or even to listen to his message. It's great that he's not a slick salesman, but he comports himself as somebody who doesn't even know he's running. He looked like he was doing this interview because he was asked to, but would rather be doing something else. If I had donated money to the CP, I'd be concerned about the lack of enthusiasm.

Danke
09-27-2016, 03:24 PM
His idea for state-level taxation supporting the fed gov is intriguing, but wow, that's so far from any imminent reality it comes across as fantasy land. By the time we got to that point, there would be no need for a union.

I'm still unsatisfied with his stance on eminent domain. He says he supports it because the constitution says so, and if you don't like it there are ways to amend it. In other words, it's in the constitution and this is the Constitution Party. But then he doesn't believe in direct taxation, which is allowed by a constitutional amendment. I would have liked to hear him sort that out.

Amendment did not change "direct taxation" requirements that are in the Constitution.

http://losthorizons.com/Documents/PlainFactsAboutTheTax.pdf

http://www.losthorizons.com/Intro.pdf

euphemia
09-27-2016, 03:45 PM

I have followed Castle for a long time. If you have a problem with his stance on eminent domain, perhaps it would help to think about Castle's idea of very limited government. When I put eminent domain into the context of limited government, I think it makes sense to give government the room it needs to act in case of some dire emergency, but trust that the government would not take property willy-nilly just to increase a tax base.

As much as I like Darrell Castle, I think he feels the Constitution Party has lost a little something over the years. The principles are mostly wonderful, but there are not enough people mobilized to accomplish any kind of objectives.