PDA

View Full Version : GA - Wal Marx workers refuse to make cop's cake because "raciss".

Anti Federalist
09-25-2016, 08:37 PM
LOL - This is getting so fucking ridiculous now...on so many levels.

Georgia Walmart Workers Refuse to Bake Officer a Cake For His Retirement Party

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/25/georgia-walmart-workers-refuse-bake-officer-cake-retirement-party/

by Katherine Rodriguez 25 Sep 2016

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2016/09/download-640x480.jpg

Three Walmart workers in Georgia refused to bake a police officer a cake for his retirement party because they said it was racist.

“I was so shocked,” the police officer’s daughter, who asked that her name not be divulged, said to Todd Starnes. “I didn’t know what to do or say or anything. I was trying not to lose my temper or make a scene.”

The police officer’s daughter went to the McDonough-area Walmart on Sept. 22 to order a flag design on a cake for her father’s retirement party from the police force after 25 years of service.

When she showed bakers a picture of the police officer’s flag design that she wanted on the cake, one of the bakers said that the design was racist and that none of the bakers felt comfortable making that design on the cake.

The officer’s daughter suggested another design for the cake, a chocolate frosted cake with a thin blue line, when the baker rejected that idea too.

“She said, ‘I don’t feel comfortable doing this,’” the police officer’s daughter said. “I asked her, ‘Is there something wrong with cops?’”

She left after a third time of being rejected and said she would find another bakery.

(The only fucking part of this story that makes any sense at all - AF)

A friend of the family posted about the incident on Facebook when the Walmart store manager called the police officer’s wife and daughter to apologize.

“Our goal is to always take care of customers,” a spokesperson for Walmart told Todd Starnes. “But, sometimes we misstep. We’re glad we were able to connect with the family to apologize and make this right.”

“He said he was so sorry,” the daughter said. “He offered to make the cake free of charge and he gave me a $50 gift card.”

The manager wound up decorating the cake himself, since the cake decorators refused to do it.

(They weren't fired? What would have happened had they refused to decorate a qu eer cake? - AF)

The daughter was not impressed with how the design came out, and lamented about how the bakers wouldn’t make a cake for a police officer.

“It irritates me that in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Walmart was looted and the cops were protecting them,” she said. “And you can’t make a cake for the people who are protecting you?”

RonZeplin
09-25-2016, 08:41 PM
http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mr-hankey-has-been-replaced.gif

Officer retirement

Danke
09-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Gay cake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgRlzFIgm1E

Dr.3D
09-25-2016, 09:06 PM
Kind of reminds me of the time one of the guys put an Ex-lax bar in his lunch, because one of the locals in Vietnam kept stealing it.

oyarde
09-25-2016, 10:41 PM
I would not work at walmart or make cakes or make cakes for cops , so , I am good .

Ender
09-25-2016, 10:47 PM
Their choice- I have no problema with this- freedom just needs to apply to all.

TheTexan
09-25-2016, 10:55 PM
They refused to follow an Officer's order...

Should have been arrested on the spot.

Danke
09-25-2016, 11:28 PM

Of course, and it's a right for the employer to far them with no benefits.

Danke
09-25-2016, 11:32 PM
I would not work at walmart or make cakes or make cakes for cops , so , I am good .

I would imagine the loss prevention department would disapprove your application.

Ender
09-25-2016, 11:40 PM
Of course, and it's a right for the employer to far them with no benefits.

Agree with this as well.

ThePaleoLibertarian
09-26-2016, 12:04 AM
Why get a cake from Wal-Mart? Ye Gods, man...

John F Kennedy III
09-26-2016, 12:11 AM
They are free to not make the cake, but their reason was stupid. How were they not fired? Especially after refusing to follow manager instructions?

mrsat_98
09-26-2016, 12:48 AM
I wonder if they will make a cake that says black lives matter.

John F Kennedy III
09-26-2016, 12:55 AM
I wonder if they will make a cake that says black lives matter.

Based on their reason for not making a cop cake, they'd not only make the cake, they'd pay for it out of their own pocket.

bunklocoempire
09-26-2016, 02:07 AM
Why get a cake from Wal-Mart? Ye Gods, man...

Protect and save.

But not really.

phill4paul
09-26-2016, 06:06 AM
“It irritates me that in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Walmart was looted and the cops were protecting them,” she said. “And you can’t make a cake for the people who are protecting you?”

The Walmart was looted while the cops were protecting the store?

So much fail in this article.

Jesse James
09-26-2016, 06:38 AM
They are free to not make the cake, but their reason was stupid. How were they not fired? Especially after refusing to follow manager instructions?
because the manager is a pussy.

tod evans
09-26-2016, 07:19 AM
How were they not fired? Especially after refusing to follow manager instructions?

Betcha a cyber nickle there's a reason ethnic persuasions have been left out of this story.

ChristianAnarchist
09-26-2016, 08:30 AM
LOL - This is getting so $#@!ing ridiculous now...on so many levels.

Georgia Walmart Workers Refuse to Bake Officer a Cake For His Retirement Party

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/25/georgia-walmart-workers-refuse-bake-officer-cake-retirement-party/

by Katherine Rodriguez 25 Sep 2016

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2016/09/download-640x480.jpg

Three Walmart workers in Georgia refused to bake a police officer a cake for his retirement party because they said it was racist.

“I was so shocked,” the police officer’s daughter, who asked that her name not be divulged, said to Todd Starnes. “I didn’t know what to do or say or anything. I was trying not to lose my temper or make a scene.”

The police officer’s daughter went to the McDonough-area Walmart on Sept. 22 to order a flag design on a cake for her father’s retirement party from the police force after 25 years of service.

When she showed bakers a picture of the police officer’s flag design that she wanted on the cake, one of the bakers said that the design was racist and that none of the bakers felt comfortable making that design on the cake.

The officer’s daughter suggested another design for the cake, a chocolate frosted cake with a thin blue line, when the baker rejected that idea too.

“She said, ‘I don’t feel comfortable doing this,’” the police officer’s daughter said. “I asked her, ‘Is there something wrong with cops?’”

She left after a third time of being rejected and said she would find another bakery.

(The only $#@!ing part of this story that makes any sense at all - AF)

A friend of the family posted about the incident on Facebook when the Walmart store manager called the police officer’s wife and daughter to apologize.

“Our goal is to always take care of customers,” a spokesperson for Walmart told Todd Starnes. “But, sometimes we misstep. We’re glad we were able to connect with the family to apologize and make this right.”

“He said he was so sorry,” the daughter said. “He offered to make the cake free of charge and he gave me a $50 gift card.”

The manager wound up decorating the cake himself, since the cake decorators refused to do it.

(They weren't fired? What would have happened had they refused to decorate a qu eer cake? - AF)

The daughter was not impressed with how the design came out, and lamented about how the bakers wouldn’t make a cake for a police officer.

Yeah, I don't want to make that cake either...

oyarde
09-26-2016, 08:36 AM
I would imagine the loss prevention department would disapprove your application.

I am sure they would be pleased to have a National Treasure like myself . The armored car at the walmart in my home town was taken some years ago . Clean getaway. Seems like I just read in the newspaper about one getting robbed at a walmart in the Indian Territory not long ago . I used to read many newspapers while I was still working . Now that I am retired I am too busy. To answer AF's funny question , LOL , we all know everyone would be in deep shit if they did not bake a non Hetro cake.

Dary
09-26-2016, 09:19 AM
I'll make their cake.

As long as they will pay for it, I'll make anybody a cake, and I'll put anything they want on it.

I don't give a frak.

oyarde
09-26-2016, 10:31 AM
I'll make their cake.

As long as they will pay for it, I'll make anybody a cake, and I'll put anything they want on it.

I don't give a frak.

My Wife has a sewing business , there is a small town about seven miles away . The county deputies and the city police have her work on the uniforms , I have her charge them extra , get a little of my tax money back . Any loose rounds of ammo that get found , I let 'em know that is part of the gratuity.

PierzStyx
09-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Well good for them. The policing system in this country is systematically racist and sexist. Why would I want to make a cake for those actively engaged in police state oppression, for the local occupation troops of the state?

GunnyFreedom
09-26-2016, 12:14 PM
Free market says "who cares? let people buy or not buy as they will and let sellers sell, or not sell as they will. It will all work out in the end."

Schadenfreude says if this story goes viral the hypocrisy on both sides will be hilarious.

Anti Federalist
09-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Free market says "who cares? let people buy or not buy as they will and let sellers sell, or not sell as they will. It will all work out in the end."

Schadenfreude says if this story goes viral the hypocrisy on both sides will be hilarious.

That's exactly where my head is at on this.

Anti Federalist
09-26-2016, 12:46 PM
The policing system in this country is systematically racist and sexist.

No, it is not.

It is oppressive across the board.

This is about Blue vs. Us.

To continue to frame this exclusively in terms of "sexism" and "racism" guarantees that nothing to reign it in will be done.

euphemia
09-26-2016, 12:46 PM

Sorry, no. The decorators work for WalMart. It is not their shop or property.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-26-2016, 02:08 PM
Oh, baloney. Whose retirement cake has a political slogan? If you're retiring, then it would say something like, "Thank you, Chief Wiggum" or "Congratulations, Occifer Smith." Cakes for these occasions are usually personalized.

I guess it's possible with these self-important imbeciles, but I smell attempted lawsuit.

misterx
09-26-2016, 05:14 PM
I'll make their cake.

I don't give a frak.

This. It's just a cake.

Also, I don't understand the hatred for all cops. Having a bad interaction with a couple cops doesn't make them all bad people. By that logic you cop haters should also hate all blacks, Mexicans, Jews, etc.

Anti Federalist
09-26-2016, 06:45 PM
This. It's just a cake.

Also, I don't understand the hatred for all cops. Having a bad interaction with a couple cops doesn't make them all bad people. By that logic you cop haters should also hate all blacks, Mexicans, Jews, etc.

They put on the uniform of a corrupt and tyrannical regime.

They enforce the edicts of that regime.

They have special protection from the laws and rules of that regime that are supposed to apply to all people equally, especially when it comes to laws regarding violence applied to you.

Therefore, they are "bad people" to be avoided at all costs.

mrsat_98
09-26-2016, 11:42 PM
http://www.copblock.org/166498/wal-mart-employees-refused/

The Thin Blue Line Cake Wal Mart Employees Refused to Make Is Illegal
SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 BY JOSHUA SCOTT HOTCHKIN 7 COMMENTS

SHARES
FacebookTwitterGoogleRedditTumblr

Both the woman who ordered the cake, and the McDonough, Georgia Wal Mart who eventually made it despite employee protests, have violated federal laws.

You know what is more delicious than cake? Irony. Sweet triple-frosted irony. As it turns out, when Wal Mart employees refused to make the cake on moral grounds, they were unknowingly acting in accordance with federal trademark laws.

Read: Wal Mart Workers Refuse To Make “Blue Lives Matter” Cake

This morning a long time friend of mine, who is a baker in a similar grocery chain outlet, cited copyright laws as a likely reason the Wal Mart had refused to make the cake. Since that was not the reason given, and since the cake was eventually made, I doubt that reasoning was in play. But while investigating claims on the thin blue line logo, I did find one.

The requested design, a black rectangle with a blue line through it, is a trademark protected image owned by Blue Line Productions. A message on their website shows gives documentation of ownership and contains the following statement from President Steve Bollinger:

Blue Line Productions is the proud owner of the “Blue Line Identifier” trademark. We originally designed, developed, and marketed this nationally recognized trademark. It is our intention to aggressively protect our mark. This mark can not be reproduced without the written permission of Blue Line Productions.

Click the banner to discover ideas for a better world by abolishing the police.
Clearly the federal trademark laws protecting the requested cake design were broken here. Here is an explanation from Cornell Law School:

Trademark law protects a trademark owner’s exclusive right to use a trademark when use of the markby another would be likely to cause consumer confusion as to the source or origin of goods. To establish a violation of the Lanham Act for either a registered mark under 15 U.S.C. § 1114, or an unregistered mark under 15 U.S.C. § 1125(a), the plaintiff must demonstrate that (1) it has a valid and legally protectable mark; (2) it owns the mark; and (3) the defendant’s use of the mark to identify goods or services causes a likelihood of confusion.

Suffice it to say, the cake certainly violates the terms of trademark law. Since it is a punishable crime which may be enforced by law enforcement agencies, one wonders why police have not investigated the commission of the the crime by the woman, nor its commitment by Wal Mart. Where were the good cops when these criminals were committing crimes in their names?

I guess cops think they can have their criminal cake and eat it, too.

Meanwhile here at CopBlock.org all of our materials are registered under a Creative Commons license which allows anyone to reuse or reproduce any of our materials for any reason at any time. Unlike Blue Line Productions, we are not greedy shysters trying to squeeze every last cent out of the thuggish misery of the police state. You are welcome.

jbauer
09-27-2016, 05:28 AM
Where can I get a blue lives matter bumper sticker. Sounds like a great way to get out of a speeding ticket.

Suzanimal
09-27-2016, 05:41 AM
Walmart doesn't like to do custom cakes. They gave me shit about my white birthday cake. I don't like the taste of food coloring and wanted a birthday cake with flowers but no food coloring in the frosting and it was quite a drama. I finally convinced the lady to make it for me because I used the Perry Mason technique on her but she was a tough nut to crack.

mrsat_98
09-27-2016, 06:15 AM
Where can I get a blue lives matter bumper sticker. Sounds like a great way to get out of a speeding ticket.

it works.

presence
09-27-2016, 07:21 AM
They refused to follow an Officer's order...

Should have been arrested on the spot.

wut? surely worthy of summary execution; no less.

Anti Federalist
09-27-2016, 05:33 PM

Whole slew of 'em...take your pick.

https://www.amazon.com/Bumper-Sticker-Lives-Matter-Blue/dp/B00RJ80AS8

Anti Federalist
09-27-2016, 05:35 PM
Hahahaha - perfect.

Three felonies a day.

Arrest that woman.

http://www.copblock.org/166498/wal-mart-employees-refused/

The Thin Blue Line Cake Wal Mart Employees Refused to Make Is Illegal
SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 BY JOSHUA SCOTT HOTCHKIN 7 COMMENTS

SHARES
FacebookTwitterGoogleRedditTumblr

Both the woman who ordered the cake, and the McDonough, Georgia Wal Mart who eventually made it despite employee protests, have violated federal laws.

You know what is more delicious than cake? Irony. Sweet triple-frosted irony. As it turns out, when Wal Mart employees refused to make the cake on moral grounds, they were unknowingly acting in accordance with federal trademark laws.

Read: Wal Mart Workers Refuse To Make “Blue Lives Matter” Cake

This morning a long time friend of mine, who is a baker in a similar grocery chain outlet, cited copyright laws as a likely reason the Wal Mart had refused to make the cake. Since that was not the reason given, and since the cake was eventually made, I doubt that reasoning was in play. But while investigating claims on the thin blue line logo, I did find one.

The requested design, a black rectangle with a blue line through it, is a trademark protected image owned by Blue Line Productions. A message on their website shows gives documentation of ownership and contains the following statement from President Steve Bollinger:

Blue Line Productions is the proud owner of the “Blue Line Identifier” trademark. We originally designed, developed, and marketed this nationally recognized trademark. It is our intention to aggressively protect our mark. This mark can not be reproduced without the written permission of Blue Line Productions.

Clearly the federal trademark laws protecting the requested cake design were broken here. Here is an explanation from Cornell Law School:

Trademark law protects a trademark owner’s exclusive right to use a trademark when use of the markby another would be likely to cause consumer confusion as to the source or origin of goods. To establish a violation of the Lanham Act for either a registered mark under 15 U.S.C. § 1114, or an unregistered mark under 15 U.S.C. § 1125(a), the plaintiff must demonstrate that (1) it has a valid and legally protectable mark; (2) it owns the mark; and (3) the defendant’s use of the mark to identify goods or services causes a likelihood of confusion.

Suffice it to say, the cake certainly violates the terms of trademark law. Since it is a punishable crime which may be enforced by law enforcement agencies, one wonders why police have not investigated the commission of the the crime by the woman, nor its commitment by Wal Mart. Where were the good cops when these criminals were committing crimes in their names?

I guess cops think they can have their criminal cake and eat it, too.

Meanwhile here at CopBlock.org all of our materials are registered under a Creative Commons license which allows anyone to reuse or reproduce any of our materials for any reason at any time. Unlike Blue Line Productions, we are not greedy shysters trying to squeeze every last cent out of the thuggish misery of the police state. You are welcome.

phill4paul
09-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Whole slew of 'em...take your pick.

https://www.amazon.com/Bumper-Sticker-Lives-Matter-Blue/dp/B00RJ80AS8

Hell you can do better than bumper stickers and actually get customized plates in N.C.

https://edmv.ncdot.gov/VehicleRegistration/SpecialPlate/GetImage?PlateID=58&ImageBackground=flight&ImageType=Stamped

https://edmv.ncdot.gov/VehicleRegistration/SpecialPlate/GetImage?PlateID=210&ImageBackground=flight&ImageType=Stamped